"Petition" Qualcomm for ICS Drivers Compiled for ARMv6

Search This thread

Stevemotto

Dec 21, 2011
Sydney
Hey Guys, we can finally get ICS drivers if we sign this petition and get more supporters. There are currently 2500+ supporters, so it would be great if you guys contributed by signing the petition like I did (its not hard).

GO TO THIS LINK TO SIGN THE PETITION (PLEASE DON'T SPAM): http://www.groubal.com/ics-drivers-compiled-for-armv6-from-qualcomm/

If we get enough, Qualcomm may compile the drivers for us so we can get the full ICS rom experience :).

Original thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1551784

ali ba

Retired Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
Vienna
derhofbauer.at
Please don't forget that even if there were binary drivers suitable to run msm7k on ICS we'd still need an updated kernel (kgsl, etc) to use them.

Alunduyn

Mar 23, 2012
If I heard right, Qualcomm has released the drivers!

Anyway, zeubea's ICS ROM now should have them.

Me4mario

Dec 12, 2010
Heerlen
What must I do?

Well I'm glad to see the Legend is evolving again, but I'm a bit of a Noob in these things...

Should I (as just a user, not a dev) download these new drivers, and flash them?
Or are these new drives just for devs, to make new ROMs?
Sorry if this was just a silly question...

janu7520

Apr 21, 2012
we can finally get ICS drivers

Hey Guys, we can finally get ICS drivers if we sign this petition and get more supporters. There are currently 2500+ supporters, so it would be great if you guys contributed by signing the petition like I did (its not hard).

GO TO THIS LINK TO SIGN THE PETITION (PLEASE DON'T SPAM):

If we get enough, Qualcomm may compile the drivers for us so we can get the full ICS rom experience .

Stevemotto

Dec 21, 2011
Sydney

GO TO THIS LINK TO SIGN THE PETITION (PLEASE DON'T SPAM):

If we get enough, Qualcomm may compile the drivers for us so we can get the full ICS rom experience .

lol wut? Not sure if this is a bad troll but its been released for a while already o-0

Sent from my Legend using xda premium

Me4mario

Dec 12, 2010
Heerlen
So...

So I shouldn't care about this new driver, as it is only important for the developers?
I should only be happy, because now there will be better-looking ROMs like CM9 BETA0 based port for Legend , right?

Correct me if I'm wrong, please...

Stevemotto

Dec 21, 2011
Sydney
So I shouldn't care about this new driver, as it is only important for the developers?
I should only be happy, because now there will be better-looking ROMs like CM9 BETA0 based port for Legend , right?

Umm, that's not what I meant lol... Sure you can be happy if you want but the person that will put it to use is the developer to create a rom for you to enjoy.
So you aren't entirely wrong.

Reactions: Me4mario

ali ba

Retired Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
Vienna
derhofbauer.at
As much as we all, the likelihood of him returning back is less than 50%. I think his still looking into GB for Legend in CM.

Well, then you actually know more than I do. :)

Maintaining the Gingerbread port doesn't mean I'm not looking into possibilities for ICS on the Legend – we're just not doing half-done crap-releases. CM is our baby, we treat it nicely. :D

I'm still here, my Legend's still working and it (and a lot of other CM7 devices based on capable msm7k chipsets) will get an ICS port once a few requirements are off our list of obstacles (quite big list, quite big obstacles).

One of these requirements – an Adreno driver for ICS – was just recently met and yes, I'm pretty excited about that. Unfortunately there's still one big piece missing (OMX).

Stevemotto

Dec 21, 2011
Sydney
Well, then you actually know more than I do. :)

Maintaining the Gingerbread port doesn't mean I'm not looking into possibilities for ICS on the Legend – we're just not doing half-done crap-releases. CM is our baby, we treat it nicely. :D

I'm still here, my Legend's still working and it (and a lot of other CM7 devices based on capable msm7k chipsets) will get an ICS port once a few requirements are off our list of obstacles (quite big list, quite big obstacles).

One of these requirements – an Adreno driver for ICS – was just recently met and yes, I'm pretty excited about that. Unfortunately there's still one big piece missing (OMX).

So if you have what you need then you will be releasing it? I thought cm gave on up the legend because it didn't have enough ram.

Glad to hear that your still attempting to compile an ICS rom for the legend :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GO TO THIS LINK TO SIGN THE PETITION (PLEASE DON'T SPAM): http://www.groubal.com/ics-drivers-compiled-for-armv6-from-qualcomm/

If we get enough, Qualcomm may compile the drivers for us so we can get the full ICS rom experience :).

Original thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1551784

Umm, that's not what I meant lol... Sure you can be happy if you want but the person that will put it to use is the developer to create a rom for you to enjoy.
    So you aren't entirely wrong.