[MOD] [SYSTEMUI] Enable Wifi Toggle / Reconfigure and theme toggles [ICS Blue!]

Search This thread

MAD Industries

Oct 5, 2010
Los Angeles
This update zip will replace the SystemUI.apk with one that has the wifi toggle switch enabled in the notification panel. Flash with recovery. A thanks to Cheater912 for requesting this mod.

Note: The toggle switches have been slightly rearranged per my preferences. If you would prefer do have a different order, post reply below. :)

Please note that there are different versions for stock and for beans rom. Beans are marked accordingly. However,the launcher you are using does not matter.

quicksettings.png

Description (ordered)
WifiToggle: BT/Wifi/GPS/Orientation/Sound/PowerSave/Airplane/DrivingMode/MobileData
ReturnToStock: Stock SystemUI for touchwiz devices (not beans)
WifiToggleBeansRom: Same as WifiToggle but made for Beans Rom (edit: confirmed working)
AntiToggle: Completely removes toggles

Personalized (ordered)
WifiToggleTokedUp: WiFi/MobileData/AirplaneMode/GPS/Bluetooth
WifiToggleSchaweet: Wifi/BT/GPS/Sound/Airplane/Orientation/PowerSave/DrivingMode/MobileData/Sync
WifiToggleSkiddingus: BT/Wifi/GPS/Orientation/Sound
WifiToggleDataBuddyRevell: BT/Wifi/GPS/Orientation/MobileData/Sound/PowerSave/Airplane/DrivingMode
WifiToggleNightxFall-Beans: BT/Wifi/GPS/Orientation/MobileData/Sound/PowerSave/Airplane/DrivingMode (for beans only)
WifiToggleSchaweet-Beans: Wifi/BT/GPS/Sound/Airplane/Orientation/PowerSave/DrivingMode/MobileData/Sync (for beans only)
WifiToggleSkiddingus-Beans: BT/Wifi/GPS/Orientation/Sound (for beans only)
WifiToggleRevolt1: MobileData/GPS/WiFi/Airplane/Sound

Personalized versions can be found here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ICS Blue Mod EDIT: Ghosting should be fixed now
icsblue.png

I will not be accepting custom requests for the ICS Blue series due to the number of files involved. I apologize for the inconvenience. I wasn't expecting such a huge amount of traffic and requests coming in. Thanks for being a great and active community. I will work to develop a solution with which to allow customized versions of it in the near future. I might create an ICS blue version for the second most popular toggle configuration based on dl count. Most likely one with MobileData in the first section.

The current configuration is as follows:
-Toggle Order: BT/Wifi/GPS/Orientation/Sound/PowerSave/Airplane/DrivingMode/MobileData/Sync
-All Toggles are themed blue
-Battery Icon is themed blue

EDIT: GREEN BEANS IS FIXED!! (no really, it is this time. tested + confirmed)

Both stock and beans versions are available. See attached
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To-Do List (bean support where noted) REQUESTS ARE NOW CLOSED (SEE EXPLANATION BELOW)
-kill gps crosshairs (multiple requests) See here for progress
-stock with wifi instead of screen rotation (stam2000) [In Progress]
-wifi/sound/mobiledata/screenrotate/airplane/powersave (cvballa3g0) [In Progress]
-remove "battery is full" notification (revolt1) See here for progress
-color date ICS blue (Schaweet)
-AntiToggle w/ ICS Blue battery (aatrek)
-Wifi/BT/GPS/Airplane/Orientation/Sound/DrivingMode/MobileData/Sync (Zoandroid)
-No Animation (MAD Industries)

if you are on this list and you are using the bean rom and the entry is not marked for bean, please send me a PM so I can correct it

CLOSED: Because I need to develop a system to more quickly and dynamically generate these files. This will allow a greater level of support as well as personalization. The tradeoff is time. I will have to devote a certain amount of time to this project instead of the requests once I am through with the current list. Rest assured if you are on the list right now, you have priority. Thank you for all the positive feedback this thread has gained. It's had much more impact than I could have imagined.

