Unrecoverable bootloader error (0x19000008) after hard reset

Search This thread

Multicoder

Mar 27, 2009
Hey,

first of all: my Acer Iconia A500 is not rootet and I have no custom rom installed. It's all "original" and I don't want to do anything, that kills my warranty.
Yesterday I tried to upload some videos to youtube using "Google Chrome"-browser, but the Tablet crashed when I tried to open the directory where the videos are stored in.
In the top left corner of the screen was written something about a "mounting recovery image" or something like that (I can't remember). After that the tablet restartet but it won't go any further than the "acer"-logo.

I tried a few things I read in the forums but nothing helped:
  • pressed the "reset"-button at the bottom right side with a needel: tablet restartet but hangs again at "acer"-logo
  • pressed the "volume down"- and the "power"-button at the same time an released the power-button when the screen turns on: some writings in the top left corner of the screen (something about erasing cache... I could not read it because it disappeared to fast), then an Android-Symbol with some kind of cube in front ob the belly, then an Android-Symbol lying on the back with a red exclamation mark symbol on top of it.
  • pressed the "volume up"- and the "power"-button at the same time, released the power-button when the screen turns on and switched the lock switch on and off and on and off: top left corner of the screen says "Erasing Userdata... Unrecoverable bootloader error (0x19000008).

Now I really need some help... what can I do to make my tablet work again?

Thanks in advance :)

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator

Go Here;

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1816560

Take a look for the ICS UPDATE files for the a500. Might be 3 or 4 of them.

Download them to your PC. DO NOT EXTRACT
You may or may not need to decrypt them first. Should be a Decrypt tool on the same thread.

After decrypt, open the rom.zip with 7zip (or similar zip program) Again, DO NOT EXTRACT. Just pull the update.zip out of it. Copy it to your ext sd card.

Holding Vol+ and PWR, boot the tab and remain holding untill you see the install start.

Now, you may have to try more than 1 of those update roms. But one of them should work.

Should get you going. If not,. your bootloader partition may be hosed and need acer repair.

Oh, and you will more than likely lose most of your data, so don't be surprised if some fotos and such are missing.

MD

papafrank

Aug 24, 2012
I have the same problem as TS.
Trying to solve this but i can't find a decrypter.
You say it in the same thread some where, but it reads "coming soon"
Please help

papafrank

Aug 24, 2012
Thanks.

Sadly it doesn't work for me.
Nr 4 the one that doesn't have to be uncrypted seems a bit to work.
My tablet starts up with the acer logo and then i see flashing "ANDROID" for 18 seconds then 2 seconds blank screen then the flashing android again.
This goes on and on, i have let it go for about 2 hours but nothing changes.

Anyone any idea?

help please

JdgM3NT4L

Dec 30, 2009
Thanks.

My tablet starts up with the acer logo and then i see flashing "ANDROID" for 18 seconds then 2 seconds blank screen then the flashing android again.

Anyone any idea?

help please

This is what I would do if that was happening on my tablet.

First. I would get Blackthund3rs APX tool. Then I'd run it and follow the directions. Basically it goes something like this. Starting at the first screen of the APX Tool. Browse Bundles. Type in number 17 after getting the bundle list from the bundle market. Set it to be staged for flash. Enter your SBK. Use whichever BCT that you want. Enter APX manually, follow the onscreen prompts. and when you get to the end it will tell you to restart your tablet. But first... This next part is really important if you are on a stock rom. Reboot, but do so with the volume rocker pushed for entering CWM. ( The one on the left in landscape.) If you don't the rom will wipe the recovery that you just installed during the boot process and then you'll get to start all over. Once you get into CWM goto the wipe menu and do them all except the battery stats.

From there you can...
Reboot and see if the rom starts. (I'll bet that it will.)
Or you can flash any custom rom that you want/have, (put it on your sd card before you start.)
Or. If you want to go back to stock you could grab a 3.2 stock rom from the link posted above and install that. It will remove the custom bootloader and CWM. You will be totally factory stock after that.

Good luck.

Reactions: papafrank

papafrank

Aug 24, 2012
Wow wait a moment.
I am a complete noob with this.
I don't know the you use and as you may have noticed; you're language is not mine language :confused:

Stock rom means the original rom ?
Going to search for the APX tool (whatever that means) and take a look.
Thanks sofar.

<edit> SBK is Secure Boot Key. How do I get this key</edit>

Last edited:

JdgM3NT4L

Dec 30, 2009
Wow wait a moment.
I don't know the you use and as you may have noticed; you're language is not mine language :confused:

Thanks sofar.

This thread by dibb_nz will have all that you need. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1751978. I am sorry that I was so long to respond. Please be patient and read carefully. She has links to every thing that you will need to do there.

Good Luck.

Reactions: papafrank

papafrank

Aug 24, 2012
I give up, nothing seems to work.
Think i contact acer and send it to them for a repair.
Too bad cost me another lot of money

Anyway Thanks for your support, i learned a lot. :good:

dibb_nz

Sep 23, 2010
Shake City
I give up, nothing seems to work.
Think i contact acer and send it to them for a repair.
Too bad cost me another lot of money

Anyway Thanks for your support, i learned a lot. :good:

U will need either "civato's manual nvFlash" or an "EUU" based rollback (timmyDeans V4) to repair the bootloader - once that's fixed u can flash a stock rom to get back to factory original. Links and guides in the cpuid thread - if u need further help, ask away;) I know it can be really frustrating and the no.1 cause is always 'drivers', once u can get them installed AND adb running correctly then you're halfway home!! One thing I've learned with the Acer is everything is built upon u following the guides in a strictly orderly fashion, try to skip a step or not complete the preceding step correctly will always result in failure BUT the error will not show up straight away - u might get 3 or 4 steps further along b4 error'ing out...which is why its so darn difficult to troubleshoot....the only thing these tools cannot fix is a hardware issue..if this is the case then it will need to be sent to Acer for repairs....good luck;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Multicoder

Mar 27, 2009
Last week I sent mine to Acer and yesterday I got it back. Working. :)

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2

papafrank

Aug 24, 2012
Contacted acer, told about the problem.
The send me a mail with an UPS ticket and phone number.
Next morning UPS pickup the package and in one week a had my acer back.
Perfect. All for free

Kompliments to acer

dibb_nz

Sep 23, 2010
Shake City
Last week I sent mine to Acer and yesterday I got it back. Working. :)

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2

Contacted acer, told about the problem.
The send me a mail with an UPS ticket and phone number.
Next morning UPS pickup the package and in one week a had my acer back.
Perfect. All for free

Kompliments to acer

Awesome news you 2!! And yes kudos to acer for coming to the party

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

montolla

Feb 29, 2012
Medellin
Hello to everybody

I was delete all partion on my /dev/mmcblk0 and create a partition with out format.
Now my table a200 do not boot well, just says unrecoverable bootloader error 0x000000000004

how can I fix it?
how can I get acces to the emmc flash drive and reparticioning it?

Thanks

vivispix

Jan 7, 2014
Acer A500 and believing in xda . . . right or wrong?

My past forum posts say it all with exception of this: (in essence: purchased new stock A500 16GB, forgot pattern, locked up during OTA two days before expiration of warranty Sept 2012 used xda developers suggestions for reset (update.zip) and today have nothing but:

Erasing Userdata... (in white on black screen)
Unrecoverable bootloader error (0x19000008) (red on black screen)

During my time trusting xda developers, I've encountered the full spectrum of online personas - both ends of the rainbow people. Regarding software, I found some interesting things in one of the (opened in "read only") "update.zip" files while just looking through the metadata and other files (I could open in notepad read only) hoping to find some useable reference and indeed found them tampered with. Not sure how you can police everything people post for our "help" but now wonder what my options are.

Not that xda could have forseen Acer rescinding the files, I missed the window of the Acer A500 stock rom last year and any reference now is either very old (2011), 404 - not found, or link to sites which install devious 3rd party software. I take precautionary measures hopefully relieving myself of risk but I'm not a tech. My tablet was not rooted nor altered in any way, just locked. I was able to download all my files with Mobogenie because obviously my keypresses were incorrect and all the information was retained on the tablet until last night. Last week, trying to reinstall a new version of the update.zip that didn't have the words "stupid user" and other code with null directives or whatever it's called in "code" lingo, in the binary file (opened in read only), and also before the wipe found a bootloader installed and how to explain is just too much. Is there a validated, quality reference one can use from xda developers that isn't compromised? Which someone with less than an Associate Degree and older than 15 can follow at this point?

I will donate out of my paltry SS income of 600 a month to whomever can lead me, step by step, to recover my A500 or find at this point it necessary to move on. :fingers-crossed:

Hey,

first of all: my Acer Iconia A500 is not rootet and I have no custom rom installed. It's all "original" and I don't want to do anything, that kills my warranty.
Yesterday I tried to upload some videos to youtube using "Google Chrome"-browser, but the Tablet crashed when I tried to open the directory where the videos are stored in.
In the top left corner of the screen was written something about a "mounting recovery image" or something like that (I can't remember). After that the tablet restartet but it won't go any further than the "acer"-logo.

