ParanoidAndroid 3.00 for the HTC Explorer/pico[2-4-13]

Search This thread

AmalD

Mar 26, 2012
kozhikode
pa2pluslogolarge.png

ParanoidAndroid 3.00 for the HTC Explorer/pico

This is still JB 4.1.2, since we're still building PA with a CM base. PA's new AOSP 4.2 base appears to be on the same 'jellybean' branch, which is why (I'm assuming) the version still went up to 3.00. I didn't change this, it was built that way from PA source.

Disclaimer: I do not claim to be a developer... However, by READING, SEARCHING, and TRYING, I've learned some tricks of the trade. One of them has been building from source. All I am doing is putting a few pieces together to make it compile, all the hard work has been done by h8rift and mg2195. Their repos, hard work, and dedication build this ROM - all thanks/credit goes to them as well as the CM and the PA teams. . I test these builds on my own device before any release, but I do not claim it will work for everyone. ALWAYS have a nandroid in case of emergencies. I am NOT responsible for bricked devices or catastrophic failure :) Changelog and Screenshots live in the second post. .

What is it?
PER-APP-DPI/LAYOUT. This is not tablet mode! Hybrid engine allows you to target apps individually. You get to pick their actual layouts which can tranform content drastically. Keep in mind, this has nothing to do with build.prop hacks or DPI changes. We list all layouts an app brings, you choose one, its as easy as that. It does not matter if your device runs itself in Phone-, Phablet or Tablet-UI, your apps will always look as you like. On top of that you can scale apps, to fit your screen, that way you can even bring full fledged tablet apps and make them run perfectly. Nothing will break, nothing will shrink, your market will be fine. Additionally we have rewritten many parts of the android framework and fixed countless of AOSP bugs to make way for these modifications - our "tablet mode" runs better on a phone than on a real tablet, that is guaranteed.

pa_perappdpi.png

PER-APP-COLOR
Paranoidandroids newest invention. Define apps in your regular hybrid panel. See your phone fade into the color definition of your current app, press home or go elsewhere and it fades back. Create as many combinations you like, you can even dabble with opacity. This feature is made possible by our hybrid engine, which is unique to this rom.

pa_perappcolor.png

Changelog

Initial build :)

What works:
almost everything :)

What doesn't work:

You tell

paranoid_instructions.png

Same as other CM Roms

paranoid_credits.png

Pico CM team
Bhargav
Akshat shenoy
siddharth
gnexus
Sorta alex
every 1 i missed :)

Last edited:

electron.hTcpico

Sep 27, 2012
Mumbai
is this a source build or based on cm10b6 or any other rom from some diff phone as PAC.......?:confused::confused::confused::confused:
any will be trying this....:silly::silly::silly::p:p:laugh:

Reactions: ffox44

kayak#12

Mar 22, 2012
Italy
Looks good! Good work bro! ;)

I will try it :)

PS: screenshots from HTC explorer??

Last edited:

keval_104

Oct 31, 2012
ahmedabad
gapps not working

superstripped gapps not working op!!!!!

btw rom is awesome!!!!
i liked per app colour.....its just awesome....

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    pa2pluslogolarge.png

ParanoidAndroid 3.00 for the HTC Explorer/pico

This is still JB 4.1.2, since we're still building PA with a CM base. PA's new AOSP 4.2 base appears to be on the same 'jellybean' branch, which is why (I'm assuming) the version still went up to 3.00. I didn't change this, it was built that way from PA source.

Disclaimer: I do not claim to be a developer... However, by READING, SEARCHING, and TRYING, I've learned some tricks of the trade. One of them has been building from source. All I am doing is putting a few pieces together to make it compile, all the hard work has been done by h8rift and mg2195. Their repos, hard work, and dedication build this ROM - all thanks/credit goes to them as well as the CM and the PA teams. . I test these builds on my own device before any release, but I do not claim it will work for everyone. ALWAYS have a nandroid in case of emergencies. I am NOT responsible for bricked devices or catastrophic failure :) Changelog and Screenshots live in the second post. .

What is it?
    PER-APP-DPI/LAYOUT. This is not tablet mode! Hybrid engine allows you to target apps individually. You get to pick their actual layouts which can tranform content drastically. Keep in mind, this has nothing to do with build.prop hacks or DPI changes. We list all layouts an app brings, you choose one, its as easy as that. It does not matter if your device runs itself in Phone-, Phablet or Tablet-UI, your apps will always look as you like. On top of that you can scale apps, to fit your screen, that way you can even bring full fledged tablet apps and make them run perfectly. Nothing will break, nothing will shrink, your market will be fine. Additionally we have rewritten many parts of the android framework and fixed countless of AOSP bugs to make way for these modifications - our "tablet mode" runs better on a phone than on a real tablet, that is guaranteed.

pa_perappdpi.png

PER-APP-COLOR
    Paranoidandroids newest invention. Define apps in your regular hybrid panel. See your phone fade into the color definition of your current app, press home or go elsewhere and it fades back. Create as many combinations you like, you can even dabble with opacity. This feature is made possible by our hybrid engine, which is unique to this rom.

pa_perappcolor.png

Changelog

Initial build :)

What works:
    almost everything :)

What doesn't work:

You tell

paranoid_instructions.png

Same as other CM Roms

paranoid_credits.png

Pico CM team
    Bhargav