[Q] Am i screwed or what

Search This thread

jaxxden

Apr 23, 2012
hey guys yestrerday my phone took a path for the worst
i was mad at something and so i banged my phone against the table *anger issues.Now the phone turns on but its all black screen and sometimes partially gray and partially black. I can hear the volume when i press it and the phone vibrates and rings for calls but i cant see nothing its all dark.
i assume its not a software problem...rather hardware. Did i break the screen or disconnect a ribbon from the board to the screen
i have a G2 obviously with ics

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
more than likely one of those options. may be hard to diagnose it until you open it up.
even then it may not be obvious if its the screen or flex cable, but im guessing its one of them.
good luck!

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007
I think the ribbon cable can have wires that are severed inside, despite the shielding still being intact.

jaxxden

Apr 23, 2012
Can it be possible that the screen is broken becuase only the screen is black i can play music because i remember where i put the widget.....so can it be the screen because i dont think its a ribbon

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Both the lcd and ribbion can have the same effect. I can't tell you which one is bad on your end, but I can say that with all my years fixing slider phones it almost never is the lcd

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

jaxxden

Apr 23, 2012
Can it still be the screen although i took it out and it dosent look broken, take a look:

Attachments

• snapshot.jpg
    snapshot.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 42

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Not saying it isn't the screen I'm just saying that it more than likley is the flex cable, harder to replace and about 35 usd vrs 20 for an lcd. Take your pick but if it were me id go flex cable

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium