Queries about rooting and unrooting

Search This thread

manish.200588

Apr 29, 2014
Pune
Hello everyone,

I am newbie and I want to root my Samsung S4 I9500, current on 4.4.2, I9500DDUFN4, India.
I have some question that I want ti clear before going for this new world of rooting.

1. How to unroot again, if I want to revert?
2. What is this knox 0? And seen in some of the thread that rooting will increase counter to x1. So how to revert it to 0 again?
3. As after rooting I would try some of the great customer ROMs. so, after unroorting which official firmware to install at first (means 4.3, 4.4.or 4.4.2?
4. Most imp just after rooting I am gona factory reset my phone and want to take full back of the factory version of phone so that can be used in case I want to revert. So how to do that? is that is called as Nandroid backup?
5. Is knox 0 x1 counter voids warranty?
6. Any other precautions and suggestions for your side?

Basically I want to root, factory reset, take backup, install custom roms. And in case of failure or problem I want to revert to factory version with official rom and with all warranty.

So please explain or links can be also given so that I will learn my own.

Sorry for this long questionnaire.

and THANKS in Advance.

CarlM34

Dec 31, 2012
GPS anyone???
carlmccluskey.com
Hello everyone,

I am newbie and I want to root my Samsung S4 I9500, current on 4.4.2, I9500DDUFN4, India.
I have some question that I want ti clear before going for this new world of rooting.

2. What is this knox 0? And seen in some of the thread that rooting will increase counter to x1. So how to revert it to 0 again?
3. As after rooting I would try some of the great customer ROMs. so, after unroorting which official firmware to install at first (means 4.3, 4.4.or 4.4.2?
4. Most imp just after rooting I am gona factory reset my phone and want to take full back of the factory version of phone so that can be used in case I want to revert. So how to do that? is that is called as Nandroid backup?

Basically I want to root, factory reset, take backup, install custom roms. And in case of failure or problem I want to revert to factory version with official rom and with all warranty.

and THANKS in Advance.

Hi there,

You can unroot by flashing Stock firmware or SuperSU has an option for this also!
Once you have tripped the knox flag to 0x1 you CANNOT reverse it back to 0x0
As you have 4.4.2 firmware already you will not be able to downgrade. You will need to insatll the original 4.4.2 firmware your phone came installed with or higher!
Yes....or you can back it up with a custom recovery such as Philz or flash stock firmware!
Not in the EU (as far as I know)
Yes! Alot more reading my friend before you decide to do anything to your phone. If you are going to install custom roms then you will need a custom recovery (this will trip knox flag)

Recovery - Philz (recommended but not the only custom recovery)

Root - CF AutoRoot (not the only method)

KNOX - Here

Stock ROMs - Here (flashable in Odin)

Good Luck :good:;)

Reactions: manish.200588

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,

and THANKS in Advance.

Hi there,

You can unroot by flashing Stock firmware or SuperSU has an option for this also!
    Once you have tripped the knox flag to 0x1 you CANNOT reverse it back to 0x0
    As you have 4.4.2 firmware already you will not be able to downgrade. You will need to insatll the original 4.4.2 firmware your phone came installed with or higher!
    Yes....or you can back it up with a custom recovery such as Philz or flash stock firmware!
    Not in the EU (as far as I know)
    Yes! Alot more reading my friend before you decide to do anything to your phone. If you are going to install custom roms then you will need a custom recovery (this will trip knox flag)

Recovery - Philz (recommended but not the only custom recovery)

Root - CF AutoRoot (not the only method)

KNOX - Here

Stock ROMs - Here (flashable in Odin)

Good Luck :good:;)