Evo 4g on virgin mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

weinerwad3000

Feb 9, 2011
Flagstaff, az
I'll give that a shot in a bit; Windows partition = failed at the moment. And I'm flashing roms on my optimus v xD I'll post back once I try it, and if it doesn't work...well...I'm out 20 bucks XD C'est la vie.

Edit: While I'm here, are there any linux alternatives to QPST/QXDM? Or should I just run them in WINE and see if that works?

Ahh my kind of question. I was wondering the same thing a couple months ago. Wine wont work with those programs or at least in my experience. You may be able to use a virtual machine but I've never tried it. I would love to have flashing tools for my mint distro. I hate windows. If I had flashing tools and if my nvidia drivers worked in Linux I would ditch windows all together but I'm **** out of luck at the moment.

MrPandroid

Jan 29, 2011
Greenville, SC
So, I zeroed out both ESN/MEID to be safe. Re-Flashed, and its the same issue. Error 16. Text messages work, MMS, Web, but no calls o_O If I get a call, it goes right to voicemail, and I can't check it due to error 16. Hmm. Dilemma! Also, I would try a VM...but I'm too lazy to set that up XD I have a windows PC SOMEWHERE in my closet...it will do just fine for flashing more.

weinerwad3000

Feb 9, 2011
Flagstaff, az
So, I zeroed out both ESN/MEID to be safe. Re-Flashed, and its the same issue. Error 16. Text messages work, MMS, Web, but no calls o_O If I get a call, it goes right to voicemail, and I can't check it due to error 16. Hmm. Dilemma! Also, I would try a VM...but I'm too lazy to set that up XD I have a windows PC SOMEWHERE in my closet...it will do just fine for flashing more.

If data works then its not an esn issue. Sounds like an issue with the msid or mdn. I've received texts even though my msid and mdn were messed up. Open up cdma workshop and make sure they're correct. Make sure they're not reversed.

MrPandroid

Jan 29, 2011
Greenville, SC
Calling works without a problem on the donor phone, that's the strange part. I double checked the MSID/MDN; They match up exactly to the donor phone. That's why I'm baffled about this. If I pull information from the donor phone, and put it side by side with the EVO, it matches exactly o_O; Weird.

Last edited:

weinerwad3000

Feb 9, 2011
Flagstaff, az
Calling works without a problem on the donor phone, that's the strange part. I double checked the MSID/MDN; They match up exactly to the donor phone. That's why I'm baffled about this. If I pull information from the donor phone, and put it side by side with the EVO, it matches exactly o_O; Weird.

in cdma workshop are the nam settings all exactly the same as well? If you want you can pm me and we can try remote assistance with teamviewer

UncivilSavage

Jan 7, 2012
Whittier

Does data work well?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

jjenkins09

Jun 5, 2011
atl
Any update on any MMS Roms ? I was loving just having sense without mms but I keep getting those damn 999999999 messages..

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

MrPandroid

Jan 29, 2011
Greenville, SC
Data is pretty sluggish. Last time I tried to pull NAM settings off my wildfire s I couldn't get cdma to read it. ##3424# doesn't bring up diagnostic mode for that phone either. I'll have to try more when I get home, though

Remind me though just to make sure I'm not wrong but maid and MDN. My numbers which? May as well double check when I get home

Edit: MDN is mine, MSID is the other one I assume. Or in this case, "IMEI" on the EVO, right?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using XDA

Last edited:

weinerwad3000

Feb 9, 2011
Flagstaff, az
Data is pretty sluggish. Last time I tried to pull NAM settings off my wildfire s I couldn't get cdma to read it. ##3424# doesn't bring up diagnostic mode for that phone either. I'll have to try more when I get home, though

Remind me though just to make sure I'm not wrong but maid and MDN. My numbers which? May as well double check when I get home

Edit: MDN is mine, MSID is the other one I assume. Or in this case, "IMEI" on the EVO, right?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using XDA

Mdn is mobile directory number which is your number msid is mobile station identification. Imei is the esn for some phones but not the evo. If I'm not mistaken imei is for GSM phones. Have you tried reading the Nam in qpst service programming?

MrPandroid

Jan 29, 2011
Greenville, SC
Weird that mine says imei then...I'll try reading the Nam and post back. But do you think a custom rom could be the cause of any of this?

Sent from my VM670 using XDA

MrPandroid

Jan 29, 2011
Greenville, SC
Its under about phone > phone identity.

Edit: once I get home, I may flash a different ROM on it just to ensure that the rom may have written imei by mistake. You never know, it is a possibility.

Last edited:

weinerwad3000

Feb 9, 2011
Flagstaff, az
Its under about phone > phone identity.

Edit: once I get home, I may flash a different ROM on it just to ensure that the rom may have written imei by mistake. You never know, it is a possibility.

What rom do you have on your phone? It sounds like you have a rom from a GSM phone and that would screw with the settings. Try flashing the stock sense rom and see if it works.

MrPandroid

Jan 29, 2011
Greenville, SC
Honestly, I forget what ROM I was using. I decided to flash the VM ROM I saw in here with the MMS APK patched, and voila! It somehow works right! Only thing now is I can't pull my AAA keys from my donor...it gives me an error message in QXDM >.<

weinerwad3000

Feb 9, 2011
Flagstaff, az
Honestly, I forget what ROM I was using. I decided to flash the VM ROM I saw in here with the MMS APK patched, and voila! It somehow works right! Only thing now is I can't pull my AAA keys from my donor...it gives me an error message in QXDM >.<

Now you've got me completely confused. Virgin mobile doesn't have an evo so there is no virgin rom for the evo. Are you talking about a sprint rom with a virgin mms patch? What is your donor phone?

