best rom cm9 / cm10 / cm11? battery friendly?

Search This thread

kap19

Jan 3, 2014
Hi guys

I have this galaxy w which I had the stock rom with gingerbread.

I was searching for a custom rom for the phone and saw that there were cm9 cm10 and cm11.

I installed the new cm11 by arco68 but I'm having problems with the battery with greenify already installed.
During the night when I was asleep in 3 hours used 10% of my battery.

I'm new in roms and android development, so can anyone help me and tell me the differences between each cm version?
Any version is more lighter with the battery?
What can I do improve the battery use?

Thanks in advance

Nov 9, 2013
Solo
Hi guys

I was searching for a custom rom for the phone and saw that there were cm9 cm10 and cm11.

I installed the new cm11 by arco68 but I'm having problems with the battery with greenify already installed.

I'm new in roms and android development, so can anyone help me and tell me the differences between each cm version?

Thanks in advance

You can try [ROM][ICS][4.0.4][IMM76L] CyanogenMod 9 Final Release (EOL) by Arco68
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1576874

Reactions: kap19

Irwenzhao

Nov 23, 2013
Singapore
Hi guys

Thanks in advance

Apparently Google claimed that 4.4 KitKat is designed for low-end phones. So use CM11

Smack that Thanks button if I helped!
XDAing from a N7105 powered by Illusion ROM.
Sent from a small country called Singapore.
P.S. Time for school, not much time for XDA :(

Reactions: kap19

MayB4ck

Jan 11, 2014
Kavadarci
For me now the best battery saving ROM + kernel is CM 9 and hurtsky's kernel, it is just awesome, if you need battery then this is the right combination for you :)

quanlim

Apr 15, 2013
Just wondering, since Kitkat is optimise for low RAM, does cm9 consume large amount of ram?

Prel!m

Mar 24, 2014
Apparently Google claimed that 4.4 KitKat is designed for low-end phones. So use CM11

Im confused, I still see many reports indicating high battery drain on CM11.

btw, currently using "CM09 (EOL final) + Hurtsky's Kernel REV10" but want to know if I would have better options for extended battery performance.

thanks in advance, regards ;)

Last edited:

Sirvanparaste

Mar 31, 2014
Problem with installing khan kernel

For me DarkCM11 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2618851 works pretty good. I use KhaN Kernel v1.5 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2593327 and its runs pretty fluently + battery life is good :)

Hi, I am new to installing ROM, I have study about 3 days and decided to apply darkCM11 with khan kernel, as you mentioned,
I installed CM11 and it worked, but The device was warm and battery drained fast, I installed it again with following tuterials and format sdcard0 this time, it get better but the main problem is to install/flash another kernel or update like khan kernel or philz touch, they are failed with status 7 ,
I tried to removed assert line from updater_script but it didn't work, It seems the os is now heavier than these works and I am confused right now,
please help me :
1- what to do first, should I install CM11 from scratch ?
2- for istalling khan kernel should I install Philz touch? and if so, what I should to do with the status 7 problem
I have installed CMR 6.0.4.5 and it works,

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Hi, I am new to installing ROM, I have study about 3 days and decided to apply darkCM11 with khan kernel, as you mentioned,
I installed CM11 and it worked, but The device was warm and battery drained fast, I installed it again with following tuterials and format sdcard0 this time, it get better but the main problem is to install/flash another kernel or update like khan kernel or philz touch, they are failed with status 7 ,
I tried to removed assert line from updater_script but it didn't work, It seems the os is now heavier than these works and I am confused right now,
please help me :
1- what to do first, should I install CM11 from scratch ?
2- for istalling khan kernel should I install Philz touch? and if so, what I should to do with the status 7 problem
I have installed CMR 6.0.4.5 and it works,

Still got issues?

I can send you instructions via pm. Just tell me if you need...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys

Thanks in advance

You can try [ROM][ICS][4.0.4][IMM76L] CyanogenMod 9 Final Release (EOL) by Arco68
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1576874
    cm9 has the best battery life
    Hi guys

Thanks in advance

Smack that Thanks button if I helped!
    XDAing from a N7105 powered by Illusion ROM.
    Sent from a small country called Singapore.
    P.S. Time for school, not much time for XDA :(