[Q] NC4 Root Progress?

Search This thread

CarsonDaly516m4

May 19, 2014
I own a SM-N900V on NC4 and I've read that a root method for NC4 does not exist yet. Is there a place where progress is given/notified on when this will be completed?

Reactions: AranelAlasse

art90262

Aug 12, 2008
Please allow me to rephrase the question....is root for nc4 for us who took the ota update without ever being rooted ever going to be available given the fact that most users already have a rooted device before being on nc4? Is *anyone* even working on it at all? or should we just give up all hope and not even bother given the fact that it is only a handful of us w/o root on nc4 that for whatever reason we took the plunge knowing the consequences of possibly not having root for a while if ever at all?

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app

fletch33

Jan 9, 2010
it may be never is the rumor but you never know.

for example the bounty for root for the S5 is currently at around $15,000 and no takers so that speaks to the depth of the situation.

Reactions: NeoMagus

AranelAlasse

Jan 23, 2013
Thanks for this thread! I'm also hoping for a root for NC4 some day... I just ordered a Note 3 (should come in the mail today), but I think it'll have NC4 on it. I didn't research enough, first, to be sure I was getting a phone that could be rooted. :(

fletch33

Jan 9, 2010
bounty has reached almost $18,000 just for root so you can be assured its getting worked on but also how hard it must be for such a bounty to exist.

here is the bounty thread if you want to add to the money pile :)

AranelAlasse

Jan 23, 2013
bounty has reached almost $18,000 just for root so you can be assured its getting worked on but also how hard it must be for such a bounty to exist.

here is the bounty thread if you want to add to the money pile :)

That appears to be a bounty for the S5 root... Is there an official bounty for the Note 3 NC4 root?

Are are the two very closely related? (as in, if there was a root method for the S5, then could we expect a root method for the Note 3 to quickly follow? If so, then maybe a bounty for the Note 3 wouldn't be necessary)

fletch33

Jan 9, 2010
That appears to be a bounty for the S5 root... Is there an official bounty for the Note 3 NC4 root?

Are are the two very closely related? (as in, if there was a root method for the S5, then could we expect a root method for the Note 3 to quickly follow? If so, then maybe a bounty for the Note 3 wouldn't be necessary)

99% if it works on S5 then that discover exploit would work on N3

art90262

Aug 12, 2008
And hopefully we would benefit from that leak onto the sgn3.....

christiansfreeman

Oct 8, 2012
wheres the genius ? figure it out

come on man I know theres someone that can figure out for us
why cant we do what ppl did on i337 kit kat downgraded to 4.3 while keeping the 4.4 bootloader then rooted and upgraded back to 4.4 to get all network connectivity working
cant someone create a similar downgrade process ? so I dont have the paperweight un rooted phone !

And hopefully we would benefit from that leak onto the sgn3.....

Reactions: bodhisattvah

drtbkerm

Mar 9, 2014
Not sure if you all heard head but geohot released towel root 1 click root method for gs5 that works on the gn3 as well!!

Posted from my beast of a VZW Note 3!!

Top Liked Posts