--

Attachments

• WifiToggle.zip
    973.9 KB · Views: 2,135
  • ReturnToStock.zip
    957.9 KB · Views: 800
  • WifiToggleBeansRom.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 444
  • ICSBlue-WifiToggleTokedUp.zip
    963.2 KB · Views: 436
  • AntiToggle.zip
    970.4 KB · Views: 127
  • AntiToggle-Beans.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 112
  • ICSBlueFull.zip
    963.2 KB · Views: 1,062
  • ICSBlueFull-Beans.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 403
Last edited:

thekendog

Jul 25, 2011
This update zip will replace the SystemUI.apk with one that has the wifi toggle switch enabled in the notification panel. Flash with recovery.

Note: The toggle switches have been slightly rearranged per my preferences. If you would prefer do have a different order, post reply below. :)

EDIT: This is for stock roms with touchwizUI. However,the launcher you are using does not matter.

Could you possibly explain which xml files and which parts of those files to edit in order to get rid of certain toggles? I only want 5 total toggles on there and am just now learning how to edit this stuff.

TokedUp

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 27, 2010
Hellz Kitchen, NYC
WOW thanks a lot this is great! Can you post a Screen shot?

Any chance you can make one with just GPS, WiFi, Mobile Data, Airplane Mode, Bluetooth? in that order? Im on VZW btw

Last edited:

MAD Industries

Oct 5, 2010
Los Angeles
Could you possibly explain which xml files and which parts of those files to edit in order to get rid of certain toggles? I only want 5 total toggles on there and am just now learning how to edit this stuff.

Sure. You will want to decompile /system/app/SystemUI.apk using apktool. (dont forget to apktool if framework-res.apk so you dont get decompile errors, also make a backup of SystemUI.apk) Then go to /SystemUI/res/values/arrays.xml and you will find a quicksettings array. That will list both the order and type of toggles. You just add/remove/move the lines around. ;)

EDIT: Also, you cant just recompile and push to phone. You must recompile and pull the resources.arsc out of the new apk and then slip that into the original apk file that you pulled.

If you need more specific help, join me on freenode. #verizons3

Any chance you can make one with just WiFi, Mobile Data, Airplane Mode, GPS, Bluetooth? in that order?

Yes, and yes.

Last edited:

manchild83

Nov 20, 2007
*Edit*
I tried this and it did add the wifi toggle.
*Edit*

Tried the new version and it worked. I love it when developers help us put the phone in a condition that the manufacturer intended and not the way Verizon wants it. Thank you.

Last edited:

MAD Industries

Oct 5, 2010
Los Angeles
Yeah it did nothing for me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Sheer awesomeness ....

Edit: Flashed this twice and nothing changed ...

PJ
Phoenix AZ

I tried this and it did not add the wifi toggle.

same here, using ADW EX Launcher with Dark Edge Theme loaded

Should be good to go now :)

MAD Industries

Oct 5, 2010
Los Angeles
Can you add a brightness toggle?

Please. With the option of changing percentages too would be awesome.. like 30, 50, 70, full.... but not necessary. Thanks for this man. The wifi was really the only thing i was missing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

That is a significantly more amount of work. This is just a quick hack. That doesn't mean it wont be done though. I'll look into it. That's usually the sort of thing to include with a rom.

baudi11

Dec 23, 2008
Dumb noob question

What does "flash with recovery" mean?

If I already have a rooted phone, can I just rename the existing SystemUI.apk and copy this one into its directory with Root Explorer?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This update zip will replace the SystemUI.apk with one that has the wifi toggle switch enabled in the notification panel. Flash with recovery. A thanks to Cheater912 for requesting this mod.

