[BOOTANIMATION][MAR 10] Optimized ics boot animation - New High Quality Images - Host

Search This thread

BlackDino

Sep 11, 2010
Deep blacks, Rich colors, and now sharp high quality thanks to TheRoosevelt

This is an optimized version of the ics boot animation specifically designed for the super amoled screen

Mar 10 - TheRoosevelt updated for a more clear and sharp boot image
Re-Hosted!
http://www.mediafire.com/?we48e2xsx27y2x8

old
Dec 27th - Update for 4.0.3
This is a CWM flashable, flash through the recovery
http://www.multiupload.com/QZ6Q4HQGIZ

You will need to push these manually
Download

Dec 8th - Update with faster animation and smoother graphics
Download

Last edited:

BlackDino

Sep 11, 2010
Data/Local?

The boot animation sits in System/Media. That's where I push mine too :confused:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

It works either place, but anytime you flash a new rom it will overwrite the boot animation in system/media

jabberwocky127

Dec 25, 2010
West Lafayette, Indiana
I pushed the bootanimation.zip with "adb push bootanimation.zip /Data/Local" and it said the file was transferred, but nothing seems to have happened. Any ideas?

EDIT:

Nevermind, I got it by trying a few different things at once. Not sure what I threw at it to make it stick, but something worked :p

Last edited:

SchmeeForce

May 22, 2011
Plymouth
When you run the "adb push bootanimation.zip System/Media", where does the bootanimation.zip need to be placed initially?

Sorry for the noob question

Last edited:

SilentMobius

Apr 17, 2007
When you run the "adb push bootanimation.zip System/Media", where does the bootanimation.zip need to be placed initially?

Sorry for the noob question

The format for the command is:

adb push <full path to source file> <full path to destination>

Hence where you put is is up to you, given that the example usage just states "bootanimation.zip" then it will look for that file in the current working directory.

Also note that the destination should be "/system/media" (no caps)

BlackDino

Sep 11, 2010
The format for the command is:

adb push <full path to source file> <full path to destination>

Hence where you put is is up to you, given that the example usage just states "bootanimation.zip" then it will look for that file in the current working directory.

Also note that the destination should be "/system/media" (no caps)

if you want it in the system folder you will first have to do the following

adb remount

Bakedbread

Nov 25, 2009
i used Root explorer to copy bootanimation.zip to system/media and i tried data/local as well

i just renamed the original to bootanimation.zip.bak

but it doenst seem to be working =/
I tried both folders but it still looks like the low res boot animation

do i HAVE to use adb to push the file? I thought root explorer would be the same because i mount the drive as R/W before copying. Or maybe it has to do with permissions...

I'm using AndroidHD 1.3.1 ROM which supposedly supports custom bootanimations too btw

BlackDino

Sep 11, 2010
i used Root explorer to copy bootanimation.zip to system/media and i tried data/local as well

i just renamed the original to bootanimation.zip.bak

but it doenst seem to be working =/
I tried both folders but it still looks like the low res boot animation

do i HAVE to use adb to push the file? I thought root explorer would be the same because i mount the drive as R/W before copying. Or maybe it has to do with permissions...

I'm using AndroidHD 1.3.1 ROM which supposedly supports custom bootanimations too btw

There is no change in resolution,
It would be impossible for me to upres the bootanimation without completely recreating it

Top Liked Posts