SPLs for DREA100 & DREA110 (Orig, Eng, Hard) [updated 2009-05-12]

Search This thread

sawlwin

Feb 22, 2007
Hi Jashsu & coolbho,

Thanks for your replies... In that case, how should I get it unlocked?
Currently, I'll be using it in Singapore & I was not able to do anything on the phone.
Everytime I turn on the phone, it always request the SIM unlock code... & was not able to login Google to activate the phone.

Just to clarity, is it locked by T-mobile? Or sth wrong with the phone?

coolbho3000

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Dec 26, 2008
it is locked by T-Mobile. Call their customer support (1-800-TMOBILE) which is most likely long distance for you or email them (I'm not sure where) and explain your circumstances. you will need the imei number under the battery (very important) They might give you a code. If they won't you will have to pay for one from one of those sites. there is no "soft unlock" yet.

Smokuevo

Apr 26, 2008
Schaumburg
i tried installing the engineer boot and it says cant load update.zip press home and return to reboot. i got the new rc 30 JFv1.31

K

korndub

i tried installing the engineer boot and it says cant load update.zip press home and return to reboot. i got the new rc 30 JFv1.31
more info? did you name the file Update.zip, do you have the modded recovery image please describe the issue in greater detail....

hmepas

Dec 4, 2008
Just wanted to add, if you constantantly running into
Code:
FAILED (data transerf failur (Too many links))
error while trying to flash images (on data transfer stage) then try to change cable. Common mini-usb works fine. Keep in mind this "use cable with ferrite core" note of initial post isn't just a words.

kylebrodeur

Dec 8, 2008
before it shows the skateboarders

it says Loading...

no img found

then goes to the skateboarders.

what does this mean.

jashsu

Nov 15, 2008
Is this thread somehow could be connected with Overclocking of the processor?? And is the overclocking of the G1's 7201 can be done?
Not as far as I can tell. There may be undocumented ways to change the processor clocking speed, but most likely it would be done in Android runtime, not the SPL. Also the G1, like many mobile devices, is constrained by memory bandwidth, not clock speed. See here.

neoobs

Retired Moderator
Mar 25, 2008
You don't need one but they say it does help in protecting from corruption (I have yet to have any corruption on the phone and I don't have a ferrite usb)

chicojd

You need the DREAIMG.nbh that will take you back...

before it shows the skateboarders

it says Loading...

no img found

then goes to the skateboarders.

what does this mean.

Back to RC29, then you have to use the telnetd command and download a telnet app from the market to root and install the new JF 1.41 or 1.31 (your choice, but 1.41 also includes multi touch on the browser!)... Check out the root thread on this forum for full instructions... oh, and make SURE your SD is formatted FAT32, not FAT!!! I found this out the hard way. The .nbh file MUST be in the root of the SD. Once you have it there, insert the card, power off the phone and power up while holding the camera button. The image will install and you're off to the races.

JD

T-Mobile G1 (formerly stock RC30, now JF1.41)

jashsu

Nov 15, 2008
do we really need to use a Ferrite usb? i dont have one? and i havent used one thru out all the G1 modding. whats the purpose of it? i just been using the USB that came with the phone.

i want to do up the HardSPL..............so do i really need the Ferrite USB?
Some computers seem to have more problems with RF interference on the usb bus than others. Try looking for an old unused data cable that might have a detachable ferrite core you can salvage to attach to your usb cable. If you have transferred a lot of files over the usb with no corruption issues before then I suppose you can go without it. Since the SPLs are flashed using the recovery, all the data will be checked for integrity anyway.

Under no circumstance would I recommend transferring data over a usb without a core if it won't be verified for integrity (e.g. nandroid)

robpet2

Sep 6, 2006
Virginia
www.myspace.com
Has anyone tried this update.zip to revert to the original SPL bootloader? I need to bring my G1 in for warranty. Camera is toast.

were u able to get it back to the orig spl, im having problems getting mine from hardspl back to g1origspl..
need to send mine back got a replacement, and the update.zip keeps giving this error -
E:No signature ( 5 files )
E: Verification Failed
installation aborted

----
or do i need to do something else???
I downgraded from jesusfreke 1.41 back to the rc29, that went thru fine, now just gotta remove the hardspl in case they inspect it when tmobile gets it back

robpet2

Sep 6, 2006
Virginia
www.myspace.com
Figured it out... need root access to put the spl back on the device... i re - rooted in telnet, rebooted alt +s, then it went thru with no problems....
will do a wipe again, and reinstall the rc29 just to make sure there are no traces of rooting the g1, and changing the spl.

coolbho3000

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Dec 26, 2008
I have a question. The newest ADP1 update prompts those of us with HardSPL to reflash the original ADP1 SPL. This concerns me - I am prone to press the update button accidentally, and the phone might be low on battery power during the update. Is it possible to make a "disguised" version of HardSPL to look like the original SPL so this does not happen in the future?

To the ferrite USB guys: Since the signature is verified anyway, any corruption in the file will cause the phone to reject the update. I'd be more worried about the reliability of the SD card used and the amount of battery power in the phone while flashing the update. And how securely both are plugged in.

Last edited: