[I815/P6800/P6810] CyanogenMod 9 (08/12/2012)

Search This thread

locerra

Aug 18, 2010
Seattle
I'm not sure what you mean by "radio related things". Most of the differences between the p6800 and p6810 come from the person who is working on the p6200 port, so it may actually be better to let him know (since I can't really test any changes that I make regarding the 3g radio). He has a similar thread in the galaxy tab plus forums.

Reactions: stefanamlappi

poisike

Jun 6, 2009
I'm not sure what you mean by "radio related things". Most of the differences between the p6800 and p6810 come from the person who is working on the p6200 port, so it may actually be better to let him know (since I can't really test any changes that I make regarding the 3g radio). He has a similar thread in the galaxy tab plus forums.

I sent you a PM.

aorth

Nov 10, 2010
Nairobi, Kenya
mjanja.ch

Yup, that would be me, the P6200 guy.

@poisike: you can let me know about radio-related stuff... :)

So success the newly compiled rom is booting on my p6800, if i can help in anyway please advise.. Thanks

Keep your repos up to date. "watch" our repositories on github. And fork them if you dare ;). And help defend us from users who ask too many questions about easy stuff (like flashing recovery, feature requests, ETAs, etc) ;)

stefanamlappi

May 28, 2006
No phonecalls and No Internet connection:-( we all hope we can do that in the near Future :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

sohoclub

Nov 13, 2007
Sound ,Bluetooth ,Wifi ,Camera ,GPS ,Phone ,..etc. still can't working.

NO Filemanage APP, PLEASE ADD TOO.
Thanks!!

questionmark

May 10, 2005
leiden

Thanks!!

Read the thread, DEV people working on this ROM knows about it. It is a DEV preview ROM...
It is written in black on white what is currently working and does not. I'm sure the people that initiate this work are the first to want to get sound and wifi working.
The good news is that we are not alone as we share many of the HW of the tab 7 plus.
As for camera reading all over will tell it will only happen when there be a driver from Samsung so hold your breath :)

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda premium

Last edited:

maconsultant

Jun 10, 2011
New York
I'd like to add to Questionmarks post. Do remember there was no movement until the OP and the other DEVs donated the time to this. Please don't keep asking about when will this work or add that. I for one have the GT-P6800 and want to see this finished like every other owner, but please you must be patient.

Super-S

Oct 21, 2010

Thanks!!

You have to add it on your own!!!! :cool:

RTFM

This is not a shop where you can place orders!

We know whats not working... this is a dev-thread. Read it, and beg for a working release in the future... like i do!

If you can help, post!

ps. big letters are not welcome...

fisfisbg22

Jun 23, 2008
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU :) man once WIFI and GPS are working im flashing :) i dont care about camera or Bluetooth..

again i wish i can help. but im no developer

emprize

Jan 15, 2007
if 3g and bluetooth work on 6800, i can try as daily rom, but this is good progress, nice work everybody

poisike

Jun 6, 2009
Congratulations poisike!
I'm can see soon will get all working as GTAB 8.8
Would love to try it as I have a build machine working, would you mind explaining what u did?
Was it the iniramsf missing libs?

Thanks again!

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda premium

In p6800.mk replace:
$(call inherit-product, $(SRC_TARGET_DIR)/product/full_base_telephony.mk)
with:
$(call inherit-product, $(SRC_TARGET_DIR)/product/full_base.mk)

Add the missing configs from:
https://github.com/Galaxian-Soup/p5...rameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml
https://github.com/Galaxian-Soup/p5.../base/packages/SystemUI/res/values/config.xml

Add the following line to build.prop:
ro.telephony.sends_barcount=1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've started porting CyanogenMod 9 to the Galaxy Tab 7.7. Do not flash this unless you know how to backup your data and especially unless you know how to get back to stock. If you don't already know how to do this, you might want to familiarize yourself with the process now, while the developers try to stablize CM9. I don't have time to help people unbrick their devices, and will not take responsibility for any user bricking their device, you flash this at your own risk.

If you are a developer interested in helping out with the porting effort, please PM me.

Known Issues
    • HDMI dongle doesn't work
    • Some USB keyboards aren't working
    • I815: CDMA and LTE isn't enabled
    • I815: GPS doesn't work
    • I815: Autobrightness is broken
    Download
    Google apps can be found at http://goo.im/gapps
    Old

Flash
    Flash from ClockworkMod Recovery, make sure to wipe data/factory reset. No whining if it eats your homework.