I tried a few things I read in the forums but nothing helped:
  • pressed the "reset"-button at the bottom right side with a needel: tablet restartet but hangs again at "acer"-logo
  • pressed the "volume down"- and the "power"-button at the same time an released the power-button when the screen turns on: some writings in the top left corner of the screen (something about erasing cache... I could not read it because it disappeared to fast), then an Android-Symbol with some kind of cube in front ob the belly, then an Android-Symbol lying on the back with a red exclamation mark symbol on top of it.
  • pressed the "volume up"- and the "power"-button at the same time, released the power-button when the screen turns on and switched the lock switch on and off and on and off: top left corner of the screen says "Erasing Userdata... Unrecoverable bootloader error (0x19000008).

dibb_nz

Sep 23, 2010
Shake City
My past forum posts say it all with exception of this: (in essence: purchased new stock A500 16GB, forgot pattern, locked up during OTA two days before expiration of warranty Sept 2012 used xda developers suggestions for reset (update.zip) and today have nothing but:

Erasing Userdata... (in white on black screen)
Unrecoverable bootloader error (0x19000008) (red on black screen)

During my time trusting xda developers, I've encountered the full spectrum of online personas - both ends of the rainbow people. Regarding software, I found some interesting things in one of the (opened in "read only") "update.zip" files while just looking through the metadata and other files (I could open in notepad read only) hoping to find some useable reference and indeed found them tampered with. Not sure how you can police everything people post for our "help" but now wonder what my options are.

Not that xda could have forseen Acer rescinding the files, I missed the window of the Acer A500 stock rom last year and any reference now is either very old (2011), 404 - not found, or link to sites which install devious 3rd party software. I take precautionary measures hopefully relieving myself of risk but I'm not a tech. My tablet was not rooted nor altered in any way, just locked. I was able to download all my files with Mobogenie because obviously my keypresses were incorrect and all the information was retained on the tablet until last night. Last week, trying to reinstall a new version of the update.zip that didn't have the words "stupid user" and other code with null directives or whatever it's called in "code" lingo, in the binary file (opened in read only), and also before the wipe found a bootloader installed and how to explain is just too much. Is there a validated, quality reference one can use from xda developers that isn't compromised? Which someone with less than an Associate Degree and older than 15 can follow at this point?

I will donate out of my paltry SS income of 600 a month to whomever can lead me, step by step, to recover my A500 or find at this point it necessary to move on. :fingers-crossed:

How bizarre, never encountered files like that here b4?? There's a root guide in my Sig you're gonna need to look at. All files there have been d/l'ed multiple times with never a complaint, so far!!

First off, an update.zip is of no use.
You need an nvFlash-based tool. Either a EUU like tdv4 or the infamous babsector.rar file.

2nd, you are gonna need yr cpuid. See cpuid guide in my Sig. Until you can retrieve it you're stuck with a brick.

Have a read thru those 2 guides. You'll have questions after that so just post back here:)

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Mar 20, 2014
Same issue, different divice

I've been looking for the solution to this very same problem, however, I have an Acer Iconia tab A200. After going through XDA I found that there is 0 on my device. Does anyone know of an outside source?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Go Here;

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1816560

Take a look for the ICS UPDATE files for the a500. Might be 3 or 4 of them.

Download them to your PC. DO NOT EXTRACT
    You may or may not need to decrypt them first. Should be a Decrypt tool on the same thread.

After decrypt, open the rom.zip with 7zip (or similar zip program) Again, DO NOT EXTRACT. Just pull the update.zip out of it. Copy it to your ext sd card.

Holding Vol+ and PWR, boot the tab and remain holding untill you see the install start.

Now, you may have to try more than 1 of those update roms. But one of them should work.

Should get you going. If not,. your bootloader partition may be hosed and need acer repair.

Oh, and you will more than likely lose most of your data, so don't be surprised if some fotos and such are missing.

MD
    Acer Decrypter

Here is the Decrypter tool.

Unzip the contents to a folder. Select your rom.zip

Decrypt it. New file will have the word "decrypted" in the file name.

Takes a couple of minutes.

MD
    Thanks.

Anyone any idea?

help please

This is what I would do if that was happening on my tablet.

First. I would get Blackthund3rs APX tool. Then I'd run it and follow the directions. Basically it goes something like this. Starting at the first screen of the APX Tool. Browse Bundles. Type in number 17 after getting the bundle list from the bundle market. Set it to be staged for flash. Enter your SBK. Use whichever BCT that you want. Enter APX manually, follow the onscreen prompts. and when you get to the end it will tell you to restart your tablet. But first... This next part is really important if you are on a stock rom. Reboot, but do so with the volume rocker pushed for entering CWM. ( The one on the left in landscape.) If you don't the rom will wipe the recovery that you just installed during the boot process and then you'll get to start all over. Once you get into CWM goto the wipe menu and do them all except the battery stats.

From there you can...
    Reboot and see if the rom starts. (I'll bet that it will.)
    Or you can flash any custom rom that you want/have, (put it on your sd card before you start.)
    Or. If you want to go back to stock you could grab a 3.2 stock rom from the link posted above and install that. It will remove the custom bootloader and CWM. You will be totally factory stock after that.

Good luck.
    Wow wait a moment.

Thanks sofar.

This thread by dibb_nz will have all that you need. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1751978. I am sorry that I was so long to respond. Please be patient and read carefully. She has links to every thing that you will need to do there.

Good Luck.
    for Unrecoverable bootloader error (0x19000008).
    use this solution https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIlaWqRYYJw ive tried it and it works ..just need patience...