[Q] unable to update to 4.3

Search This thread

szzlgupta

Mar 15, 2013
New Delhi
My note 2 is on 4.1.2 (non-rooted) and I am India and I have got 4.3 OTA update. I downloaded and while flashing, at 35%, it got stopped and booted up to 4.1.2
So, i downloaded the ota again, and flashed. It got stopped at 24%.

So, I decided to update via kies. I started downloading the FW, but the download is stuck at 0% and yes, I have a pretty good internet connection!

what to do? If I go the ODIN way, will it delete my internal memory too????? This is the only thing stopping me from flashing 4.3 via ODIN. Also, i will have to Factory reset after flashing via ODIN which i dont want too :/

Any other solution or ODIN to the rescue?

nitol

Sep 1, 2009
dhaka
My note 2 is on 4.1.2 (non-rooted) and I am India and I have got 4.3 OTA update. I downloaded and while flashing, at 35%, it got stopped and booted up to 4.1.2
So, i downloaded the ota again, and flashed. It got stopped at 24%.

So, I decided to update via kies. I started downloading the FW, but the download is stuck at 0% and yes, I have a pretty good internet connection!

what to do? If I go the ODIN way, will it delete my internal memory too????? This is the only thing stopping me from flashing 4.3 via ODIN. Also, i will have to Factory reset after flashing via ODIN which i dont want too :/

Any other solution or ODIN to the rescue?

Search here on xda as 'pre rooted 4.3 firmware for n7100' something like that, you'll find some thread. Download one from there and flash via odin. There is also no wipe version I think, which will not erase your internal memory.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

szzlgupta

Mar 15, 2013
New Delhi
Search here on xda as 'pre rooted 4.3 firmware for n7100' something like that, you'll find some thread. Download one from there and flash via odin. There is also no wipe version I think, which will not erase your internal memory.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Is there any non rooted firmware?

Because my dad uses that phone and he doesn't want any root or things like that. So that is why I don't know about firmwares and things about this forum.

silentvisitor

Mar 15, 2012
In most possibilities YES.
Infact it is recommended that you take backup of your important data and let internal memory get wiped. It will save you some future headaches.