Sprint Touch Cube Configuration Tool 4.1

Search This thread

thisguyinoc

Feb 28, 2007
Orange County, CA
Ok, I think this one is gonna need a sticky. I got sick of having to type in all of the shortcuts in the registry editor to change the cube, so I wrote this little spiffy app. It allows you to customize the 2 sides of the cube with shortcuts. Just make sure you know what you are doing as far as what can go where. Enjoy!

Version 1.1 - I got tired of waiting for the file browser to refresh everytime. Now you only have to wait for the first time, after that it is cached.

Version 1.2 - Added IconPress to the 6-App Side, and IconPlaying, IconPlayingPress, and IconPress to the 3-App side.

Version 2.0 - Added param for 6-App Side and 3-App Side. Added links to animation files. Added GUI for app selection for 3-App side and 6-App side.

Version 2.1 - Squashed the bugs that were coming up. Sorry I didn't test it enough before releasing.

Version 3.0 - Now supports multiple 6-App sides (See Polen's Vista Cube)!! Added reset to defaults. Automatic shortcut selector or browse for apps. Fixed the bug where the Program Files directory wasn't showing up in the Browse tree.

Version 4.0 - Added support for the iCube , animation configuring for newly added sides, export settings to .reg file, and icon image preview*.

*The icon image preview must be set up correctly to work. It all depends on the naming convention used. Polen's icon packs work with the preview. Since the .brn files cannot be rendered, a .bmp file must be placed in the directory with the .brn having the same filename or following Polen's naming convention (ex. ie.bmp -> ie_top.brn, ie_top_press.brn).

I tried testing it with the stock cube, Polen's 6 sided cube, and the iCube, but may not have caught everything, so if you find a bug, let me know!

SORRY!!! I left out a file from the .cab, it's all fixed now! Enjoy!

Version 4.1 - Fixed a bug in the export settings and the Save button was getting disabled.

Download link: http://rapidshare.com/files/79573356/CubeConfig4.1.zip

If you guys have anymore suggestions, let me know.

Cheers!

Last edited:

510jungleboy

Jan 14, 2007

ambush276

Nov 12, 2007
difference between this and touch settings???

ok one question

when i make Icons. I save them as a BMP 24 bit, then i can just BMP to BRN and it will work?

ambush276

Nov 12, 2007
also you just install CAB and go. Do you have to stop any processes before going. I guess i wont wait for Touch settings. This looks like it will work great???

just need to know if i need different icon sizes for the 3X2 and Media Hub????

carlosp_uk

Aug 25, 2005
Ok, I think this one is gonna need a sticky. I got sick of having to type in all of the shortcuts in the registry editor to change the cube, so I wrote this little spiffy app. It allows you to customize the 2 sides of the cube with shortcuts. Just make sure you know what you are doing as far as what can go where. Enjoy!

Without wanting to detract from what you have done, you may also want to look at 'Touch Settings' which has this functionality already. (now works on the Vogue) See:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=324556 (main thread)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=347892 (vogue support thread)

ambush276

Nov 12, 2007
in your post though it said that you cant do Iocns yet on the sprint touch this one i believe if you just set the filepath you can!

also carlos kind of in response to my other thread in the vogue forum.

I was at my friends house playing w/ his sprint touch, downloaded some icons from my website, and put them on w/ this prog. I just saved files to the windows folder with BRN extension and it worked? Idk if it will w/ touch settings, but this one works for that purpose....

still not sure though if you need different size icons for mediahub..???

also still my question..... do you have to stop running the mediahub.exe or w/e the file is called before installilng this puppy?

ambush276

Nov 12, 2007
great! ive heard so many great things about the touch settings program.. That i want to continue using it.

My question is are the pics still fuzzy when you use BMP to BRN. OR are they clear like sprint pre installed logo's.

my final question, and i know its been asked, can i use the 119 by the other dimension for both the 3X2 and Media Hub Screen?? What dimensions do i need? on the pics?

also i heard about Media hub not closing? is this true or is it fixed?

fablife

Jan 11, 2007
Toronto
Would this work for the Bell Mobility version of the HTC Touch? (Canadian carrier, with a version of the Sprint vogue)

ambush276

Nov 12, 2007
what i dont understand is th animation tab. I know how to make my own icons and stuff, my question is... like what is the animations brn?? What do i have to make for those. Do i need to change it?? I have all custom icons, does animations matter?

thisguyinoc

Feb 28, 2007
Orange County, CA
what i dont understand is th animation tab. I know how to make my own icons and stuff, my question is... like what is the animations brn?? What do i have to make for those. Do i need to change it?? I have all custom icons, does animations matter?

those are the images that are shown when changing from side to side. You don't have to change them, but you now have the option.

ambush276

Nov 12, 2007
i c. So like if i make icon images... when i go to animations tab, i just say for image 1, run the path to my icon. Then i will be fine?? and it will turn w/ icon of choice... But there are only 6 icons???

Haggar

Jun 28, 2007
If you guys have anymore suggestions, let me know.

What I'd really like to see is the ability to add QDail sides to the cube like you can with the Aplauncher. Has anyone got that working? I have more than 9 frequently called contacts and would love to have at least 2 sides of contacts - one for personal and one for business would be perfect.

But now that I've typed all this...I just realized that you didn't write the 6-sided cube app, right? I just integrates with yours....

I've been using the Touch Settings program from Carlos -- I'm anxious to see how this one works, too. Thanks to both of you for your hard work!

thisguyinoc

Feb 28, 2007
Orange County, CA
What I'd really like to see is the ability to add QDail sides to the cube like you can with the Aplauncher. Has anyone got that working? I have more than 9 frequently called contacts and would love to have at least 2 sides of contacts - one for personal and one for business would be perfect.

But now that I've typed all this...I just realized that you didn't write the 6-sided cube app, right? I just integrates with yours....

I've been using the Touch Settings program from Carlos -- I'm anxious to see how this one works, too. Thanks to both of you for your hard work!

Yeah, I didn't write the 6-sided cube. I worked with Polen to make my app scale to the number of sides you have installed.

Haggar

Jun 28, 2007
Yeah, I didn't write the 6-sided cube. I worked with Polen to make my app scale to the number of sides you have installed.

I played with your program yesterday (okay, let me be honest...I spent 20 hours in the past 24 hours making new cube graphics and drinking coffee until it was bleeding out my ears) and it's wonderful. In combination with the 6 sided cube it's a really great ap.

This may be from a total lack of sleep and the really nice caffiene buzz I've got going, but I'm a bit confused regarding the rotation anims and how to set them via the anim tab.

Is there a way to specify different transition graphics sets between sides 1&2, 2&3, and 3&4? It seems like the default is set to use C0-C5 for all rotations of the Launcher. Am I missing something? I was that the VistaCube program installed D0-D5 so manually created my own and added them to the Windows directory. My D series seems to be applied to those transitions eventhough the animations page shows C0-C5.

Is there a way to get to a drop down menu specifically for the extra sides or is this something that must be done manually? And in either case...how would I set it up to have separate anims for each of the different sides?

The main reason I ask is because I'm planning to use rather generic icons on my launcher pages so that I can swap out programs whenever I want without having to update the graphics on the cube. For example...I have an MP3 player icon that says "Music" on one page. I can assign that to Mort, or WMP, or anything else I want and not worry about the icon. That allows me to put the icons into the rotation graphics so it's a smooth transition and I don't see the "flash" when the app icons load on top of an otherwise different background.

Whew...long-ass question for something so simple. Any help would be appreciated!

thisguyinoc

Feb 28, 2007
Orange County, CA
I played with your program yesterday (okay, let me be honest...I spent 20 hours in the past 24 hours making new cube graphics and drinking coffee until it was bleeding out my ears) and it's wonderful. In combination with the 6 sided cube it's a really great ap.

This may be from a total lack of sleep and the really nice caffiene buzz I've got going, but I'm a bit confused regarding the rotation anims and how to set them via the anim tab.

Is there a way to specify different transition graphics sets between sides 1&2, 2&3, and 3&4? It seems like the default is set to use C0-C5 for all rotations of the Launcher. Am I missing something? I was that the VistaCube program installed D0-D5 so manually created my own and added them to the Windows directory. My D series seems to be applied to those transitions eventhough the animations page shows C0-C5.

Is there a way to get to a drop down menu specifically for the extra sides or is this something that must be done manually? And in either case...how would I set it up to have separate anims for each of the different sides?

The main reason I ask is because I'm planning to use rather generic icons on my launcher pages so that I can swap out programs whenever I want without having to update the graphics on the cube. For example...I have an MP3 player icon that says "Music" on one page. I can assign that to Mort, or WMP, or anything else I want and not worry about the icon. That allows me to put the icons into the rotation graphics so it's a smooth transition and I don't see the "flash" when the app icons load on top of an otherwise different background.

Whew...long-ass question for something so simple. Any help would be appreciated!

That's a very logical request. Look for it in the next release.

JayMike

Nov 25, 2007

Did you ever figure out a way to add another contact side to the cube?

Mad Medik

Jan 28, 2006
The Hammer!
I just installed the CubeConfig3.0.CAB

In the usual screen that says successfully installed and if you need more room... It is followed by a message I have not seen yet:

The program you have installed may not display properly because it was designed for a previous version of Windows Mobile software.

FYI

EDIT: I'm running the unmodified WM6 on a Bell CDMA Touch (Vogue - 128MB RAM/256 MB ROM)

Last edited: