New Dopod ROM for HTC Excalibur 1.15.707.2

Search This thread

sting0r

Aug 14, 2005
I am wondering if this works on the dash or do I need to unlock it? Also, I am hoping this will work with BB Connect since it was released by Dopod just a week ago...

pvenkat

Jan 17, 2004
New Jersey
OK.

I am doing it now and I am flashing my DASH with the Dopod ROM. I was holding off on flashing with the test rom before and I didn't do the SPL bootloader upgrade. I'll confirm if it works with BBConnect.

EDIT: Looks like it doesn't work with TMobile DASH...It returned invalid model ID error. I am going to try and upgrade the bootloader first and see.

pvenkat

Jan 17, 2004
New Jersey
It didn't work for me. It looks like my dash needs to be cid unlocked first. I tried to do the bootloader upgrade and it didn't work for me. My unit just sim unlocked. How do I go about unlocking the cid as well?

Thanks

Last edited:

siii

Oct 3, 2006
Hmmm.. I get an error [294] invalid Vendor Error. Weird Cuz i can Flash the HTC Excalibur test roms with no problem..

Here's the explanation of the error from the rom Readme file:

ERROR [242] : INVALID LANGUAGE
ERROR [244] : INVALID MODEL ID
ERROR [294] : INVALID VENDER ID
ERROR [296] : UPGRADE ONLY

One of these error messages will appear when you use the wrong RUU to do the upgrade. RUU will check if the Model ID and Language ID are compatible with the device. Make sure you use the appropriate RUU tool to upgrade.

Last edited:

sting0r

Aug 14, 2005
IMEI-CHECK will CID unlock it for $38 until someone writes a free app to do it.

Does anyone know who wrote the program for the old XDAs and the Wizard? Perhaps they can update it relatively easily to work on the Excalibur. Is there any other way to fool the program into thinking this is the right device and force the upgrade????

Troy McClure

Sep 19, 2006
I have an unlocked Dash and no go for me. Mine is CID unlocked via the $38 method as well as it is currently flashed with the previous excalibur rom.

drunknmunkie

Feb 17, 2006
Dumfries
dmunkie.droppages.com
I have an unocked DASH and was able to load up the dopod rom. first you have to load up the boot loader rom thats and the ftp here, then loadup the dopod rom. I've had my dash unlock since day one from imei-check.
it loaded up just fine. the big difference i've noticed is that now when I hold down a key the alternate keys charater appears like in the tmobile rom. The font is a little bit bigger, which don't mind at all. I'm using the dash on cungular currently. i've noticed my call clarity is a bit better and the recption is better.

later,
DMunkie

Top Liked Posts