[Q] Samsung Infuse Gingerbread 2.3.6 update caused camera and music player problems.

Search This thread

tankwars99

Apr 26, 2012
Newalla
I recently updated my Samsung Infuse to the fairly new Gingerbread 2.3.6 update. It was a modded version I think, my brother applied it for me, it was suppose to come rooted (why I believe it's modded.) When I open my camera, it says, "camera failed" and I have to restart my phone to get it to work, which I shouldn't have to do. When I try to play my music it says something along the lines of 'music player cannot play this type of file' (i will post exactly what it says when I find out.) When I do restart phone it works fine for a few hours but then messes up again. I have had my Samsung Infuse since December, and had problems with the first one I had, it would say the Sim was inactive and it had a dead pixel (as does this one but I don't mind where it's at) and had it replaced and this is the first problem with this one. Please help me I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!!

J

jscott30

How long ago was it updated, and can you find out for sure what rom was used to update the phone? I've used all of the stock based Gingerbread roms on here, and have never had any of the problems you describe.

Get us a little more information, though, and maybe we can help you troubleshoot. The camera problem sounds hardware related if you are in fact on a stock Gingerbread rom. Also, what type of music file are you trying to play?

tankwars99

Apr 26, 2012
Newalla
My brother said it was just the stock rom with root added. It was applied just yesterday, and the music file are all MP3, And everything works perfectly fine after a reboot.

Last edited:
J

jscott30

Sounds like something wasn't done right. Here's what I would do, because something is corrupt.

Back up all music files, etc. to your computer.

Go to this link for the package that I put together (It's nothing fancy, just the exact bits from Samsung / AT&T for UCLB3 Gingerbread with root added.):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1613523

Reinstall the package. After you follow ALL of the instructions there, including the ones for wiping user data and cache, let the phone boot.

Go to settings / sd card and phone storage / Format USB storage. Let it format.

If you've kept music files on the external sd card, format both the internal sd and the external sd. Be sure that you've saved anything you want to keep to your computer, because this will wipe these partitions clean.

After that, go to settings / privacy / factory data reset / reset phone and reset the phone to factory defaults.

Put your music and other files back on the phone.

Last edited:

tankwars99

Apr 26, 2012
Newalla
I can't do a reset yet. I wait a little while to see if it fixes over time, if not, then I will do all that. Thanks for the help. I know you probably won't wait for that long, because it will be around a week or two, so thank you.

Whizzpopper

Apr 4, 2012
Iowa
Could well be that he installed Dman's rooted stock Rom but didn't follow the instructions completely. After you install the rom, you need to flash the stock kernel. Here's his post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22775901&postcount=1

Does that sound like it could be the problem? You talk about music playback - I don't know the extent to which that could be a problem. Anyway, just a thought. Check in with other people here before you go flashing your kernel!

Last edited: