[q] galaxy tab s 8.4 lte cpu

Search This thread

bentee20

Sep 5, 2014
HI,

I purchased a galaxy tab S 8.4 with LTE capabilities.
upon checking my CPU, all benchmarking tools pointed out that my CPU is a samsung exynos 5420 1.9ghz!

if I am not mistaken, this is the CPU of the WIFI only version.

I am suppose to get a Snapdragon 800 2.3 GHZ with my LTE version.

can anyone clarify on this? should I return it to the store and have them replace my unit with an appropriate specification?

thanks!

UpInTheAir

Account currently disabled
Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
HI,

I purchased a galaxy tab S 8.4 with LTE capabilities.
upon checking my CPU, all benchmarking tools pointed out that my CPU is a samsung exynos 5420 1.9ghz!

if I am not mistaken, this is the CPU of the WIFI only version.

I am suppose to get a Snapdragon 800 2.3 GHZ with my LTE version.

can anyone clarify on this? should I return it to the store and have them replace my unit with an appropriate specification?

thanks!

This had been answered many times. ...

I'll answer again. Your eyes don't lie.

At the moment, all international SGT-S 8.4 and 10.5 WIFI and LTE devices use the same Exynos processor + Mali GPU.

I have not yet seen any official Samsung website stating otherwise.

There may be some USA "carrier variant" using Snapdragon + Adreno though, but not seen any user post confirming device in hand.

bentee20

Sep 5, 2014
This had been answered many times. ...

I'll answer again. Your eyes don't lie.

At the moment, all international SGT-S 8.4 and 10.5 WIFI and LTE devices use the same Exynos processor + Mali GPU.

I have not yet seen any official Samsung website stating otherwise.

There may be some USA "carrier variant" using Snapdragon + Adreno though, but not seen any user post confirming device in hand.

thank you for the explanation... the sales guy told me it was a 2.3 snapdragon. went back to the store and demanded a refund.. got a discount instead so still win...