my note n9005 dropping carrier signal.!

Search This thread

thermax04

Nov 26, 2010
i have n9005 build mj7 and root
today received 2 text message (carrier service) that these people tried to call u, when i called those 2 friends told me my phone was off, which never did
after e hours when i was installing some stuff and found an icon that no signal while in battery consumption screen : cell standby i got : time without signal 0%
i went to connection and choosed my network to get signal back
then after 2 hours i tried to call my phone several times and it was giving me an answer that my phone is off althoug carrier signal pars were full!!, and had to restart phone to get it work back
what is happening?
which is a good app by experince can alert me when i lose signal?
tried reset signal app but it crach each time i try it, may be not compatible with 4.3
found no signal alert but never updated since August 2012, trying it now
is there any way to get a log when i lost the signal

gunjka

Aug 21, 2007
I got similar issue. My note 3 network strength is worse than my old note 2 was.

thermax04

Nov 26, 2010
so is it a known issue? iam modifinf alot of thing on my phone so i was afraid that i did something wrong, ssocially that iam knox 0x1 now and void my warranty

thermax04

Nov 26, 2010
mine is from Saudi Arabia, just 1 week old, and this problem just started today

xuggs

Aug 30, 2010
mine is from Saudi Arabia, just 1 week old, and this problem just started today

I have a slightly different issue. My data stops working even though it shows 4G signal connected. The up arrow is blinking but the down arrow is not. It happens randomly and will also start working after some time and then stop working again. None of the services work when its not working like opening any site with the browser fails. I am annoyed with this. The same SIM when used on my Nokia 920 doesn't do this. It's constantly working for days. Something with my Note 3. Not rooted. N9005 LTE. UAE. Is there any way to diagnose this? If I restart the phone it starts working again immediately. I don't want to do a factory reset.

thermax04

Nov 26, 2010
there r some apps on market which will alert u if lost data connection and allow u to reset the service by 1 touch

djrm

Nov 7, 2008
Same issue here in the UK. Worse signal of any phone i've ever had. Its crazy. Here's hoping kitkat will help

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Same issue here in the UK. Worse signal of any phone i've ever had. Its crazy. Here's hoping kitkat will help

My Three sim card was awful for signal on my note no matter what area I was in, but turned out it was a bad card.. My O2 sim has full signal and full 4G connection though all the time anywhere.

alom5

Dec 4, 2010
My Vodafone 4g had been pretty sheeeit since I've had it. They can't explain why. So last few days I'm on stock and just rooted... Not that many mods and it seems to be holding much better signal and showing LTE as well. Getting 91db whereas it was 101db before.... I dunno what's going on

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
My Vodafone 4g had been pretty sheeeit since I've had it. They can't explain why. So last few days I'm on stock and just rooted... Not that many mods and it seems to be holding much better signal and showing LTE as well. Getting 91db whereas it was 101db before.... I dunno what's going on

Just an FYI - Vodafone having massive signal issues currently. - AFAIK they're fixing some borked network routers

They went out of action totally last week for a few hours and have yet to fully recover

alom5

Dec 4, 2010
Just an FYI - Vodafone having massive signal issues currently. - AFAIK they're fixing some borked network routers

They went out of action totally last week for a few hours and have yet to fully recover

I think you are right.... I've not paid anything to them since I had the contract. Refunded £65 this month as well..... Lucky is a 12month jobbie....

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Yeah 12month thing with me on O2 also, they don't officially have 4G here in York yet, however I have it full currently. I was gonna go with Vodafone, but couple of my mates have it and they've had non-stop issues similar to yours :( -- And they're the most bloody expensive too! :\

alom5

Dec 4, 2010
Yeah 12month thing with me on O2 also, they don't officially have 4G here in York yet, however I have it full currently. I was gonna go with Vodafone, but couple of my mates have it and they've had non-stop issues similar to yours :( -- And they're the most bloody expensive too! :\

From previous experiences... Signal was always the best but it's been 3 years since I had them..... And boy have they gone shhhhit. I got o2 contract as well but not 4g as they hadn't rolled any out and weren't even promising to do so. My local Vodafone store told me how they have bought the best equipment and all that shhhhhhit and I thought it to be true..... Man was I wrong. I suppose free phone for nothing as it stands.... So not all bad lol

fromanbr

Oct 27, 2011
I returned the phone and got a new one. After that I flashed a Rom of my carrier. Issues are gone :D

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium HD app