[RELEASE] TWRP 2.1.1 for Motorola Defy [2012-04-23]

Search This thread

crz6662

Jan 30, 2009
pgh, pa
Can someone tell me where exactly in GooManager I can find this. Can't find in recoveries or recovery. I would expect that's where it should be. Is it listed under a different name? Would like to try this.

Epsylon3

Jan 25, 2008
Geneva
tanguy.forumdoandroid.com
I wonder if this will be added to cm7 nightlies... cause with each update the cwmr comes back...

no, cm is a whole system... but this new recovery could be included some day, now its fully opensource...

actually required libs are built from an old aosp gingerbread, and use an old patched busybox for tar/gz archives... that should be fixed before it can be in cm repo...

dlhxr

May 26, 2011
New York City
OnePlus One
OnePlus 3
no, cm is a whole system... but this new recovery could be included some day, now its fully opensource...

actually required libs are built from an old aosp gingerbread, and use an old patched busybox for tar/gz archives... that should be fixed before it can be in cm repo...

hey, do you know how to make fonts by myself since the Chinese characters are not supported yet?

ktmbikerman

May 7, 2011
Cape Town
version updated... wonder what the changes are?

EDIT: V2.1.1 looks super slick... very ICSy :) Thanks Epsylon3!

Last edited:

shrek8421

Mar 6, 2012
Bangalore
I am using MB526 running white rabbit 1.5. When I try to install via goomanager app it says "No recoveries were found for this device". Is there no support for defy+ or my specific ROM which is CM7 based anyway

ktmbikerman

May 7, 2011
Cape Town
Compressed Backups on 2.1.1

There's something a little odd going on with the backups.

I checked the "compress backup" box and performed a full backup, it was done in a few seconds... too fast.

Then I unchecked the "compress backup" box and it took the correct time to make the backup, but it appeared to be making two of each backups.

When I looked at the files created with a file manager, there were indeed 2 backup folders, but the files in the first one (compressed) were created after the 2nd one. The folder size of the compressed backup is marginally smaller as only the system file was compressed.

So, it appears as if TWRP gave the "success" indication a bit prematurely while doing the first compressed backup.

EDIT1: I checked out the new baseband selector in CM7 then came back to CM9, restoring the uncompressed backup, worked perfectly.

EDIT2: Performed another compressed backup, took much longer this time (233 sec for system) and all 7 files were created properly and the sizes were significantly reduced.

Conclusion: the first dodgy compressed backup was a glitch - not easily repeatable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hairo The Blue Mage

trixhammerbord

Jun 19, 2011
stuck in android logo

hi mate i'd tried to install TWRP on my defy but it does'nt work.

When i try to boot my phone into recovery it says something like its not available, then i try to reboot the phone and it stuck in red"M" logo.. I try to flash full sbf to fix this but it stuck in android logo...

Please help me find another way to fix my device;)

niksy+

Jan 16, 2012
hi mate i'd tried to install TWRP on my defy but it does'nt work.

When i try to boot my phone into recovery it says something like its not available, then i try to reboot the phone and it stuck in red"M" logo.. I try to flash full sbf to fix this but it stuck in android logo...

Please help me find another way to fix my device;)

Is it the android with the exclamation mark? Then press both volume buttons (if you are on Gingerbread) or the power button (if you are on Froyo) for the menu to appear, then do a data wipe and cache wipe and reboot, that should fix it :)

Reactions: trixhammerbord

trixhammerbord

Jun 19, 2011
it is'nt the android logo with exclamation, its the "android" logo itself, the original boot logo after the red"M" ... Im stuck with it

Anyway i did'nt try your steps yet... Gonna try it after work

Any other way?:confused:

adamo3957

Aug 17, 2011
it is'nt the android logo with exclamation, its the "android" logo itself, the original boot logo after the red"M" ... Im stuck with it

Anyway i did'nt try your steps yet... Gonna try it after work

Any other way?:confused:

Hop over the the general thread and check the beginners guides, your stuck in a boot loop

Press and hold volume - when you turn the phone on and keep it held, you will see an android with an exclaimtion mark in a triangle the let go of volume -

Now press volume down and you will get the menu, navigate to factory reset and select with power button, once its done reboot and it will take time but it will boot

teamwork makes the dream work

Reactions: trixhammerbord

notes1

Jul 2, 2011
Auckland
Following instructions on website, using goo.im:

Clicked menu, install Open recovery script, yes... "no recoveries found for your device"???????

MB525 epsylon3 28/04 ics

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IMG_20120406_195041.jpg
    2012-04-23_21-12-49_839.jpg

Yes, that's right, TWRP 2.1.0 is out RIGHT NOW! Hit the links below for a list of changes or install it via the GooManager app!

Team Win Recovery Project 2.1, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

DOWNLOAD:
    The fastest and easiest way to install TWRP is to use the GooManager app:
    Play Store Link
    Direct Download
    You can find more information and download links on our website!
    Or get the signed zip attached here for the defy

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's very hard to keep up with multiple threads for multiple devices. Please search the issues list first. Your issue may have already been reported.

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

---

installs, backup and restore tested, compatible cm7 and ics (and with my rom updater tool too) without any tweak.

Defy Page : http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2/91

Sources are published here and here

To compile it yourself : http://rootzwiki.com/topic/23903-how-to-compile-twrp-from-source/
    a word of caution... the latest quarx build 020812 and TWRP are not compatible, if you flash TWRP you will not be able to access recovery and you'll have to start all over by flashing an sbf
    I wonder if this will be added to cm7 nightlies... cause with each update the cwmr comes back...

How to update bootmenu ?

here it's a update file made by @nepotu ,wich contains bootmenu 1.1.8 , TWRP 2.1.0 , multiboot 0.5.3 and CWM 5.0.6
    http://db.tt/o0kNpJMv

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk
    i don't know what new features TWRP has except the beautiful GUI...
    if there's no other features, i can't see a good point to do this. We don't use the recovery very often.
    but thanks for your efforts for porting cm7&cm9 any way.

I'm using recovery very often and a touch-ui is really good to protect physical buttons. :)