[Q] N7 2013 Car Install /w CM11 and ElementalX -- Can't achieve deep sleep?

Search This thread

HyBReDM

May 6, 2010
Recently installed an LTE Nexus 7 into my car and everything is working perfectly... except for the overnight battery. I'm losing around 20% overnight and equally as much during a typical workday. Seeing as I charge about 10% on the commutes to and from work, that can't really work. I've tried as much as research has been able to provide, disabled Skype, locations services,G+, etc. The tablet goes into Airplane and Greenify hibernates every app that would normally run in the background for any reason when power is lost from the device.. So I'm stuck with a 60-80% Android OS battery usage overnight with nothing else coming close. I figure this is an issue with 4.4.2 but I'm not seeing anywhere with a proper fix. Any ideas?

ReWegar_

May 5, 2014
Prague
Recently installed an LTE Nexus 7 into my car and everything is working perfectly... except for the overnight battery. I'm losing around 20% overnight and equally as much during a typical workday. Seeing as I charge about 10% on the commutes to and from work, that can't really work. I've tried as much as research has been able to provide, disabled Skype, locations services,G+, etc. The tablet goes into Airplane and Greenify hibernates every app that would normally run in the background for any reason when power is lost from the device.. So I'm stuck with a 60-80% Android OS battery usage overnight with nothing else coming close. I figure this is an issue with 4.4.2 but I'm not seeing anywhere with a proper fix. Any ideas?

try Wakelock detector for finding what you drain the battery

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest

There's a ROM on XDA that seems to be targeted towards dash installs. I think he charges for it though. It's called Timur's ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app