Build Instructions
    Setup a standard CyanogenMod 9 build environment (there are plenty of tutorials on the web already on how to do this). Then
    1. Add add the following entries to your local manifest
      Code:
      <project path="device/samsung/XXX"
          name="ohanar/android_device_samsung_XXX" 
          revision="ics"
          remote="github" />
      <project path="device/samsung/smdk4210-tab"
          name="ohanar/android_device_samsung_smdk4210-tab" 
          revision="ics"
          remote="github" />
      <project path="kernel/samsung/smdk4210-tab"
          name="ohanar/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4210-tab"
          revision="ics"
          remote="github" />
      where you replace XXX with your device (i815, p6200, p6210, p6800, p6810, or t869).
    2. Make sure that your device is running the newest build of CyanogenMod 9 or stock ICS if your device has it.
    3. Make sure your device is plugged in and has debugging enabled.
    4. Run the extract-files script from your particular device tree.
    5. Run vendor/cm/get-prebuilts
    6. Your sources are now ready, to build run
      Code:
      $ . build/envsetup.sh       # this sets up the build environment
      $ lunch cm_XXX-userdebug    # this selects your device
      $ mka bacon                 # this builds CM
    Changelog
    • 08/08/2012
      • Hopefully remaining wifi issues fixed (wifi hotfix shouldn't be needed anymore)
      • Wifi tethering enabled (no clue if it works)
    • 08/03/2012
      • LPM fixed (can now charge while off)
      • Camera force closes fixed
    • 7/19/2012
      • P68x0: Autobrightness fixed
      • Bluetooth fixed (thanks to lowtraxx for pointing out where the issue was)
      • I815: LTE Modem's massive power drain fixed
    • 7/15/2012
      • Wifi! -- for real real, not for play play
      • P6800: SIM Toolkit Support
      • Hardware-Accelerated Video (Regression in 7/10/2012)
      • ASOP Charging mode (still not really working)
    • 7/10/2012
      • smdk4210-tab kernel
      • I815 build
      • vibration (regression in Alpha 2)
      • 3g data on P6800 (regression in Alpha 2)
      • Camera (both front and back)
      • Regression: Hardware-accelated video (this also means no previews in the Camera)
      • Regression: LPM
    • Alpha 2
      • smdk4210 kernel (common kernel used in the CM9 ports for the i9100, i777, n7000, p6200, p6210, p6800, and p6810)
      • USB gadget support
      • Hardware-accelerated video
      • Rear facing camera (only stills for now)
      • Better auto brightness (values still need to be tuned)
      • LPM (charge while off)
      • Probably other stuff (been a long time since last update)
      • Regression: Vibrator no longer works, we now get a beep instead
    • Alpha 1
      • Upgrade wifi driver to compat-wireless-3.4-rc3-1
      • GPS hopefully fixed (thanks to Alan Orth)
      • Data Usage fixed (thanks to Alan Orth + Galaxy Tab 10.1 devs)
    • DP3.1
      • Wifi fix that sometimes works
    • DP3
      • Torch App (thanks to Alan Orth)
      • Fixed reboot download
      • Wifi partially works
      • Other random bugs caused by building with gcc 4.6 (now using the recommended 4.4)
    • DP2.1
      • 3G/GSM fix (thanks to poisike)
    • DP2
      • Audio works!
    • DP1.1
      • Partial fix for autobrightness (gets brighter, doesn't get darker)
      • Phone like interface is gone
      • P6800: added GSM libraries, and basic 3g configuration

Credits
    • aorth -- set up the device tree for the GT-6200 (Tab Plus 3g), has been a great collaborator
    • poisike -- provided fix for 3g/gsm
    • teamhacksung -- set up the galaxys2 device tree, which was the basis for my tree
    Everyone who is having trouble with wifi, make sure you do the following
    1. Wipe/Factory reset
    2. If you know how make a logcat.
    3. If you made a logcat, post it, and if you didn't don't post anything -- I'm fully aware that Wifi isn't working for everyone
    4. Try the hotfix I've attached to this post

@loccera there is an old wpa_supplicant in the newest build. Thats why wifi isnt working for most of the users.
    If you mean it doesn't have the wpa_supplicant from stock ICS, that is because it is impossible to include a binary wpa_supplicant in the CM build process (if you tried, it would get overwritten by the one that is built from source). The reasoning is that wpa_supplicant is GPL'ed, so by law any alterations made to it that are used in a distributed binary must be publicly shared -- unfortunately Samsung has decided to ignore the law and has not released their modifications. The best I can do is provide a hotfix zip with the stock ICS wpa_supplicant until I manage to get the opensource driver fully functional.
    Thread Cleaned

I have cleaned all of the off topic posts from the last few pages. I remind all this is a development thread and not for general discussion.

EDIT: Once again i have cleaned this thread, please only post here if you have something to add to the development. Lets keep it on topic from now!​
    What I was really doing while all y'all were complaining about your lack of mobile data :p
    So aorth just fixed RIL, the last outstanding issue from switching kernels that has plagued the Tab 7+. Unfortunately we weren't as lucky, and had a few more:
    • screen glitches (which make the build unusable)
    • the vibrator is broken (and produces annoying beeps)
    I'm currently waiting on the note source drop before trying to fix those, but once I do, I plan on posting a new build which should have the following fixed
    • usb gadget support (adb should work on all platforms, mtp should work, usb tethering, etc...)
    • hardware accelerated video
    • proof of concept camera (this and wifi are what I'm currently working on)
    • possibly other stuff that I'm forgetting