[MOD][XPOSED][4.2+] XLockSecuritySlide: Lockscreen: Slide + security

Search This thread

kleest

Jun 11, 2013
OnePlus 6
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Samsung Stock (TouchWiz) users, you might want to check out http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2404036.
As far as I see @MohammadAG implemented the same for TouchWiz Roms. If this works for you in the way you want it to, it's not needed to invent the wheel twice ;)

This module is **** with many bugs.i I could not unlock my Huawei G700 and i had to do factory reset with boot...
In the OP I state, that my module can cause problems with stock ROMs. Don't blame me, if you ignored the warning. Instead of factory resetting your phone, you could have just disabled Xposed via the Xposed disabler (see attachment in http://xdaforums.com/xposed/framework-xposed-rom-modding-modifying-t1574401). I've updated the OP with this information.

Reactions: papaver

user44

Mar 20, 2014
i know this is only available for 4.2 and up, but is there a way to make it work on 4.1.2

kleest

Jun 11, 2013
OnePlus 6
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
i know this is only available for 4.2 and up, but is there a way to make it work on 4.1.2
Of course there is. The module has to be adjusted to work with the different lockscreen source code in 4.1- since it has been heavily modified in Android 4.2+. As I am only using versions greater than 4.1 I haven't spent time for getting it work with 4.1-. That's because the mod had been a personal project originally but later on I've thought it might be helpful for other ppl too, so I've released it.
I won't promise anything, maybe I will have a look at 4.1 and/or other things but not now and not in the near future. Please don't expect anything.
I encourage other to have a look if you like, pull requests to the github repository are welcome! :)

keepitcustom

Dec 20, 2012
I love this feature and it has worked for me on CM11 on my old device but unfortunately does not work on my new OnePlus One with CM11S. Any chance you could look into this? Thanks.

kleest

Jun 11, 2013
OnePlus 6
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
I love this feature and it has worked for me on CM11 on my old device but unfortunately does not work on my new OnePlus One with CM11S. Any chance you could look into this? Thanks.

As far as I know, CM11S of the OnePlus One has an own lockscreen (maybe it can be disabled by the user?), which uses its own code. Therefore it's not compatible. IF the lockscreen's code is made public (I don't know..), I could easily adjust the mod, yes.

keepitcustom

Dec 20, 2012
As far as I know, CM11S of the OnePlus One has an own lockscreen (maybe it can be disabled by the user?), which uses its own code. Therefore it's not compatible. IF the lockscreen's code is made public (I don't know..), I could easily adjust the mod, yes.

Thanks for replying. Yes CM11S has its own lock screen but even when disabled is still doesn't seem to work. Hopefully the code will go public and this can be addressed at some point. Thanks again for looking into it.

Edinho376

Jun 18, 2014
Request / Suggestion

Hi, i have a suggestion for an extension of your module

That´s the following situation:

Let´s suppose you´re messaging someone, and everytime your phone gets locked. For every answer you need to insert pin/password/pattern.
It´s annoying.

Some roms add the option to lock the device after some minutes. ie:5 min; but until then, there isn´t any type of protection in the screen, and who could know what can happen with your phone when it´s in your pocket or something...

So i suggest that until the lock time we could unlock display using slide. Very simply...

I´ve been searching for this but it seems a few people think about real daily convenience, .:p

Me, @tomcat84 and @arana1 have posted in Xposed modules request but no progress.

Sorry about the english, and thanks in advance.

kodochax

Dec 23, 2008
Brooklyn

Let´s suppose you´re messaging someone, and everytime your phone gets locked. For every answer you need to insert pin/password/pattern.
It´s annoying.

Some roms add the option to lock the device after some minutes. ie:5 min; but until then, there isn´t any type of protection in the screen, and who could know what can happen with your phone when it´s in your pocket or something...

So i suggest that until the lock time we could unlock display using slide. Very simply...

I´ve been searching for this but it seems a few people think about real daily convenience, .:p

Me, @tomcat84 and @arana1 have posted in Xposed modules request but no progress.

I've been looking for something like this as well. I delay my pin lock but I'd like slide lock to pop up within 5 seconds of turning off the screen

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

arana1

Oct 27, 2011
Redmi Note 9
timed pin unlock after slide lock

@kodochax
@tomcat84
@Edinho376

You guys might be interested in this

It´s annoying.

I saw a way to do this with tasker but i didn't want to buy it just for this functionality so I figured
how to make this work with a pair of apps i already had, both are free and useful and one of them you probably already have it.
(I have not tested very much but so far so good):

Timed PN Unlock + Slide Unlock
*update* i tested with password unlock (cm11 ) and it also works good, you just have to set the password in both phone settings and llama action

• Xposed with gravity box module
    and
  • llama (location profiles)
    even tho we will not be using location for this (but you can if you want)

Set gravitybox with lockscreen option checked SLIDE BEFORE UNLOCK (I think it does same as the module in this thread so you can try this one if gravitybox is too much or just to see if this works also) this will make you use SLIDE UNLOCK even if you have no pin or password set for unlocking.
9UbODhr.png

set your lockscreen to PIN unlock under your security lock settings of the phone (not in gravitybox or llama) and enable the lock.

Create a new event in llama ,
TimedLockPIN

with following settings

add following conditions:
Screen is OFF
Llama Variable vPINLOCK value is 0
(zero) (please read the important note below about the variable)

(IMPORTANT VARIABLE NOTE, since variables in llama are created in the ACTIONS part, in order for the variable to be created the first time you MUST TEST actions in this event)

Under ADVANCED option in the event settings:
CHECK DELAYED
and set delay time to say 5 minutes, we want this to pin lock the phone after 5 minutes of screen off
CHECK CANCEL DELAYED IF FALSE
tzideGo.png

get out of advanced setings.

under Actions add the following :
Llama Variable vPINLOCK set value to 1 this will tell the other event that phone is already using pin lock.
SPEAK "PIN ENABLED" (no quotes) this one can be removed later I just used for debugging purposes it to see if this was actually working when screen went off.
Llama Unlock Password and set your PIN CODE.
u3I1VzY.png

save this event and create another event
I called this one:
TimedLockSlide
with following settings:

Llama Variable vPINLOCK current value is 1
User is Present
Screen is ON

Llama Unlock Password and set your PIN CODE to NOTHING ,if you have any value there, delete it, just taping ok twice should do it.
Llama Variable vPINLOCK set value to 0 this will tell the other event that phone is already using SLIDE lock.
SPEAK "SLIDE ONLY" (no quotes) this one can be removed later i just used for debugging purposes it to see if this was working when screen was off.
gJ9y8dL.png

Under Advanced settings go to TRIGGER FILTERING and uncheck SCREEN ON/OFF ,
oSlUWPT.png

this will prevent this event from triggering right after the screen goes ON when we hit the power button or slide unlock before we actually pin unlock it.

Test it with 10 or 5 seconds instead of 5 minutes and when you see its working remove the SPEAK parts , they are not needed.
the Speak and Llama notification icon colors you see in some images where just for testing this when screen was off and rigth after unlocking, they are NOT NEEDED (unless you like a chatty phone).

Hope this servers anyone needs. but to be honest it would be MUCH EASIER in an xposed module lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: kodochax

kodochax

Dec 23, 2008
Brooklyn
[MENTION=1436932]snip.

You're a savior thank you I've been trying to get this to work since July :victory:. I also added another event to set secure lock on boot or on restart, I noticed sometime when I reboot it would be on slide. Hopefully this works, would love to see this as a module but in the meantime this will work.

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

@arana1 are you able to pull down the notification panel while having a pin lock? Not sure why but it's happening to me

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ricco88

arana1

Oct 27, 2011
Redmi Note 9

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

@arana1 are you able to pull down the notification panel while having a pin lock? Not sure why but it's happening to me

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I don't know why is default to show our where to change in CM11 but in gravity box is called STATUS BAR LOCK POLICY
VBiZqyT

VBiZqyT
http://imgur.com/VBiZqyT

Last edited:

Edinho376

Jun 18, 2014
@kodochax
@tomcat84
@Edinho376

You guys might be interested in this

I saw a way to do this with tasker but i didn't want to buy it just for this functionality so I figured
how to make this work with a pair of apps i already had, both are free and useful and one of them you probably already have it.
(I have not tested very much but so far so good):

Timed PN Unlock + Slide Unlock
*update* i tested with password unlock (cm11 ) and it also works good, you just have to set the password in both phone settings and llama action

• Xposed with gravity box module
    and
  • llama (location profiles)
    even tho we will not be using location for this (but you can if you want)

Set gravitybox with lockscreen option checked SLIDE BEFORE UNLOCK (I think it does same as the module in this thread so you can try this one if gravitybox is too much or just to see if this works also) this will make you use SLIDE UNLOCK even if you have no pin or password set for unlocking.
9UbODhr.png

set your lockscreen to PIN unlock under your security lock settings of the phone (not in gravitybox or llama) and enable the lock.

Create a new event in llama ,
TimedLockPIN

with following settings

Screen is OFF
Llama Variable vPINLOCK value is 0
(zero) (please read the important note below about the variable)

(IMPORTANT VARIABLE NOTE, since variables in llama are created in the ACTIONS part, in order for the variable to be created the first time you MUST TEST actions in this event)

Under ADVANCED option in the event settings:
CHECK DELAYED
and set delay time to say 5 minutes, we want this to pin lock the phone after 5 minutes of screen off
CHECK CANCEL DELAYED IF FALSE
tzideGo.png

get out of advanced setings.

Llama Variable vPINLOCK set value to 1 this will tell the other event that phone is already using pin lock.
SPEAK "PIN ENABLED" (no quotes) this one can be removed later I just used for debugging purposes it to see if this was actually working when screen went off.
Llama Unlock Password and set your PIN CODE.
u3I1VzY.png

save this event and create another event
I called this one:
TimedLockSlide
with following settings:

Llama Variable vPINLOCK current value is 1
User is Present
Screen is ON

Llama Unlock Password and set your PIN CODE to NOTHING ,if you have any value there, delete it, just taping ok twice should do it.
Llama Variable vPINLOCK set value to 0 this will tell the other event that phone is already using SLIDE lock.
SPEAK "SLIDE ONLY" (no quotes) this one can be removed later i just used for debugging purposes it to see if this was working when screen was off.
gJ9y8dL.png

Under Advanced settings go to TRIGGER FILTERING and uncheck SCREEN ON/OFF ,
oSlUWPT.png

this will prevent this event from triggering right after the screen goes ON when we hit the power button or slide unlock before we actually pin unlock it.

Test it with 10 or 5 seconds instead of 5 minutes and when you see its working remove the SPEAK parts , they are not needed.
the Speak and Llama notification icon colors you see in some images where just for testing this when screen was off and rigth after unlocking, they are NOT NEEDED (unless you like a chatty phone).

Hope this servers anyone needs. but to be honest it would be MUCH EASIER in an xposed module lol.

Wow thanks a lot!

As i use custom roms, gravity box probably would cause issues, but anyway I´ll take a look in this and try as soon as possible. Hope it works!
:fingers-crossed:

rockz1991

Feb 4, 2013
So I restored my stock touch wiz from a nandroid backup on my galxy s4. Istalled xposed> installed xlocksecurityslide. Set the pattern lock. But there is no glare effect when sliding. Slide works fine and the patter unlock shows up. But what happened to glare effect?

It was working fine before i took nandroid backup and installed cyanogen. Later i restored and now its not working. Any ideas?

kleest

Jun 11, 2013
OnePlus 6
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
So I restored my stock touch wiz from a nandroid backup on my galxy s4. Istalled xposed> installed xlocksecurityslide. Set the pattern lock. But there is no glare effect when sliding. Slide works fine and the patter unlock shows up. But what happened to glare effect?

It was working fine before i took nandroid backup and installed cyanogen. Later i restored and now its not working. Any ideas?

Have you cleared cache partition and dalvik cache? Samsung TouchWiz is not supported. Check out the other module especially made for Samsung TW.

is this work with CM11s (OnePlus One)...?
Not yet, but I'm working on it. The problem is the custom lockscreen used in CM11S.

djbenny1

Apr 9, 2011
Have you cleared cache partition and dalvik cache? Samsung TouchWiz is not supported. Check out the other module especially made for Samsung TW.

