Google Music alternative

Search This thread

wicked1683

Jun 12, 2012
I would like to store my music on cloud to save space as I only have a 16GB Nexus 5. Google Music upload service is not yet available in my country

Could someone please recommend an alternative app that's free like Google Music upload service?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

wicked1683

Jun 12, 2012
But after 30 days, it's not free? I heard you will pay every 30days?

wideasleep1

Jun 2, 2006
But after 30 days, it's not free? I heard you will pay every 30days?

The server is free. Premium services are either monthly or annual, take your pick. Third-party apps are either free or cost a few bucks to..you guessed it,..support the devs that give you support back. Kinda like the way Android works.

wicked1683

Jun 12, 2012
This is what the written in their latest app

*Welcome to Subsonic

After a 30-day free trial period you must upgrade to Subsonic Premium to continue using this app. Enjoy these extra features after upgrading:

So we are forced to pay after 30days.. Hmmm i think that's ok if they have cloud service, but we are using our own machine, why make us pay every month..

wideasleep1

Jun 2, 2006

*Welcome to Subsonic

After a 30-day free trial period you must upgrade to Subsonic Premium to continue using this app. Enjoy these extra features after upgrading:

So we are forced to pay after 30days.. Hmmm i think that's ok if they have cloud service, but we are using our own machine, why make us pay every month..

http://www.subsonic.org/pages/premium.jsp

"The basic version of Subsonic is free. When you first install Subsonic, the premium features are available for 30 days so you can try them out before deciding to upgrade."

Reactions: wicked1683

wicked1683

Jun 12, 2012
Wow, thanks for the info.. Ok this is what i need, thanks :)

By the way, i also heard something about "mspot",. But its not in google play anymore?

wideasleep1

Jun 2, 2006
Wow, thanks for the info.. Ok this is what i need, thanks :)

By the way, i also heard something about "mspot",. But its not in google play anymore?

All I could find was MSpot Radio:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mspot.android.music.mspotradiosprint&hl=en

There is a freebie server and app called Qloud, I found it worked okay, but no where near the level of development of Subsonic and it's sharing/control, etc.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.qiss.vega.ad&hl=en

wicked1683

Jun 12, 2012
Mate, subsonic requires you to pay after 30days fir the mobile app to keep working with your server

Anyways, i found an alternative, ES File Explorer app. Its a file explorer app but it also lets you setup a cloud account. And you can play music using its built in music player

Downside is its music player lack some feature. But its better than nothing and it works like a charm and best if all its absolutely free!

Reactions: galaxys

Cinner

Nov 26, 2005
Google Music can be setup in any country, I did it before it was available in my country officially. Just search on Google and you will find out how to do it.

wideasleep1

Jun 2, 2006
Mate, subsonic requires you to pay after 30days fir the mobile app to keep working with your server

Anyways, i found an alternative, ES File Explorer app. Its a file explorer app but it also lets you setup a cloud account. And you can play music using its built in music player

Downside is its music player lack some feature. But its better than nothing and it works like a charm and best if all its absolutely free!

ES File Explorer can't even compare. Give Sub a go for 30 days...12 buck annually is a bargain for what it gives you...granted I'm serving 600 gigs of music.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Spotify

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Spotify is great. Im a premium member myself. Notva suitable alternative for those who want to upload their own collection to the cloud to listen to.

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit

wicked1683

Jun 12, 2012
Google music offers 2 services.

1) purchase music online
2) upload your music collection to the cloud

I think Amazon only does 1? But op wants 2..

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit

You're absolutely correct mate. all in all, I only have 20GB of music that I want to access anytime. My Box cloud account has 50GB of free storage, that's more than enough.

And unlike subsonic, I dont need to turn on my own computer just to access it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

*Welcome to Subsonic

http://www.subsonic.org/pages/premium.jsp

"The basic version of Subsonic is free. When you first install Subsonic, the premium features are available for 30 days so you can try them out before deciding to upgrade."