[Q] Need to unroot/return to stock/hide unlocked bootloader, can't figure it out.

Search This thread

XIIISlaughters

Apr 13, 2012
I feel like I'm not following proper forum etiquette doing this, but I promise I've searched endless for a solution and nothing has returned a proper working result. I've been running Cyanogen nightlies since I got my One M7 in September. Been incredibly happy about it, and really regret having to get help to do this. I'm running into a few issues, but let's just start with the reason for this.

Last night out of nowhere, my Bell service just...stopped. First time this has happened to me ever. I think they messed up something on my account last time I changed some things on my package, but no matter how much I try to convince them, they want me to bring my phone into a store to diagnose it. I've tried flashing a different CM rom, and flashed a stock. Still no service. Spent the past 6 hours downloading and trying different tools that were supposed to work, but didn't.

I've tried S-off to hide the bootloader unlock and tampered ticker, but revone just doesn't work. I don't think my fastboot is working. I've tried to find a stock Bell Mobility rom, but all I can find is CMW nandroid's, and I can't get to flash CMW without flashboot.

I'm Hboot 1.44, latest CM nightly, unlocked bootloader from HTC, and TWRP. I'm on Bell Mobility. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

schnittlauch

May 6, 2014
Nienburg
I feel like I'm not following proper forum etiquette doing this, but I promise I've searched endless for a solution and nothing has returned a proper working result. I've been running Cyanogen nightlies since I got my One M7 in September. Been incredibly happy about it, and really regret having to get help to do this. I'm running into a few issues, but let's just start with the reason for this.

Last night out of nowhere, my Bell service just...stopped. First time this has happened to me ever. I think they messed up something on my account last time I changed some things on my package, but no matter how much I try to convince them, they want me to bring my phone into a store to diagnose it. I've tried flashing a different CM rom, and flashed a stock. Still no service. Spent the past 6 hours downloading and trying different tools that were supposed to work, but didn't.

I've tried S-off to hide the bootloader unlock and tampered ticker, but revone just doesn't work. I don't think my fastboot is working. I've tried to find a stock Bell Mobility rom, but all I can find is CMW nandroid's, and I can't get to flash CMW without flashboot.

I'm Hboot 1.44, latest CM nightly, unlocked bootloader from HTC, and TWRP. I'm on Bell Mobility. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think you just can "relock" your bootloader. You cant hide, that it was opened.
And if your fastboot is not working, did you tried to flash a rom with your recovery?
The closest you can get to "like out of the factory", is if you flash a nandroid and the original recovery. ("relocked" bootloader, s-on, stock rom, stock recovery, no root)

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
I think you just can "relock" your bootloader. You cant hide, that it was opened.
Incorrect, you can easily put back ''locked'' in bootloader instead of ''relocked'' with s-off

The closest you can get to "like out of the factory", is if you flash a nandroid and the original recovery. ("relocked" bootloader, s-on, stock rom, stock recovery, no root)

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Maybe only a problem with the sim card. Try another sim card or try yours is another phone (must be a bell phone or a sim-unlocked phone)

You will indeed need fastboot to work if you want to revert back to stock. You said you are on hboot 1.44, are you using windows 8.1? Windows 8.1 will not connect to the phone with hboot 1.44. in that case you'll need to either use a windows 7 PC or to use a linux live cd. If you are not using Windows 8.1, go in windows device manager when the phone is in bootloader (fastboot usb) and report here how the phone is listed in device manager.

1. make fastboot works
  2. flash cwm
  3. restore bell nandroid backup that match your version (1.29.666.5 to confirm)
  4. S-OFF using revone
  5. remove tampered flag from bootloader and set it back to ''locked'' with Guru bootloarder reset tool
  6. S-On if you must
  7. return phone

if you can make fastboot work, post the output of ''fastboot getvar all'' except IMEI and SN