Please note that there are different versions for stock and for beans rom. Beans are marked accordingly. However,the launcher you are using does not matter.

quicksettings.png

Description (ordered)
    WifiToggle: BT/Wifi/GPS/Orientation/Sound/PowerSave/Airplane/DrivingMode/MobileData
    ReturnToStock: Stock SystemUI for touchwiz devices (not beans)
    WifiToggleBeansRom: Same as WifiToggle but made for Beans Rom (edit: confirmed working)
    AntiToggle: Completely removes toggles

Personalized (ordered)
    WifiToggleSchaweet: Wifi/BT/GPS/Sound/Airplane/Orientation/PowerSave/DrivingMode/MobileData/Sync
    WifiToggleDataBuddyRevell: BT/Wifi/GPS/Orientation/MobileData/Sound/PowerSave/Airplane/DrivingMode
    WifiToggleNightxFall-Beans: BT/Wifi/GPS/Orientation/MobileData/Sound/PowerSave/Airplane/DrivingMode (for beans only)
    WifiToggleSchaweet-Beans: Wifi/BT/GPS/Sound/Airplane/Orientation/PowerSave/DrivingMode/MobileData/Sync (for beans only)

Personalized versions can be found here.

ICS Blue Mod EDIT: Ghosting should be fixed now
    icsblue.png

I will not be accepting custom requests for the ICS Blue series due to the number of files involved. I apologize for the inconvenience. I wasn't expecting such a huge amount of traffic and requests coming in. Thanks for being a great and active community. I will work to develop a solution with which to allow customized versions of it in the near future. I might create an ICS blue version for the second most popular toggle configuration based on dl count. Most likely one with MobileData in the first section.

The current configuration is as follows:
    -Toggle Order: BT/Wifi/GPS/Orientation/Sound/PowerSave/Airplane/DrivingMode/MobileData/Sync
    -All Toggles are themed blue
    -Battery Icon is themed blue

EDIT: GREEN BEANS IS FIXED!! (no really, it is this time. tested + confirmed)

Both stock and beans versions are available. See attached

To-Do List (bean support where noted) REQUESTS ARE NOW CLOSED (SEE EXPLANATION BELOW)
    -kill gps crosshairs (multiple requests) See here for progress
    -stock with wifi instead of screen rotation (stam2000) [In Progress]
    -wifi/sound/mobiledata/screenrotate/airplane/powersave (cvballa3g0) [In Progress]
    -remove "battery is full" notification (revolt1) See here for progress
    -color date ICS blue (Schaweet)
    -AntiToggle w/ ICS Blue battery (aatrek)
    -Wifi/BT/GPS/Airplane/Orientation/Sound/DrivingMode/MobileData/Sync (Zoandroid)
    -No Animation (MAD Industries)

if you are on this list and you are using the bean rom and the entry is not marked for bean, please send me a PM so I can correct it

CLOSED: Because I need to develop a system to more quickly and dynamically generate these files. This will allow a greater level of support as well as personalization. The tradeoff is time. I will have to devote a certain amount of time to this project instead of the requests once I am through with the current list. Rest assured if you are on the list right now, you have priority. Thank you for all the positive feedback this thread has gained. It's had much more impact than I could have imagined.

--
    Personalized Zips

If you could do a beans one with wifi, blue tooth, gps, brightness, sound and airplane mode if it fits on one screen in that order you'd be my hero. You have a donation link on the full Site? I'm just on the phone app.

Sent from my SGS3

Here you go. All but brightness unfortunately.

Awesome! Works great! The order you chose is great. It if were up to me I would delete the second screen of toggles. I personally never use any of them. The first screen contains the only useful ones. imo

And yours too! Only the necessary ones ;)

Personalized (ordered)

Any chance you can make one with just GPS, WiFi, Mobile Data, Airplane Mode, Bluetooth? in that order? Im on VZW btw

Here you are. Enjoy!
    I got it!! I had to drag the aapt.exe into the cmd window then do the apktool if command, and then the apktool d systemui....etc. Is the wifi mode called WiFi? that's what i put. but now i have to recompile and stuff. ill be back

nope. <item>Wifi</item> its case sensitive. upper W, lower f

Also, FF33B5E5 is the color value for ICS blue.

Thanks! Any luck on removing all the toggles completely? I'd love to donate to the cause for that one.

Yeah a little bit. Just trying to get it to look "normal" as if there was never anything there. I'll get it. It's just one of the longer and more niche requests. I want to get the ICS blue out and then this one if that works for you.
    stock ROM and ICS and thanks mad
    you so crazy lol

Done: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28829000&postcount=67

Beginning work on the GPS crosshairs