Help!!!

Search This thread

dablitzkrieg

Mar 27, 2011
I can only boot into recovery, I can not boot into download mode, nor can I boot into any ROM that I flash. Most recently, I was operating the most recent PAC MAN ROM. I am unsure how to get back into anything. Is this thing totally bricked?? Any help would be great. I am using clockwork mod recovery. Please ehlp

jcbjoe

Apr 17, 2011
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 7
I can only boot into recovery, I can not boot into download mode, nor can I boot into any ROM that I flash. Most recently, I was operating the most recent PAC MAN ROM. I am unsure how to get back into anything. Is this thing totally bricked?? Any help would be great. I am using clockwork mod recovery. Please ehlp

When you plug your device into your computer and open up odin does it at least say added!!

Also are you sure you are entering download (odin mode) correctly

Are you trying to go into odin mode while plugged into your computer .. if so try without the computer (unplugged)

Thanks

EDIT: Can you get into recovery mode ?

dablitzkrieg

Mar 27, 2011
When you plug your device into your computer and open up odin does it at least say added!!

Also are you sure you are entering download (odin mode) correctly

Are you trying to go into odin mode while plugged into your computer .. if so try without the computer (unplugged)

Thanks

No. I can enter recovery only by the button method. I also can briefly enter download mode with the green android guy for like 3 seconds and then the phone shuts off. I think the bootloader is bricked. It is weird though, I can get into recovery. When attempting to use Odin, usb doesnt appear to work either. cant even charge the phone

jcbjoe

Apr 17, 2011
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 7
No. I can enter recovery only by the button method. I also can briefly enter download mode with the green android guy for like 3 seconds and then the phone shuts off. I think the bootloader is bricked. It is weird though, I can get into recovery. When attempting to use Odin, usb doesnt appear to work either. cant even charge the phone

Since you can get into recovery .. can you try to tell it to boot to the boot loader or boot screen .. i forgot what the option was .. also can you post your specs like

Galaxy s3
Baseband

Whatever .. more people might want to know this information as well

dablitzkrieg

Mar 27, 2011
Since you can get into recovery .. can you try to tell it to boot to the boot loader or boot screen .. i forgot what the option was .. also can you post your specs like

Galaxy s3
Baseband

Whatever .. more people might want to know this information as well

I have tried to boot into bootloader. It does not...only a black screen. Baseband is ML1

jcbjoe

Apr 17, 2011
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 7

I have tried to boot into bootloader. It does not...only a black screen. Baseband is ML1

How are you on clockwork mod recovery when ML1 Baseband / Bootloader is unlockable ?

Are you sure its ML1 ?

Also have you tried to install the universal drivers for your computer so the device manager can recognize it at least ?

dablitzkrieg

Mar 27, 2011
How are you on clockwork mod recovery when ML1 Baseband / Bootloader is unlockable ?

Are you sure its ML1 ?

Also have you tried to install the universal drivers for your computer so the device manager can recognize it at least ?

the one prior to the latest...I think NC1? Sorry. Can you give me a link to the universal drivers.

I dont think it will work. I cant charge it

dablitzkrieg

Mar 27, 2011
Have you tried

adb reboot boot loader

or

adb reboot download

I dont have that option in the cwm recovery i am in. I believe the cwm im on is 6.0.4.3. Also, when the phone is pulled in, it will not turn on at all. Everytime I put the battery in, it tries to boot, i see the samsung screen, then it goes to the blue android guy for like a tenth of a second and the phone shuts off. Same thing with download mode. It attempts to go to it....I see all of the info in the top left hand corner of the screen and the phone shuts off.

jcbjoe

Apr 17, 2011
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 7
I dont have that option in the cwm recovery i am in. I believe the cwm im on is 6.0.4.3. Also, when the phone is pulled in, it will not turn on at all. Everytime I put the battery in, it tries to boot, i see the samsung screen, then it goes to the blue android guy for like a tenth of a second and the phone shuts off. Same thing with download mode. It attempts to go to it....I see all of the info in the top left hand corner of the screen and the phone shuts off.

If you have a bad cable change it

If something else is going wrong you can call Verizon and play dumb .. instead of calling Assurian you should call the regular total care protection .. say you have a hardware issue and that you where charging it and then all of a sudden something happened

* You never know .. its all up to you .. nothing else you really can do

1. Recovery
2. Download mode
3. Try adb reboot boot loader
4. adb reboot download
5. New Charger
6. Warranty swap

There is a good channel on irc

irc.freenode.net and the channel is #verizons3 .. there is live support there

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
Have you tried

adb reboot boot ñ

or

adb reboot download

These are ADB commands. Download "Terminal Emulator" and type in the following command to boot into download mode from within your rom:

su
reboot download

Edit: Added that you must grant "su" for the command to work. Just type it in.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:
Reactions: jcbjoe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you tried

adb reboot boot ñ

or

adb reboot download

These are ADB commands. Download "Terminal Emulator" and type in the following command to boot into download mode from within your rom:

su
    reboot download

Edit: Added that you must grant "su" for the command to work. Just type it in.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4