[24-09-09]2D/3D Driver Development for MSM720X devices (need new projectmanager)

Search This thread

NeoS

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jan 27, 2008
Somewhere in NL
===================================================
Developing a graphics driver for Windows Mobile Wiki
Now, the goal of this thread is to unite the different driver threads on different device forums. I've seen alot of good stuff going on but the info is too spreaded.

So, here's a list of threads discussing / devving a driver or performance:

====================================================
Testing Team
Let's get these MSM devices performing the way they should! What we need is people who know about OpenGL ES and the Windows Mobile OS, and willing to contribute in development. We're currently testing the Twin's Libgles_cm.dll combined with OpenVG and Ati drivers. With that, there's also Windows Mobile 7 coming, with probably updated drivers and core. All these factors need to be taken in account, and that's what we're currently researching.
OpenVG
This new 2D hardware driver development started by Khronos for mobile devices in 2008. Currently, we've managed to get a few files from the Quartz which seem to enable the openVG capabilities in the Xperia, and the Diamond seems affected by it. It seems heavily dependable on DDI so it may or may not work with your device.

UPDATED 24-09-09 - NeoS2007 Driver pack 3:
Installation: Disable Manila or Titanium before installing the cabfile. It's to make sure there are no files in use when copying the files. If you have an older version of the driverpack installed, best thing to do is a hard-reset. I know, it sucks. But believe me, it's best for your device.
Reported working devices so far: HTC Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Touch HD, Touch Pro 2, Touch Diamond 2 and Sony Ericsson X1.

Test OpenGL (now with different resolutions!): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=511363

Attachments

• NeoS2007_Driverpack_Beta_2.cab
    1 MB · Views: 6,608
  • NeoS2007_Driverpack_Beta_2a.cab
    1 MB · Views: 9,240
  • NeoS2007_Driverpack_3.cab
    1 MB · Views: 33,120
Last edited:
Reactions: zomer331

mbarvian

Mar 13, 2008
great!

i was hoping they would bring these projects back. Maybe someday my kaiser can enjoy true TouchFLO 3D :)

thanks and good luck to the team ;)

NeoS

Jan 27, 2008
Somewhere in NL
great!

i was hoping they would bring these projects back. Maybe someday my kaiser can enjoy true TouchFLO 3D :)

thanks and good luck to the team ;)

There is no team... Yet. This thread is also a cry for help. I can't do this myself and i'm no programmer. I did however read up on alot of info about OpenGL ES and the Windows Mobile drivers. AFAIK, the current drivers lack calls, and the hacked driver from htcclassaction.org has a bug which keeps the screen on when 3D is used. (It's a dirty hack to keep the screen alive, because in the Polaris 3D project, the screen wouldn't come back on when the device went into sleep)
If that bug can be resolved, at least the Kaiser and Polaris users can run Manila3D.

HRQ.SLV

Apr 11, 2008
Vila do Conde
It's great to see that the development of the MSM720X devices hasn't been abandoned!

I wish you (and other developers) the best of luck!

NeoS

Jan 27, 2008
Somewhere in NL
It's great to see that the development of the MSM720X devices hasn't been abandoned!

I wish you (and other developers) the best of luck!

It nearly is abandoned, that's why I started this thread. I'm hoping more people will aid me in this quest to get a decent driver for our MSM720X devices.

NeoS

Jan 27, 2008
Somewhere in NL
By the way, the new ROM by Laurentius26 for HD gives nice results in GLbenchmark. If you have an HD, give it a try. :)

mbarvian

Mar 13, 2008
ah, this thread was lost too :(

Neo, could you please post the OpenVG files and registry again and I can repost a .cab :)

bronx

Oct 18, 2006
ummm... ok, but can You tell us what this cab exactly does and is there any real gain in any speed/ functionality from it? sorry to sound silly, but I couldn't spot much info about it.

thanks

bro

mbarvian

Mar 13, 2008
ummm... ok, but can You tell us what this cab exactly does and is there any real gain in any speed/ functionality from it? sorry to sound silly, but I couldn't spot much info about it.

thanks

bro

that's because this thread was restored from yesterday's backup after the site crashed, and a lot of posts were lost

mbarvian

Mar 13, 2008
Last edited:

NeoS

Jan 27, 2008
Somewhere in NL
Thank you mbarvian. I've edited the threadtitle and added your file to the first post.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Developing a graphics driver for Windows Mobile Wiki
    Now, the goal of this thread is to unite the different driver threads on different device forums. I've seen alot of good stuff going on but the info is too spreaded.

So, here's a list of threads discussing / devving a driver or performance:

Testing Team
    Let's get these MSM devices performing the way they should! What we need is people who know about OpenGL ES and the Windows Mobile OS, and willing to contribute in development. We're currently testing the Twin's Libgles_cm.dll combined with OpenVG and Ati drivers. With that, there's also Windows Mobile 7 coming, with probably updated drivers and core. All these factors need to be taken in account, and that's what we're currently researching.
    OpenVG
    This new 2D hardware driver development started by Khronos for mobile devices in 2008. Currently, we've managed to get a few files from the Quartz which seem to enable the openVG capabilities in the Xperia, and the Diamond seems affected by it. It seems heavily dependable on DDI so it may or may not work with your device.

UPDATED 24-09-09 - NeoS2007 Driver pack 3:
    Installation: Disable Manila or Titanium before installing the cabfile. It's to make sure there are no files in use when copying the files. If you have an older version of the driverpack installed, best thing to do is a hard-reset. I know, it sucks. But believe me, it's best for your device.
    Reported working devices so far: HTC Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Touch HD, Touch Pro 2, Touch Diamond 2 and Sony Ericsson X1.

Test OpenGL (now with different resolutions!): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=511363
    goodthings2life cleanup includes at0mgs driver, if i install neo's will it be bad to have 2 drivers? i cannot uninstall the one i have unless i uninstall the entire cleanup and i dont want to do that.
    by the way how much better is neo's? I mean lights.exe is working without any noticeable lag at all.:)