Last edited:

HEATsixteen

Mar 10, 2011
Issues Writing meid

Hey, guys i recently found this thread and decided to give it a go because I hate my Triumph... I have two different HTC EVO's and an optiums v for a donor. I activated the optimus v and ripped all the info off of it, but I am having serious issues getting the EVO to cooperate. I can get the MEID zeroed out while using the open sesame method, however when I try to write to it I get:

05:18:03.919DIAG RX item:
05:18:03.919RequestNVItemWrite - Error response received from target

Not really sure where to go from here... I'm real confused. I've been at it for a few hours and nothing seems to be able to overwrite the MEID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just wanted to post and say that this works for the EVO on CM7. I tried to get it to work on my sense rom and it force closed android.phone each time. Gotta say thanks a bunch as it was the last thing I needed to get this working perfect.

Don't be afraid to go ahead and hit the thanks button :p

Also would you mind uploading your install zip for others to use so I don't have to build it.

edit: everyone say thanks to constrictor25 for putting this CM7 build together for you guys based on my tutorial.

CM7 for evo with working MMS: http://www.mediafire.com/?vovq9qtl3naa74z
    So how do we go about doing that? I mean your thread basically just says flash this rom for the epic.. could you make a small tut.. thanks! And so glad you finnaly found it!

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Extract the following files from your CM7 rom: apns-conf.xml, build.prop, and framework.jar. (winrar works well to extract and overwrite files in a flashable rom)

Well basically you need to open the apns-conf.xml file in notepad and overwrite the apn settings with these:

<apn type="mms" apn="0" mnc="490" mcc="311" carrier="Virgin Mobile US" mmsport="81" mmsproxy="205.239.233.136" mmsc="http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms?" port=""/>

Then change the build.prop, from:
    CDMA_CARRIER_ALPHA := Sprint
    CDMA_CARRIER_NUMERIC := 310120

To:
    CDMA_CARRIER_ALPHA := Virgin_Mobile
    CDMA_CARRIER_NUMERIC := 311490

Then open the framework.jar with winrar (found in system/framework). Remove the classes.dex and decompile (here is a link how to: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=709037)

Replace the cdmasmsdispatcher.smali with the one I will attach to this post.

Then recompile the classes.dex and replace it back in the framework.jar.

Overwrite the apns-conf.xml, build.prop, and framework.jar in the cm7 rom you will be flashing. Wipe system, cache, data, & dalvick cache (might want to back up as well to restore data ) and flash.

This should work with cm7, not sure about other roms.

Awesome! Thanks!

When I finally settle on a rom I will try. If it works, I will upload the results here for others, I just need to settle into a rom I like first and then figure it out.

No problem, glad I could help the community out. Like I posted above this, it should work for CM7. Not sure about other roms.
    Patches and a rom
    Flash these just like a rom (wipe Dalvik and cache at most).

AOKP 28 patch
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?lta4anv80u4x25e

Dark/Light1 Patch
    http://www.mediafire.com/?a7fvv544yl3wep3
    This is based on AOKP but not identical. I have been having MMS issues (even with my OV), so I can't test it. It was a request, so here it is, it may or may not work.

CyanogenMod Official 7.2.0 RC1 patch
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?782frz7fup583xc

Harmonia 2.06 for Evo4g on Virgin Mobile Rom
    This is based on the CM 7.2.0 RC1. and seems to run well.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bju33h260q1me71
    MD5: 56dc97e01cf819db0d18362f02d188a0
    If you know Harmonia, you know what to expect from it. This is really just a private build for me/us, since it's patched for Virgin's mms.
    I'm searching through several threads to try to piece together everything I need to add Evo to VM. Is there just one full tut from A-Z to help? I am working on rooting and unlocking now. But as far as CDMA workshop, FPS, QPST and others, which one is really needed?

I used Harmonia on my Optimus V, loved it but I'm kinda anti-stock ware look but it ran really smooth. I will try out the CM7 version for 4G when I get this phone set up, if ever. :confused:

You will probably need QPST/QXDM to write the MEID of the optimus to the EVO. And then you will probably need just DFS CDMA to read and write the old NAM and DATA values to the EVO. You might need LGNPST to unlock the Optimus for reading though.
    If your donor is an Lg optimus V then there is no way to get the secret AAAkeys . the folder they are in EFS system is locked . I have every program PAID and cannot unlock it . The only way i see is before you activate the optimus you must flash a new RADIO file that has the Attribuits of the nmv folder unlocked . I have tried all the programs including qpst qdmx cdma DFS ETC.... it wont read them or let you change that attrubuits of that folder . And Unfortunatly voice and text is all we got . and wifi . Comments?
    Oh there are three versions of the Lg optimus V - one with 2.2.1 and two with 2.2.2 . tried them all .. BTW . they are cheap on ebay . you can pick un the samsung or the optimus for less than 40 bucks with a clear esn ready to activate .

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

It's because you have to have at least 1x working first..at least thats what i fihured out on all my optimus v's .. it will do that if there is no data whatsoever but if yo have at least !x it activates.

I have the LGPSNT and DLL file just pm your email address