Not yet, but I'm working on it. The problem is the custom lockscreen used in CM11S.
Any update on compatibility with oneplus one?

I'm desperate for this feature as I had it on my one m7 :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi xda-community,

I would like to share my first (and extremly simple ;)) Xposed module with you.
    This module allows you to slide before you have to draw/type in your security pattern/pin/whatever. It is particularly useful if you use CyanogenMod (or other ROMs, that allow App shortcuts in lockscreens) and want to use both shortcuts AND a security pattern/pin/whatever. It works similiar to HTC's Sense UI (3.x).

ROMs modified by manufacturers are known to have issues with this module (see below).

Code:
    You install and use this module at your own risk!
    I am not responsible for any damage it might cause to your beloved device!

Please note, that there is a sad bug present by using App shortcuts (in CM etc.) in lockscreen, which decreases the usability: You have to "unlock" your device with your pattern/pin/whatever twice. If you just unlock you don't have to do it twice. Therefore I rate this module as alpha. I would be very happy if someone has a solution to this problem :).

Supported ROMs
    TESTED and CONFIRMED WORKING:
    AOSP:
    - 4.3 (JellyBean)
    - 4.4 (KitKat)

AOSP based:
    - CM 10.2 (JellyBean 4.3)

Stock/OEM ROMs:
    - Asus: 4.2 (JellyBean)
    - Sony Xperia: 4.2 (JellyBean) - 4.4 (KitKat)

Should work on:
    - 4.2+ (JellyBean) (lockscreen has been overhauled in 4.2, therefore no <= 4.1)
    - 4.4 (KitKat)
    - all AOSP based ROMs (CM, AOKP, Para, etc.) with Android 4.2+

Unsupported/problematic ROMs
    ROMs modified by manufacturers are known to have issues with this module:
    Samsung (TouchWiz):
    - 4.2/4.3: simply does not work
    - 4.4: has less issues, see http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51980630&postcount=52

Credits
    @rovo89 Your framework is amazing!

Known bugs
    - Using app shortcuts causes you to "unlock" your device twice (see above)
    - App shortcut to browser does not work (needs confirmation..)

How to use
    1. Install Xposed framework as described here
    2. Download and install XLockSecuritySlide via Xposed Installer (or see below)
    3. Enable XLockSecuritySlide in Xposed Installer
    4. Reboot and enjoy!

HELP ME!
    If something went wrong (e. g. unlockable device) you can use the flashable Xposed recovery disabler ZIP (see attachment of that post!), which disables Xposed and therefore this module. After that you can safely disable/uninstall this module and re-enable Xposed again!

Download
    Xposed repository (http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.stevolk.xlocksecurityslide)
    OR
    see attachments

Source code
    Release under Apache License 2.0: github

Changelog
    0.4 (2014/04/15)
    Compatiblity with Sony Xperia ROMs (Thanks to @greg2001!)

0.3 (2014/01/29)
    Fixed security mode bypass by pressing back button
    Fixed "popup" security mode; it is the normal one now

0.2 (2014/01/28)
    Fix for KitKat

0.1 (2014/01/27)
    initial release
    are u working to make it work for xperia devices ? or not a priority for u ? or not even in to-do list :p

Maybe things have changed since the last version because I (nearly) completely replaced the code. You can give it a try, but do not expect anything ;)
    The problem is, that 1. I do not have a sony xperia device to easily test it out, 2. I have very limited resources at the moment.
    But it is on my todo-list (for that hopefully not so far future..) :)

But, if you use any other ROM than stock, especially AOSP based ROMs like CM, Paranoid, AOKP etc. it works well.

It's the same with Samsung TouchWiz based ROMs.

My goal is to make it work with nearly all commonly used ROMs.

I hope, you (and other users) understand that. :(
    Tested on Validus13 KK.....no go. Thanks for the work and sharing with the rest of us

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

KK fix released. Should work now. :cyclops:

Damn! :(

Anyway you could make it work on TouchWiz (GS4; Android 4.3)?! @Stevolk

Well thats really sad... The problem is, that I do not have a Samsung device to test it out. Moreover it requires some work because TW is closed source. I will look at this, if I have enough time!
    Please add support for S3 4.3 tw , I can test for you if you want ;)