[Q] sk17i About firmware update ,rooting and more

Search This thread
Feb 18, 2012
Hi have new sony ericsson experia mini pro sk17i and i have a option showing that there is a firmware update .58 and .62 available...

i want to root my phone.. should i update 1st before rooting ?coz i checked the website what's new in update .. alot of options are available like 16x video zoom,3d panorma etc etc

but if update is there root available for .62 firmware?

i'm a complete noob guys.. there r many ways to root this

1.can u tell me which is the best way to root my phone and upgrade my android version? just gimme link and rest i'll figure it on my own ..u guys are expirienced so u know better that which method is easy n best

2. which is the best rom for sk17i

3. how can i improve its sound? like one in walkman phones ?

4. whenever i close camera a click noise appears .. any solution for this ..is this dangerous?

thanks in adnvance guys

whalesplaho

Feb 1, 2012
Treasure Island
update to ver .58... dat one can be root but dont know whether .62 can be rooted!!!

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Follow this video tutorial to install ADB/USB Drivers for your device

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IEdJZGQVI4

Step 1 ] Unlock Boot Loader

Step 2 ] Root Your Device (Only when you want to root your stock firmware,if you go with custom ROM then they are usually pre rooted)

Step 3 ] Flash custom Kernel And ROM

All credits to Neroyoung...

Reactions: sony ericssons

piotrasss87

Jan 14, 2012
if you are rooted,and your system is not moded any ways just update to 062 via AIR and your root will stay,then you can mod system files and apks as you like.

Feb 18, 2012
update to ver .58... dat one can be root but dont know whether .62 can be rooted!!!

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Step 2 ] Root Your Device (Only when you want to root your stock firmware,if you go with custom ROM then they are usually pre rooted)

k thanks alot mate... +1
can u tell me what r d advantages of bootloader unlocking? coz in doomlord's tutorial it is mentioned that phone bootloader unlocked will can also b rooted :)

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2012
if you are rooted,and your system is not moded any ways just update to 062 via AIR and your root will stay,then you can mod system files and apks as you like.

ohhh really? means i can root my phone now and update to .62 later right? in that case u're a lifesaver .. thnx for the advice man,.. :D

what do u mean by your system is not moded in any other way? sry for noobness but r u refering to custom rom ? or bootloader unlocking?

Feb 18, 2012
Thumbs up for d big help

When yur bootloader is unlock, yu ll be able to use Custom Roms & Kernels.....

using custom roms & kernels enhance yur mobile!:)

everything understood :D thnx a lot mate.. u're lifesaver...

i decide to go through your steps execpt that i won't flash my rom... coz if i'll modify my rom i won't b able to upgrade my firmware to .62 via ota :D yes now i can start reading your given links to the tutorials ..thnx mate :):D

Reactions: whalesplaho

whalesplaho

Feb 1, 2012
Treasure Island

i decide to go through your steps execpt that i won't flash my rom... coz if i'll modify my rom i won't b able to upgrade my firmware to .62 via ota :D yes now i can start reading your given links to the tutorials ..thnx mate :):D

Truth brov... if yu should unlock yur bootloader, yu cant do OTA & if yu try it, yu ll brick yur phone!!!

Tha choice is yurs Brov.... Waiting for Official Android 4.0 [ICS]!!!:)

martinvandebroek

Jan 30, 2012
jakarta
not only rooting buddy..... yur phone ll be brick!

yu ll need to flash it with Wotanserver or FlashTool.

can you share update center.apk?i have delete it on fw.58 stock rom,and now i want try update to .62?but this method make me confuse about the root status,did it make my phone be unroot?im still on stock rom and no unlock my bootloader,thanks before and sory for my english..

cheers!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

k thanks alot mate... +1
    can u tell me what r d advantages of bootloader unlocking? coz in doomlord's tutorial it is mentioned that phone bootloader unlocked will can also b rooted :)

Thumbs up for d big help

Truth brov... if yu should unlock yur bootloader, yu cant do OTA & if yu try it, yu ll brick yur phone!!!

Tha choice is yurs Brov.... Waiting for Official Android 4.0 [ICS]!!!:)