[1-1-10][VGA]Sense 2.1 and Manila 2.1 Panoramic Background

Search This thread

Krzysiec

Aug 22, 2008
Rzeszów
Great mod ;) But if U guys know something about editing manila files ... Maybe U can create mod for same background on all tabs for yozgatg manila 2.1 ? That would be so great !!!

korytr

Jul 5, 2008
Can you tell me where exactly this mod is installed? Because when I want to remove it, it can't be removed completely. Now Manila 2.1 on my Diamond has no more dimmed background when I change tabs.

Mayonesa

Jan 31, 2009
how do you change the background?

i have tried but with no luck....

im even getting a blend of the original energy rom background and the one from the main cab found here.... weird

stixnstownes

Dec 15, 2007
Orlando
great mod! :D
just curiously, is there any chance on removing the cuts in between each image? sometimes they get in the way..
but besides that, youve made something very nice here, cheers :)

Last edited:

hefman

May 21, 2006
how do you change the background?

i have tried but with no luck....

im even getting a blend of the original energy rom background and the one from the main cab found here.... weird

If you want to get rid of that blend on NRG's rom, go to the settings tab>wallpaper and press "Yes" when it asks if you want to use the default wallpaper. That did it for me.

hefman

May 21, 2006
mwalt and rotastrain, this is a great mod. I'm loving it. Nice work! :D

One question: on manila 2.1 (VGA), the tab background image and the image shown when the slider is pressed do not line up. When I press the slider, the image sort of pops up and zooms a little bit. I'm guessing this may be related to the fact this manila was ported from WVGA. I may try to learn this and resize the panorama so it matches better, but I was wondering if you had seen this and if you had an easy solution. Thx... :)

Mayonesa

Jan 31, 2009
If you want to get rid of that blend on NRG's rom, go to the settings tab>wallpaper and press "Yes" when it asks if you want to use the default wallpaper. That did it for me.

thanks, that works

just need to figure out how to change the background to something else. maybe im missing something but i tried some things and no luck

hefman

May 21, 2006
thanks, that works

just need to figure out how to change the background to something else. maybe im missing something but i tried some things and no luck

Are you trying to change to a different panoramic wallpaper or a different wallpaper altogether? If you're trying to change to another panoramic wallpaper, you'll need to install the cab for it (probably need to disable manila first). If you want to go back to the traditional wallpaper, you'll probably need to uninstall this cab.

Give us a little more detail, so we can help...

Mayonesa

Jan 31, 2009
yes i would like to change the pano wallpaper. i download a zip file that has 4 background but not sure where they do...

if there a cab that will change it for you? or what do i do

rotastrain

Apr 18, 2009
Pune
www.rauteyecare.com

One question: on manila 2.1 (VGA), the tab background image and the image shown when the slider is pressed do not line up. When I press the slider, the image sort of pops up and zooms a little bit. I'm guessing this may be related to the fact this manila was ported from WVGA. I may try to learn this and resize the panorama so it matches better, but I was wondering if you had seen this and if you had an easy solution. Thx... :)
you can do this by the following or mwalt can do this

open the file 5c9aa261_manila in m9editor
search for ' previewroot '

then search for 'pano'
u will find panobkg6 or something like that i dnt remember nw exacty
change the y coordinates to suit the screen
save replace!

mwalt2 can do this!

c0de_junkie

Dec 27, 2008
Windsor Ontario
i have noticed that when i change tabs the background changes to the default one, and only shows when i move the slider but when i stop moving the slider it goes back to default background!!!! do you know how to fix this cause i would really like to keep this mod installed but cant if it dont work right!!!! Thanks alot

edit......i guess that this only happens on my phone when i remove the music tab, i can remove all of the tabs and it will work as long as the music tab is on, i normally shut off the music tab, the stock tab, and the picture tab!!

anyway to fix this....??? thanks again!!!

Last edited:

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009

That's weird. I do not get any zoom when pressing a tab and sliding on my Diamond, and yes that is what occurred with the wvga version. Which cab did you install and did you use the default background that came with the cab or change it? Try the attached 5c9aa261_manila (copy to /windows and overwrite, then restart tf3d2). It's the version that is working for me and should be the same one in the cabs.

Attachments

• 5c9aa261_manila.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 25

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
i have noticed that when i change tabs the background changes to the default one, and only shows when i move the slider but when i stop moving the slider it goes back to default background!!!! do you know how to fix this cause i would really like to keep this mod installed but cant if it dont work right!!!! Thanks alot

edit......i guess that this only happens on my phone when i remove the music tab, i can remove all of the tabs and it will work as long as the music tab is on, i normally shut off the music tab, the stock tab, and the picture tab!!

anyway to fix this....??? thanks again!!!
What ROM are you using? I have an OEM made from the VGA_Gen.Y_Manila_2.1_Panorama_with_mods.cab cooked into a 23017 ROM I made. I am able to remove music, stock, and picture tab, while still having the panoramic background function properly. You could try to remove the tabs and then re-install the panoramic cab. Also, could you post a screenshot or two of the problem since I cannot replicate it on my end? Thanks.

Last edited:

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
yes i would like to change the pano wallpaper. i download a zip file that has 4 background but not sure where they do...

if there a cab that will change it for you? or what do i do
There are cabs that will do it for you in post #2 that I have made (just click on the picture you want to download the cab). hansch also posted a cab for changing the portrait wallpaper and iullian posted the 3 manila files for his portrait wallpaper (can unzip them to /windows and overwrite the ones you have, then restart tf3d2).

The Gen.Y Pano Background files.zip from post 1 contains 3 manila files for portrait and 3 manila files for landscape. You can read the descriptions in post 1 and 2, as well as rotastrains guide linked in post 2.

c0de_junkie

Dec 27, 2008
Windsor Ontario
What ROM are you using? I have an OEM made from the VGA_Gen.Y_Manila_2.1_Panorama_with_mods.cab cooked into a 23017 ROM I made. I am able to remove music, stock, and picture tab, while still having the panoramic background function properly. You could try to remove the tabs and then re-install the panoramic cab. Also, could you post a screenshot or two of the problem since I cannot replicate it on my end? Thanks.

The rom im using is SSK2.6 CDMA, and its the picture tab that i have to leave in to keep the panoramic background, not the music tab, sorry about that, i tried uninsta;;ing then changing the tabs and then reinstalling the panoramic background with mods cab and it still goes to default background but goes to panoramic background when you slide the slider, sorry im unable to post a screen now but will later on tonight! Thanks for any help

d-signet

May 17, 2005
sounds great, but guessing it would be most effective being more subtle....eg the sense-ui interface where it seems to only scroll 10px or so for each tab....will this work with other size images to emulate this or does the panoramic backround need to be a fixed width?

waiting for a QVGA version

nice work guys