[Q] [STOCK] Debrand P6

Search This thread

_humi_

Dec 26, 2012
Hi guys

i got a P6 with a chinese stock ROM on it

when the device boots - some "3G WO" logo pops up with a chinese voice saying something :D

Model: HUAWEI P6-U06

Android Version: 4.4.2

EmotionUI: 2.0

Baseband: IMC1202_PENTA

and under "system update" there is this version: P6-U06V100R001C17B507SP01

i googled alot and read alot here but i dont understand if/how i can get rid of the Chinese ROM, and install a international (EU?) one

There is alot of bloatware in chinese language and the Playstore isn´t working :/

raolleel

Nov 19, 2008
Wuppertal
Hi guys

when the device boots - some "3G WO" logo pops up with a chinese voice saying something :D

i googled alot and read alot here but i dont understand if/how i can get rid of the Chinese ROM, and install a international (EU?) one

There is alot of bloatware in chinese language and the Playstore isn´t working :/

I would try to flash a international-rom with the 3-buttutton methode, in my opinion it should work.

Reactions: _humi_

_humi_

Dec 26, 2012
can i directly flash this one without doing other modifications? :confused:

recovery --> flash --> wipe ------> profit?

huawei news. com/2014/06/ascend-p6-b510-official/

this huawei thingy is confusing me :D and i dont want to break it

Ottomaani0

Feb 22, 2011
Nousiainen

I'm not sure you can install B510 directly. First you must install B132 (http://huaweinews.com/2014/03/ascend-p6-b132-firmware/)

Download firmware -> Extract -> Put UPDATE.APP in dload folder on SD card -> Turn off device -> Reboot holding all three buttons and the update should start.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong :)

_humi_

Dec 26, 2012
i tried both, but i´m getting a nice "FAIL" ASCII-Art instead of the ROM :D

Checking Module CURVER ... OK
Checking Module VERLIST ...
Huawei SD card update fail

i also tried to flash from internal memory - same result :/

someone has in idea?

OT:

on my P6 "backplate" there isn´t the "CE 0197..." (like this one --> aivanet .com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/huawei-ascend-p6-161.jpg )

but only some chinese letters (i made a [bad] pic with my sgs2 ^^ --> i60.tinypic .com/iok7jr.jpg )
i dont believe its a fake one, its build- and LCD-quality seems too good to be a fake...

is it some strange Carrier-Modded-Version??

Last edited:

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris

someone has in idea?

OT:

on my P6 "backplate" there isn´t the "CE 0197..." (like this one --> aivanet .com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/huawei-ascend-p6-161.jpg )

but only some chinese letters (i made a [bad] pic with my sgs2 ^^ --> i60.tinypic .com/iok7jr.jpg )
i dont believe its a fake one, its build- and LCD-quality seems too good to be a fake...

If your device was on KitKat B507 , you cannot downgrade directly to JB B125 . You must apply an intermediate step here ( you must flash a small UPDATE.APP) in order to be able to flash again Android JB by /dload/UPDATE.APP method!

Please search for "how to downgrade" here on P6 XDA - I do not remember exactly where is the answer, but surely you will find .

_humi_

Dec 26, 2012
it worked!

:)

"middle step" -> B132 -> B510

thank you guys :)

Google services are now working perfectly and the chinese apps are gone :)

one last question, can i get rid of the bootlogo? :D

see here --> oi62.tinypic .com/1ze81zc.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys

I would try to flash a international-rom with the 3-buttutton methode, in my opinion it should work.

I'm not sure you can install B510 directly. First you must install B132 (http://huaweinews.com/2014/03/ascend-p6-b132-firmware/)

Download firmware -> Extract -> Put UPDATE.APP in dload folder on SD card -> Turn off device -> Reboot holding all three buttons and the update should start.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong :)

someone has in idea?

OT:

If your device was on KitKat B507 , you cannot downgrade directly to JB B125 . You must apply an intermediate step here ( you must flash a small UPDATE.APP) in order to be able to flash again Android JB by /dload/UPDATE.APP method!

Please search for "how to downgrade" here on P6 XDA - I do not remember exactly where is the answer, but surely you will find .
    Sorry, forgot about that "middle-step" for downgrading! Check this post by Alex_79 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53200192