[Guide] How to Change Fonts for the ROM?

Search This thread
I've seen this question many times during last few days and even got a few PMs also regarding this and answering repetitively is tiresome and not so creative so thought of creating a thread specially for this, Nothing new, no rocket science but helpful, hope you find the same

Recovery Method
  • Download any one of the font
  • Goto CWM
  • Select Mount and storage
  • Mount System
  • Flash the downloaded File
ICS Roboto Font
Gingerbread Stock Font
Other Flashable Font files along sample can be found here

Font changer Method
Install Font Changer from play store
put the desired fonts in the folder .fontchanger created in the root of your SDcard, open the app and apply the desired font.

Last edited:

Arya_3RDNumber

Feb 26, 2012
LG V20
I think it doesnt work on ICS ROM
I see on system/fonts and few font files was linked to "roboto font",,even I change with CWM/Manual(with root explorer) it doesnt works mate
I like use SonySketch fonts

Sent from my CSL-MI410 using Tapatalk 2

CacingKalung

Nov 2, 2011
Bekasi
I believe what OP mean in this thread is only for MoKee OS. And also as he said, the zip file attached to be flashed is an answer of some people who ask him how to make roboto font as default font.

Sent from my bike using Tapatalk

Reactions: paarkhi

Lord AJ

Feb 9, 2014
Is this safe ?

I wanted to ask if this is completely safe cos I've had bad experiences everytime I tried tampering with my device. Also do these methods work on gingerbread ??

Last edited:

jukebox355

Oct 9, 2012
Bandung
I wanted to ask if this is completely safe cos I've had bad experiences everytime I tried tampering with my device. Also do these methods work on gingerbread ??

As far i know this should work on any gingerbread rom, but on ics or jb you need to create metadata for changing the font as their symlinked to the rom. Cmiiw :)

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lord AJ

sairali

Nov 8, 2016
I've seen this question many times during last few days and even got a few PMs also regarding this and answering repetitively is tiresome and not so creative so thought of creating a thread specially for this, Nothing new, no rocket science but helpful, hope you find the same

Recovery Method
  • Goto CWM
  • Mount System
ICS Roboto Font
Gingerbread Stock Font

Font changer Method
put the desired fonts in the folder .fontchanger created in the root of your SDcard, open the app and apply the desired font.

Sent from my CHM-U01 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Recovery Method
    • Goto CWM
    • Mount System
    ICS Roboto Font
    Gingerbread Stock Font

Font changer Method
    I believe what OP mean in this thread is only for MoKee OS. And also as he said, the zip file attached to be flashed is an answer of some people who ask him how to make roboto font as default font.

Sent from my bike using Tapatalk

As far i know this should work on any gingerbread rom, but on ics or jb you need to create metadata for changing the font as their symlinked to the rom. Cmiiw :)

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk