S1Boot (Bootloader) Update for Xperia T

Search This thread

Bin4ry

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
Hey,

in latest firmware there is a update to S1Boot (to Version R10A21). I think most users who DONT USE PCC/SEUS will not have the update because Flashtool does not decrypt it correctly.

I packed it up into German Firmware, so if you are interested you can flash this Firmware and then just reflash ANY OTHER Firmware if you dont want to stay on German one. After S1Boot got updated it will stay updated no matter what Firmware you flash afterwards, becasue normally it is not included.

File can be downloaded here from my Firmware collection, directlink to Xperia T folder:

http://ul.to/f/2fvm79

Regards

Last edited:

Halim2k

Apr 7, 2009
This is a small appreciation for all the effort you put in XPERIA devices.
Thank you Andreas,

Confirmation Number: 30X20729LD1118121

PS: I have some FTFs if you want me to upload them.

Reactions: Bin4ry

baz@gmx.co.uk

Dec 2, 2010
Hi Binary, Can I confirm that I can backup my current stock rom (7.0.A.3.195) using CWM recovery (advanced kernel v4), then flash this for S1 update, then (correct me if I am wrong please!) re-flash kernel and then restore rom via CWM: resulting in being back to my current rom but with S1 Boot update.

Also just check that I should use "Generic DE (S1Boot-Update).ftf" - is this the one you refer to in the OP.?

Thanks for your patience :)

Last edited:

Bin4ry

Nov 14, 2008
Berlin

You included S1Boot Update too ?

Hi Binary, Can I confirm that I can backup my current stock rom (7.0.A.3.195) using CWM recovery (advanced kernel v4), then flash this for S1 update, then (correct me if I am wrong please!) re-flash kernel and then restore rom via CWM: resulting in being back to my current rom but with S1 Boot update.

Also just check that I should use "Generic DE (S1Boot-Update).ftf" - is this the one you refer to in the OP.?

Thanks for your patience :)

Yep should work ;)

I updated via PCCompanion and my boot is
R10A118
WHich "latest" version did you get the new boot from? And what is new in it?

It is included inside the SEUS files for the 195 Version, but "problem" is that we need to update Flashtool so that it decrypts the File correctly. For now we only added the "alternate" decryption for Loader, now S1Boot seems to be updated too :) Which is quite good, maybe they add features in future like button for recovery :D

Mine is R10A121 and it was flashed with Flashtool.

Cool :good:

Regards

Bin4ry

Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
Thanks for that. Do you know what's changed?

I just checked my version and it s R10A118

Sent from my Xperia T using XDA Premium

Really no idea :D

This is a small appreciation for all the effort you put in XPERIA devices.
Thank you Andreas,

Confirmation Number: 30X20729LD1118121

PS: I have some FTFs if you want me to upload them.

Many many many many thanks :) :) :) :) Sure i would upload yours too if you like, but somehow i have to get them :D

Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: mehdi.xterra

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
It is included inside the SEUS files for the 195 Version, but "problem" is that we need to update Flashtool so that it decrypts the File correctly.
Stage, I flagged 195 via official method not flash tool, so why did I not have the update?
now S1Boot seems to be updated too :) Which is quite good, maybe they add features in future like button for recovery :D

Regards
That's fantastic, really miss the option to reboot or reboot into recovery

Sent from my LT30p using xda premium

Bin4ry

Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
Stage, I flagged 195 via official method not flash tool, so why did I not have the update?

That's fantastic, really miss the option to reboot or reboot into recovery

Sent from my LT30p using xda premium

If you got it from PCC i dont know why you did not get it. Hope you did not understood me wrong. It is NOT implemented yet. I just hope that they WILL update is later on, with this possibility to update the S1Boot it would be possible from technical way ;)

Regards

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
If you got it from PCC i dont know why you did not get it. Hope you did not understood me wrong. It is NOT implemented yet. I just hope that they WILL update is later on, with this possibility to update the S1Boot it would be possible from technical way ;)

Regards
Yes, I understand that, Can you check this firmware. Its the .ftf I made from my PCCompanion update. I dont know where to look to check the boot.

But i do get an update when i connect to pccompanion, allthough it gives me the same FW number, i thought that was strange but maybe its the new boot.

Last edited:

Bin4ry

Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
Yes, I understand that, Can you check this firmware. Its the .ftf I made from my PCCompanion update. I dont know where to look to check the boot.

But i do get an update when i connect to pccompanion, allthough it gives me the same FW number, i thought that was strange but maybe its the new boot.

Do your PCC Files are 3 or 4 Files? If your firmware includes the S1Boot update then it should be 4 Files!!
IT CAN BE that the branding firmwares does NOT include the S1Boot update, maybe that is the reason ;)

Regards

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Do your PCC Files are 3 or 4 Files? If your firmware includes the S1Boot update then it should be 4 Files!!
IT CAN BE that the branding firmwares does NOT include the S1Boot update, maybe that is the reason ;)

Regards

ok, I only used 3 largest files. The rest were all really small files. I will download again and make a new branded one...that way we will know if branded versions have the new boot.

I will get too it after I have eaten.

EDIT
Weird,

PCCompanion says my current version is 7.0.A.1.303, whilst my phone says I am on 7.0.A.3.195....lets see what happens

EDIT

Looks like i am getting 4 files, 3 downloaded already and still the big one to go....

Last edited:

Bin4ry

Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
ok, I only used 3 largest files. The rest were all really small files. I will download again and make a new branded one...that way we will know if branded versions have the new boot.

I will get too it after I have eaten.

EDIT
Weird,

PCCompanion says my current version is 7.0.A.1.303, whilst my phone says I am on 7.0.A.3.195....lets see what happens

Hehe.
The S1Boot is a FILE_XXXXXXX file with approx 330kb. But as i said Flashtool cannot decrypt now, it needs manual decryption.

Regards

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Hehe.
The S1Boot is a FILE_XXXXXXX file with approx 330kb. But as i said Flashtool cannot decrypt now, it needs manual decryption.

Regards

Check my second edit above, i do get that file now.

But guess what, (Like a noob) i forgot i cant use pccompanion anymore because of unlocked bootloader..D'oh

Anyway, any chance of instructions on how to manually decrypt it (Probably nothing simple) or if I send you the files can you incoorporate them into my .ftf so I can flash it?
I canthen also add a branded vodafobe version with the new boot to the ftf list.

Cheers

Attachments

• FILE_279332298.rar
    322.4 KB · Views: 89

harowa

Apr 7, 2011
Hamburg
I need help to find out whish version S1Boot my lt30p has.

I tried to find the postet version numbers in the phone settings, I searched google, I installed SEUS .........

Nothing, I have no idea where you have the version numbers from.

Last edited:

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
I need help to find out whish version S1Boot my lt30p has.

I tried to find the postet version numbers in the phone settings, I searched google, I installed SEUS .........

Nothing, I have no idea where you have the version numbers from.

goto your dial pad and dial
*#*#7378423#*#*
then goto
service info>software info>

S1 Boot version is the third line down

Last edited:
Reactions: harowa

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
OK, tutorial for those who want to update to the latest S1 boot.

You can check your s1 boot version by doing this
goto your dial pad and dial
*#*#7378423#*#*
then goto
service info>software info>

S1 Boot version is the third line down

Difficulty
Easy
Time taken
I did it in less than 10 minutes

1. Download one of the .ftf's from the OP that have the s1 boot update in title.
2. make a backup of your current rom
3. Download, install and set up flashtool. (Link in the all in one thread)
4. Drag and drop the .ftf into the open window of flashtool.
5. Tick all the boxes that say exclude except the one that says exclude uncategorized Check the attached image
6. Flash the .ftf following flashtool instructions
7. Reboot phone and check your s1 boot version, it should now be updated
8. Reboot into recovery and restore your backup.
9. You are now on the latest s1 boot with the same rom you had before.

EDIT
Alternative Method.
Flash this LT30_7.0.A.3.195_Generic DE (S1Boot-ONLY).ftf - 725.46 KB
(N.B. It is reported to relock your bootloader, just unlock it again if thats the case, info taken from this post)
I just removed all the unnecassary files from one of the .ftf's provided by Bin4ry

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 814
Last edited:
Reactions: foxyfennec

Top Liked Posts