[Q] Problem with GPS

Search This thread

rayr29

Jan 17, 2011
As the title says-I can't get the gps to work no matter what I try.
I know it's not something that hasn't been discussed here before but I tried everything.
GPS status shows zero satellites, tried to config the gps.conf as well as any other fix. You name it, I tried it.

Now I use Nexus HD ics by tytung. Excellent rom except that issue which I don't think is rom related.
Back in the days I was on froyo with a sense rom and everything was ok. GB with cm7 was fine too.
But now I can't get a fix, and I also tried to revert back to cm7 and still gps won't get a fix.
Also note that on google maps I can get a location but that's due to network working in the background.

Tried a different radio, kernel and what not...
Any ideas? is the GPS gone for good? and way for me to validate that this is a hardware issue?

Thanks for anyone who read this far!,

a guy who can get lost :/

rayr29

Jan 17, 2011
Back up your stuff and return to stock WinMo, check GPS outdoors.

Sent from my HD2 using xda app-developers app

Thanks for your advice. Did that today and nothing. WinMo can't find a satellite...damn..

So it's bye-bye GPS? One thing is now that I think about it is that I stayed with the HSPL when WinMo was on.
Does that matter?

Marvlesz

Jun 28, 2010
Saudi Arabia
Thanks for your advice. Did that today and nothing. WinMo can't find a satellite...damn..

So it's bye-bye GPS? One thing is now that I think about it is that I stayed with the HSPL when WinMo was on.
Does that matter?

As far as I know, no. HSPL shouldn't interfere here.
What was the last time the GPS worked? What happened after that? Have you dropped your phone or something?

rayr29

Jan 17, 2011
As far as I know, no. HSPL shouldn't interfere here.
What was the last time the GPS worked? What happened after that? Have you dropped your phone or something?

It's hard for me to remember when and where but I guess I dropped it one or more. Can't really say
when I know for a fact the GPS worked but it did. I'm waiting for my T5 screwdriver to take a look at
the GPS antenna. I just hope it's just a matter of the antenna not "sitting" right.