[Q] Htc M8 on Amazon

Search This thread

jfodra

Aug 11, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Currently, an unlocked htc m8 is available in Amazon for 670 dollars. It's 30 dollars cheaper than the original price. Why is that? I'm a little scared to buy it because I have read in the reviews that they received a 16gb version not the 32gb. I just don't want trouble like returning the phone or something.

treetolber

Jun 29, 2008
Las Vegas
OnePlus 11
Currently, an unlocked htc m8 is available in Amazon for 670 dollars. It's 30 dollars cheaper than the original price. Why is that? I'm a little scared to buy it because I have read in the reviews that they received a 16gb version not the 32gb. I just don't want trouble like returning the phone or something.

I have the 32gb from T-Mobile. First of all in my opinion all of the phones in the One family are the best most professional and elegant Android devices on the market today. I view them as cool Android devices for adults.

As far Amazon and getting a phone from there. I got two from them when I was on Sprint. They were both upgrades and Amazon only charged $.01 for each when Sprint was charging at least $50 for the upgrades. They got here in 2 days. It was a fabulous experience.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jfodra

grentuu

Jan 9, 2011
Just outside of Manchester UK

I think your most telling comment were the reviews. The fact people aren't getting what they paid for. Remember $670 for a 32gb might be a good deal. Same price for a 16gb isn't

If the reviews aren't good I always stay away. Especially if all you're saving is $30

jfodra

Aug 11, 2012
OnePlus 8T
I think your most telling comment were the reviews. The fact people aren't getting what they paid for. Remember $670 for a 32gb might be a good deal. Same price for a 16gb isn't

If the reviews aren't good I always stay away. Especially if all you're saving is $30

It is labeled as 32gb. And there's like only 2 reviewers who said they received a 16gb version so it looks like a good deal. Thank you for your replies. :) I'm just a little curious on how they can sell it cheaper.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
It is labeled as 32gb. And there's like only 2 reviewers who said they received a 16gb version so it looks like a good deal. Thank you for your replies. :) I'm just a little curious on how they can sell it cheaper.

Amazon is high volume, and they can afford to cut prices by not having a brick and mortar stores. Plus their logistics (delivery network) are unmatched. All of this means they can pretty much undercut most the competition on price (and therefore attract higher sales volume), and still make enough profit to be successful.

The purchase is direct from Amazon, correct (and not a 3rd party vendor that sells on Amazon as a portal)? If its the same listing I am looking at, it is. Amazon is really reliable. But mistakes just get made once in a while.

Merchandise returns are extremely easy on Amazon, in the event you end up having to do one. They give you a UPS label to print out, just slap it on the box it shipped in and seal the box, and take it to a UPS store (or you can probably call for UPS pickup). Since it was their mistake, they pay for shipping. When they made a mistake for something my wife ordered, they made it right by shipping the replacement overnight at no cost. Even when its a mistake I made (ordered some electrical part that were the wrong color) the return shipping was only about $2.

jfodra

Aug 11, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Amazon is high volume, and they can afford to cut prices by not having a brick and mortar stores. Plus their logistics (delivery network) are unmatched. All of this means they can pretty much undercut most the competition on price (and therefore attract higher sales volume), and still make enough profit to be successful.

The purchase is direct from Amazon, correct (and not a 3rd party vendor that sells on Amazon as a portal)? If its the same listing I am looking at, it is. Amazon is really reliable. But mistakes just get made once in a while.

Merchandise returns are extremely easy on Amazon, in the event you end up having to do one. They give you a UPS label to print out, just slap it on the box it shipped in and seal the box, and take it to a UPS store (or you can probably call for UPS pickup). Since it was their mistake, they pay for shipping. When they made a mistake for something my wife ordered, they made it right by shipping the replacement overnight at no cost. Even when its a mistake I made (ordered some electrical part that were the wrong color) the return shipping was only about $2.

Wow. You just gave me the most detailed answer. Thank you. I already ordered. Hoping to get what I wanted. Thank you again for that very detailed response.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I have the 32gb from T-Mobile. First of all in my opinion all of the phones in the One family are the best most professional and elegant Android devices on the market today. I view them as cool Android devices for adults.

As far Amazon and getting a phone from there. I got two from them when I was on Sprint. They were both upgrades and Amazon only charged $.01 for each when Sprint was charging at least $50 for the upgrades. They got here in 2 days. It was a fabulous experience.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk