Ubuntu Touch OS Galaxy Nexus Thread | Everything Goes Here!

Search This thread

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011
This is a thread for all Ubuntu Touch OS galaxy nexus information. All discussions/questions/suggestions/guides/updates etc go here, all others created will be (or are in the process of being) closed and/or deleted.

Regards,

Jonny

Last edited by a moderator:

got556

Sep 6, 2011
Chicago
Re: Official Ubuntu Touch OS Galaxy Nexus Thread

Looking fwd to seeing this in action.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

vince7

May 20, 2012
Re: Official Ubuntu Touch OS Galaxy Nexus Thread

Does data not work on the os and if it downy when will that be fixed?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

vintermut

Apr 16, 2010
Prijedor
I flashed armel+maguro and phablet zips via TWRP and after google logo i just get black screen for 5 minutes. So I restored my XenonHD ROM back. Any sloution yo boot up ubuntu?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Esteway.619

Dec 30, 2010
san diego
I flashed armel+maguro and phablet zips via TWRP and after google logo i just get black screen for 5 minutes. So I restored my XenonHD ROM back. Any sloution yo boot up ubuntu?

It stays at a black screen for a bit. Did u do a full wipe?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

gnustomp

Nov 1, 2012
Is a format of userdata done or is /data/media or /sdcard/ wiped in any way? The phablet zip writes to /data, right? And doesn't format it? Still waiting on the download.

montahchos

Jan 23, 2012
Paris Van Java
Is there any plan from canonical to release final version for galaxy nexus ?

i'm little disappointed when they just release a "preview" version
and in my opinion
if they want to promote their OS before launching any pre-installed ubuntu phone
they need to release a fully functional OS for current supported phones
well at least people will know what is ubuntu phone not only from video

jonezy8873

Dec 9, 2011
Tamworth
Google Pixel 5
I love it. I had put it on and done a backup so I can put it back on to show it off.
Its (as an alpha) amazing. The flow and simplicity of it makes scenes to me. Swipe from all sides.

vintermut

Apr 16, 2010
Prijedor
I done factory reset, dalvik and cash. Installed, booted and wait for more than 10 minutes. Still nothing, just black screen. And now TWRP couldn't find my restore files... :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a thread for all Ubuntu Touch OS galaxy nexus information. All discussions/questions/suggestions/guides/updates etc go here, all others created will be (or are in the process of being) closed and/or deleted.

Regards,

Jonny
    When Ubuntu officially(final) released for gnx?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

You're so special that they've been waiting for you to ask before they'd post it.
    If Cannoncial didin't release this **** like this, me and countless others wouldn't talk **** to Ubuntu. They should have waited and made sure that basic things worked fine.

Now they have to put up with all this whining and trash talking.

Are you a developer?

If no, then why are you whining? It was NEVER intended to be made for you.

If yes, then what more do you need to make apps and familiarize yourself with the OS? I really doubt you'd need a calculator for developing apps.

Now do you understand? It's actually an amazing DEVELOPERS PREVIEW. It was never a beta and it was never stated it was a beta.

I don't know if this has been posted yet but there are now daily builds being released for Ubuntu Touch for Galaxy Nexus.

Go here: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-touch-preview/daily-preinstalled/

Then click on the 20130226 folder and you'll find bleeding edge nightlies (similar to how they're doing it with the Nexus 7 Ubuntu desktop build)..I assume it will be regularly updated every day or almost every day (albeit without any discernable changelogs)

I installed the Feb 26 build and performance is much better than the initial build, and more "apps" are available (like amazon ubuntu one, which are really glorified links to the web sites)

Edit: This OS is so beautiful and smooth, it makes Android look awkward in comparison.
    If Cannoncial didin't release this **** like this, me and countless others wouldn't talk **** to Ubuntu. They should have waited and made sure that basic things worked fine.

Now they have to put up with all this whining and trash talking.

Notice it says Ubuntu DEVELOPER preview? Leave it to the pros. If people think it'll suffice as a daily driver, 100% functionality, they're in for a rude awakening. This forum has turned into nothing but a bunch of self-righteous, spoon fed, whiny, impatient brats. I want, what I want, and I want it NOW!

http://developer.ubuntu.com/get-started/gomobile/