[ROM] Custom Rom - ICS@BLUE_V01 - only for enabled SDE !

Search This thread

Apr 22, 2012
HI!

..if you have problem ....you need first ->format device : into SDE -> Format System ->Reformat Device -> I Understand -> Ok ! and copy here original firmware 4.0.5 firmware_archos_it4.aos;
...now copy ICS@BLUE in Internal Storage and go to SDE -> Recovery System -> Developer Edition Menu -> Remove Android Kernel -> I Understand -> OK ! --> Developer Edition Menu -> Flash Kernel & Initramfs - > copy here zImage and initramfs -> OK ! ...wait for reboot !!! that it's all - ....should be work very well now . Good luck .:rolleyes:

Hi m8

here is was i did now:

- reformat device
- copy original ICS on the devise
- run ICS first setups (calibration and stuff)
- activated USB debugging
- sent new firmware via adb push...
- restarted into Developer Edition Menue
- removed Android Kernel (it took only half a second i didn't get any feedback)
- installed new Kernel and Initramfs by copying the 2 files onto the device
- rebooted

This happend:
- android logo was shown longer than usual
- then the animated BLUE logo apeared
- system started

Again it failed.
I am not root.

hm...
[EDIT]: just to be sure: there is no google account necessary (for the preparation of the 31 apps at the start of your ROM)?

Last edited:

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hi m8

here is was i did now:

- reformat device
- copy original ICS on the devise
- run ICS first setups (calibration and stuff)
- activated USB debugging
- sent new firmware via adb push...
- restarted into Developer Edition Menue
- removed Android Kernel (it took only half a second i didn't get any feedback)
- installed new Kernel and Initramfs by copying the 2 files onto the device
- rebooted

This happend:
- android logo was shown longer than usual
- then the animated BLUE logo apeared
- system started

Again it failed.
I am not root.

hm...
[EDIT]: just to be sure: there is no google account necessary (for the preparation of the 31 apps at the start of your ROM)?

HI !

You need REBOOT again your device ! Please read all instructions carefully !!!
=> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1562889
After installation requires a reboot ( to enable all the stuff !!! ).

Apr 22, 2012
oh sorry.
of course i did this reboot

in the meantime i tried the older ROM and there it worked
i have some doubts that my downloaded BLUE Rom is ok.
i'll try again with fresh downloaded files.

thank you so far!

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
oh sorry.
of course i did this reboot

in the meantime i tried the older ROM and there it worked
i have some doubts that my downloaded BLUE Rom is ok.
i'll try again with fresh downloaded files.

thank you so far!

OK!

First ...be sure to download well ICS@BLUE = 402.653.184 bytes;
...and if you follow all the steps carefully......is impossible to not work !
...by the way you can download initramfs from here => https://hotfile.com/dl/153706683/271baf7/initramfs.cpio.lzo.html ( initramfs = 1.236.672 bytes) ;
.......and zImage from here => https://hotfile.com/dl/153706862/ec22125/zImage.html or here => http://www.2shared.com/file/41fHVVS7/zImage.html ( zImage = 4.345.764 bytes);
With this initramfs and zImage it should be work also very well !!!

Last edited:

Apr 22, 2012
hi petru

like i supposed: the Rom was not ok. I downloaded the zip again and then it worked perfectly
thank you very much for your help!

jcvr

Aug 20, 2008
Problems writing to SD Card

Hello, synce i've updated to this version i cannot write on SC Card, any help?

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Reboot the tablet, it should solve this.

Hi!

YES , you are right !

- it's mentioned in first post !!! ;)

May be we need to make again a separate item (post) that explain step by step even for the most incompetent, HOW TO pre-root, enable SDE, install root version, install custom rom !!! ...but all this is already done !

If you have time, please gen_scheisskopf , can you make again a NEW POST , to explain step by step and understandable ( clear and more detailed !) all this steps ?

- I for one, I'm tired of explaining the same thing a thousand times trivial !!!

- It seems that Quinny899's post "howto" & Shano56's post"howto" are not enough !

Last edited:

jcvr

Aug 20, 2008

Shano56

Oct 21, 2011
Hi!

YES , you are right !

- it's mentioned in first post !!! ;)

May be we need to make again a separate item (post) that explain step by step even for the most incompetent, HOW TO pre-root, enable SDE, install root version, install custom rom !!! ...but all this is already done !

If you have time, please gen_scheisskopf , can you make again a NEW POST , to explain step by step and understandable ( clear and more detailed !) all this steps ?

- I for one, I'm tired of explaining the same thing a thousand times trivial !!!

- It seems that Quinny899's post "howto" & Shano56's post"howto" are not enough !

perhaps i should add this to my howto post

Reactions: surdu_petru

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi , greeting everyone !

I am pleased to present my new Custom Rom - ICS@BLUE_V01 ( Beta) - based on Archos ICS Firmware 4.0.5(4.0.3)...

This release is permanently Rooted, it's Deodexed...and also Busybox is already installed !

Included : 25/03/12

- new boot animation;
    - battery percentage, and other new Icon;
    - several applications in addition ( Office Free, Root-Browser free, Terminal , Chrome_Beta, FaceLock and ....++);
    - enabled init.d for run scripts ;
    - windows animations;
    - increase sdcard speed;
    - zipaling for all apk in /data/app/*;

In the near future :

- preinstalling V6_Supercharger;
    - enabled FaceLock ;
    - other stuff to improve performance ;
    - update ....

How to install :

Since version 4.0.5 - now we have an alternative to transfer ( file -> archos.ext4, archos.ext4.update, archos.squashfs ) into device.
    Once I entered into SDE , to transfer file archos.ext4.update in Internal Storage ...now we need to choose : Export Data Partition <=> /data ....and for 8G & 16G -> just we need to copy this file into /media directory ! ( Precaution : - choose Export Data Partition only when you are connected to a desktop/laptop running Ubuntu ! - otherwise Windows will ask for formatting the partition ....and if you choose YES, than you'll lose all into device, equivalent with ReFormat Device ! )
    After this step ....we need choose into SDE -> Flash Kernel and Initramfs - to copy here zImage and initramfs !

But we can flash this Custom Rom as usual if you have windows PC ( copy archos.ext4.update into Internal Storage or /data/media/ or /mnt/storage/) - than into SDE -> choose Flash Kernel and Initramfs -> here you need to copy zImage and initramfs !

For beginners : you can find installation details here ! => Thanks @Shano56 => http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1542058

The file you need to install : ICS@BLUE_V01 (Beta) is in archive ICS@BLUE_V01.zip and you can download for free here ==>> https://hotfile.com/dl/150205007/141675e/ICSBLUE_V01.zip.html

zImage and Initramfs have not been modified, then you can download from here => http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1560211

Unfortunately this project remains currently in the beta ! I have a lot of work to it...but I hope to come back with an update a little more gratifying !!!
    On the other hand I think is pretty good move, and you can use it without FC or any error ! I tested almost all functions and respond well to all ( of course not yet Games and other .+++) .

ICS@BLUE in pictures :

Bootanimation :
    98035081134283094913.jpg

( Not need to install : Superuser.apk and BusyBox.apk from the Market - they are already installed and updated , latest : Superuser - v.3.0.7(41), busybox - v1.19.3, su - v3.0.3.2 )

This Custom Rom works also on HDD model !

THANKS to @djnilse for Root_Browser Free Edition and for future collaboration, and not least the Great Master LeTama for your help !!! :D

With respect,
    surdu_petru
    How to check if init.d works on every boot and if all apk into /data/app/* were zipaligned with function zipalign ?

To have self control I added a text file into /data/app/ => named "zip_align.txt" ...you can open it with Root-Browser and take a look into it .....you'll see began operation time , state applications directory /data/app/ and End date of operation !
    THANKS !!!!
    i waiting the DL files

For the buzz in FRANCE : http://www.jbmm.fr/?p=27340
    this looks awesome! downloading once my tablet is fixed!
    this looks awesome! downloading once my tablet is fixed!

Hi!

I hope tomorrow will be ok ! Thanks :rolleyes: