Inbox not updating? help!

Search This thread

Caniv

Dec 23, 2012
hey guys
im not sure whats wrong
im using stock 4.4 with some Xposed modules, nothing else.

my Gmail app is working really bad
at first i had 5 newmails, (sync off) went on with my day and came back home, 15 mails in GMAIL and 5 in app so i swyped down, it says "updating" and keeps displaying 5...
so i restart phone, nothing.
i wiped all data from the app and when it repulled it took all the new mails. i thought to myself, AWESOME! shows all 15 new mails.
i go to my browser on the PC, delete 9 out of the 15 mails, 6 are left. in app, there are still 15.

iim not sure why but it just doesnt update properly.. what should i do?

edit:
now after like 10 tries it did work but only after a LONG time (around 2 mins)
also for some reason when i delete a mail on my phone it DELETES it on my real box.. i thought it doesnt work that way.. or used to not?

Last edited:
E

experience7

edit:
now after like 10 tries it did work but only after a LONG time (around 2 mins)
also for some reason when i delete a mail on my phone it DELETES it on my real box.. i thought it doesnt work that way.. or used to not?
Nice to hear that your problem solved. I hope it stays like this :)
As far as I know it has always been like that. Using your phone to delete an e-mail from your gmail-inbox has the same effect than using your computer.. which actually makes sense to me :) If you're afraid to accidentially delete an e-mail: No worries, there's a recycle bin which lets you restore deleted e-mails :)

Caniv

Dec 23, 2012
Nice to hear that your problem solved. I hope it stays like this :)
As far as I know it has always been like that. Using your phone to delete an e-mail from your gmail-inbox has the same effect than using your computer.. which actually makes sense to me :) If you're afraid to accidentially delete an e-mail: No worries, there's a recycle bin which lets you restore deleted e-mails :)

yeha it DOES make sense lol i remmeber it bothering me once before.. maybe it was YEARS ago with Office using POP3?
idk
anyway im not sure what was wrong and waht fixed it but at least its fixed.

E

experience7

Ah okay :D I use gmail as my primary and only e-mail account.. basically everything is linked with it :) I want to keep it clean :p On my Nexus 5 I'm using the Gmail app and on PC I use my browser (Firefox) since I really like the Googlemail user interface :)