[Recovery] ClockworkMod Recovery 1.3.4(updated 24.06.2011)

Search This thread

Crsdr37

Aug 3, 2010
Concord
Dexter's Recovery is working good Right now I think I will wait to see what people say about this as far as safe. Before pushing do not like the warning about the data/media folder. Some guy had quite the headache yesterday after deleting the contents in that folder. Good work though like the fact that itsmagic is now part of the recovery incase any dev forgets it in their update packages. :D

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Dexter's Recovery is working good Right now I think I will wait to see what people say about this as far as safe. Before pushing do not like the warning about the data/media folder. Some guy had quite the headache yesterday after deleting the contents in that folder. Good work though like the fact that itsmagic is now part of the recovery incase any dev forgets it in their update packages. :D

this recovery is pretty much close to the one i made.. he just forgot to thank me for the help ;)

so i think its a safe bet to upgrade if you wish..

Reactions: Glebaka

Glebaka

Apr 30, 2011
Riga
little quetion, after il do everything mentioned in 1st post tutorial i can flash Prime firmware and use it without any problems right?

and whats doing this command in step 7 " /data/local/itsmagic"

Last edited:

kimycai

Mar 9, 2011
does itsmagic run automaticly every time after reboot or power off without our manual calling in your modified recovery environment?

Last edited:

Crsdr37

Aug 3, 2010
Concord
yes pressing restart or power off runs itsmagic...

making now a version that runs itsmagic on startup so we can avoid bricks if someone decides to power down from the physical power button

Like force shutdown in recovery or with the tablet booted
Because I have force shutdown with the tablet on and its fine?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

kimycai

Mar 9, 2011
but i was confused that if we push itsmagic to another place like /data/temp,could itsmagic be called after reboot or power off all the same?

and another question: in our stock recovery ,we can apply different of update.zips of full package with vol - and power on normally.
but once when we r in your modified recovery environment,how do we apply update.zip?
should we call itsmagic again manually after we apply update.zip?
does itsmagic be called again when reboot or power off after we apply update.zip?

Last edited:

Crsdr37

Aug 3, 2010
Concord
Which adb shell are you guys using. I have the android sdk installed and the acer driver. I can dd from windows but I cannot push. :(

thor2002ro

Oct 11, 2007
www.tegraowners.com
but i was confused that if we push itsmagic to another place like /data/temp,could itsmagic be called after reboot or power off all the same?

and another question: in our stock recovery ,we can apply different of update.zips of full package with vol - and power on normally.
but once when we r in your modified recovery environment,how do we apply update.zip?
should we call itsmagic again manually after we apply update.zip?
does itsmagic be called again when reboot or power off after we apply update.zip?

it doesn't mater where you put stuff when you install... the recovery is self sufficient doesn't need specific files like itsmagic on another partition...

Reactions: kimycai

kimycai

Mar 9, 2011
can u tell me what function your modifed recovery include,can u list some function like command that i can know more clearly before we do something.

nycbjr

Oct 10, 2006
New York
mucho thanks!

Man as always you are a gOD!

Process works beautifully! Now if only my roommate hadn't stolen my 16gb microsd card, grr.. I'd like to try a backup, and maybe that 3.1 rom.

oh and I love the watermark image touches.. very cute!

kimycai

Mar 9, 2011
my understanding is that we dd a new recovery img to mmcblk0p1 is why we call itsmagic manually first at last command,but when we flashed your recovery and called itsmagic, after reboot, recovery can work well,right?
but when we flash a new kernel or an update.zip we dont need to call itsmagic again because your recovery is integrated "itsmagic" ,and it will call itsmagic automaticly reboot or power off, am my understanding right?

thor2002ro

Oct 11, 2007
www.tegraowners.com
yes that's right when you press reboot or power off in recovery triggers itsmagic automatically ...

rev1.2 will call itsmagic on startup too ;) its in testing... once its been tested will post it... everything in the todo list has been done in this version too...

Reactions: kimycai

kimycai

Mar 9, 2011
yes that's right when you press reboot or power off in recovery triggers itsmagic automatically ...

rev1.2 will call itsmagic on startup too ;) its in testing... once its been tested will post it... everything in the todo list has been done in this version too...

whats the difference between startup and reboot?
i feel that the same.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK, here is ClockworkMod Recovery for our beloved A500

NOTE:
    If you encounter a problem with the filesystem on /data like it has become corrupt, place a blank file called "eraseData" (without the quotes) in the clockworkmod folder on your external sdcard or usb storage. This will revert back to actually formatting /data.
    WARNING: by doing this you will lose everything that you have in /data/media.

Installation:
    1. use adb (PC):
      1. adb push recovery-thor2002ro-rev1.*.img /sdcard
      2. adb push itsmagic /data/local
    2. from terminal (TABLET):
      1. su
      2. chmod 755 /data/local/itsmagic
      3. mount -o rw,remount /system
      4. rm /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
      5. mount -o ro,remount /system
      6. dd if=/sdcard/recovery-thor2002ro-rev1.*.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1
      7. ./data/local/itsmagic

"recovery-thor2002ro-rev1.*.rar" - is for flashing normally with the normal method...
    "update-recovery-thor2002ro-rev1.*.zip" - flashed from recovery and press reboot/power off(v1.1 don't use "Advanced" -> "Reboot Recovery" only buttons in the main menu) after its flashed(don't try to flash from any other recovery other than mine, will not work)

Acer Recovery Installer APP thanks to Euclid's Brother http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14818316&postcount=109

Video installation guide by cfcoleman
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuf74JP5Jgw

Changelog:
    1.1:
    • skips /data/media in backup/restore/format of /data
    • integrated "itsmagic"
    • additional option in advanced to run itsmagic manually
    • itsmagic is run on every restart/poweroff or recovery as a precautionary measure
    • ability to use usb storage in recovery for backups and restores...(has a priority system in place if usb stick is present on mount its used as a "sdcard", if not it falls back to microsd card), unmount and mount will also trigger this.
    1.2:
    • flexrom backup & restore
    • bct + ebt + pt + gp1 backup(basically the first sectors of the flash that sc2k told you to backup when itsmagic got released...)
    • retrieve uid
    • itsmagic run at startup
    • usb keyboard fix
    1.3.2:
    • fixed background disappearing
    • removed itsmagic from reboot/poweroff, not needed itsmagic is run at startup...
    • fixed flexrom not being present in advanced restore menu
    1.3.3:
    • fixed back disappearing in Mounts and Storage menu
    1.3.4(still in testing...):
    • added sync before md5 generation
    • sync and unmount of /sdcard after succesful backup
    • sync and unmount of /sdcard at reboot/poweroff

Thanks to sc2k for testing this.

Even though this recovery has been tested, I am not liable for any loss of data or any damages done by this recovery.
    With the blessings of thor2002ro, I bring you an easy to use app for installing his (or any other) recovery image.

It has his rev1.2 built-in, along with a Stock USA 1.141.07_COM_GEN1 recovery image. It can also install a recovery.img from the external sdcard.

It gives an option to backup your current image (for later rollback) and runs itsmagic (built-in) when it's finished installing a recovery image.

Let me know if anyone finds any problems with it. I have not tried it under PRIMEE 1.4. But I have flashed between thors recovery and stock recovery several times using stock HC 3.0.1.

DOWNLOAD FROM ANDROID MARKET

Cheers
    you can update via old CWM 1.3+... just flash the zip

and since it has my kernel you cant add it to market or xda...
    thanks for this program.
    Where i can find backed up old recovery file?

it's at /data/data/com.interphaze.AcerRecoveryInstaller/files/recovery.old.img

yeah.. it's a good idea to make a copy of this in case you install a custom ROM
    IF this is an idiotic question, I apologize one hundred times:

How is this different from downloading Rom Manager from the Market and having that install ClockworkMod Recovery?

that doesn't support a500... a500 need a custom build of cwm(made by me ;) ) the emmc is partitioned differently than the rest of the tablets... among other things...