How is Hancom Office compared with Office Suite 7 Pro

Search This thread

Duly.noted

Dec 5, 2013
HANCOM is better than everything in every respect. Seriously its 99% microsoft office down to all those neat options I never use. It even looks like office with drop down windows and everything

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Its the forst office suite for android that you could actually use for real work (with a bluetooth keyboard of course)

rueben68

Apr 25, 2010
Ohio
HANCOM is better than everything in every respect. Seriously its 99% microsoft office down to all those neat options I never use. It even looks like office with drop down windows and everything

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Its the forst office suite for android that you could actually use for real work (with a bluetooth keyboard of course)

Totally agree HANCOM is as close to Microsoft Office as it gets. IT IS GREAT!

ad78

Mar 22, 2011
Connecticut
i purchased the 7 pro probably like over a year. but now when i bought the pro 12.2 i didnt bother to install it because the HANCOM is freaking awesome! this is the reason why i returned the surface pro 2!

nymviper1126

Feb 9, 2012
Does anyone know if they will offer on the 10.1 2014? My friend wants the SP2 for PA school because of OneNote, likes the NotePro but 12.2 is to big for her. She would take the 10.1 but Office suite is just garbage.

flipper2006

Jan 22, 2009
Hollywood, FL
Does anyone know if they will offer on the 10.1 2014? My friend wants the SP2 for PA school because of OneNote, likes the NotePro but 12.2 is to big for her. She would take the 10.1 but Office suite is just garbage.

Evernote is so much better then one note. I used Onenote first and did a lot of stuff and thought this was great, but the first issue was I couldn't sync my one note without using extra software (2 years ago), but then found Evernote and it does everything for free AND with the 12.2 it gives 1 year subscript to premium service. You can share evernote notebooks with different people ect.

nymviper1126

Feb 9, 2012
Evernote is so much better then one note. I used Onenote first and did a lot of stuff and thought this was great, but the first issue was I couldn't sync my one note without using extra software (2 years ago), but then found Evernote and it does everything for free AND with the 12.2 it gives 1 year subscript to premium service. You can share evernote notebooks with different people ect.

She likes to be able to drag and drop out of PPTs and such. Also, cant say anything against installing windows program she may need

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
I like hancom but I havent been able to look at these side by side. Is this a legitimate opinion based on using both?

Provided you don't need advanced editing features then yes.

As much as I think Hancom Word is one of the best of its class on Android a full replacement of Microsoft it isn't. One feature that may be critical for those in the market for a "Pro" product is track changes support. I may be wrong, but I can't find it. There's commenting but no track changes options. A simple test that I did was create a document in Word 2007 and saved it into my Dropbox with track changes turned ON. I then loaded that file with Hancom Word, edited and saved it, at which point the file was immediately updated in dropbox. At no time did Hancom Word give any indication of track changes being on, and upon opening the file back up on my workstation the edits were visible with no trace of the changes being tracked. To verify I deleted the edits that were made on the tablet from within Word 2007 on my workstation and immediately the changes were flagged as deleted. Back on the tablet, the markups were invisible BUT the space within which the deleted text should have been was still there (i.e. if I deleted 3 hard lines between two paragraphs there would still be 3 carriage returns visible between those paragraphs in Hancom Word but not visilble in word with review display options set to final).

Lack of track changes is not a deal breaker for me since when I travel I carry my laptop and my tablet and when I'm without my laptop its because I do not intend to do serious editing, but I could see it being an issue for those looking to replace a laptop.

To me if you must have full office compatibility get a surface pro and use office on it. This comes in second, and how close it comes is subjective based upon needs. Unfortunately there's very little information on Hancom's site to sell the product to users on its features so it's difficult for people to decide prior to purchase.

a2thec

Feb 22, 2010
I work for Samsung and during my training on the new software they told me that Hancom office has approximately 60% of all the features of MS Office. It does not however have some of the programming features that some people may need, I have found out the hard way as a student needed these features and I was unable to help him out. Most people will use about 40% of MS office, so this over exceeds what the majority of people need from the software.

woowdy

Jul 28, 2012
Springfield Mo
the only thing that will be better is the red line or the blue line that come under the word when you make a grammar or spelling mistake. I would love if they have it so you can type and check it later becasue sometime I have some Idea and I have to type it fast then get back and fix any mistake I made because it is clear with the line below the worlds

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Duly.noted

Dec 5, 2013
the only thing that will be better is the red line or the blue line that come under the word when you make a grammar or spelling mistake. I would love if they have it so you can type and check it later becasue sometime I have some Idea and I have to type it fast then get back and fix any mistake I made because it is clear with the line below the worlds

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

It has a spell checker that scans the entire document for mistakes and lets you replace them

FreshlyBrewed

Mar 27, 2014
Spell Checker

The spell checker is a bit hit and miss, if you use a word with an apostrophe in it it won't count the whole word together, ie it doesn't count the t in "didn't" so it thinks you spelt it wrong.

The major glaring omission is the lack of a word count feature! I contacted Hancom about this and they said they would consider adding it

Other than that though it really is great, far better than anything else I've tried.

Last edited:

lightdelegate

I know from my experiance (cause of my language is RTL) that is polaris work perfect.
I have bought the note pro also to use excel for work so really wonder what would be the best ☺

Edit:
Just checked it and it works perfect !!!

Sent from my SM-P901 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

nychotxxx

Nov 26, 2013
As a writer/journalist, I think hancom word is great, and does all I need it to do. I do most of my writing on word for the mac on my desktop mac. But now I'm using the np and Hword more than I did with my macbook air that I sold when I decided to buy the np12. I'm hoping Hword becomes available for my note 10.1 2014. I use a bluetooth keyboard and bluetooth mouse when using hword. Btw, there is an app called big cursor. Makes work in hword much easier because the stock cursor disappears.

Reactions: pawpowered

nychotxxx

Nov 26, 2013
It is called big mouse. I went searching for a big cursor to use with hancom word -- tere are many in ios -- and big mouse was the only one that fit the bill. It works with my stock np12 in hancom word with my bluetooth mouse attached and is far better than the stock cursor. However, the settings for the app don't work, don't even show up anywhere. The settings should allow the cursor to be bigger and black. I emailed the developer to find out what the problem is. Still, it's way better than the almost invisible stock cursor.

Link? I didn't find anything by this exact name in the play store, and "big mouse" seems to not work on JB+

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I like hancom but I havent been able to look at these side by side. Is this a legitimate opinion based on using both?

Provided you don't need advanced editing features then yes.

As much as I think Hancom Word is one of the best of its class on Android a full replacement of Microsoft it isn't. One feature that may be critical for those in the market for a "Pro" product is track changes support. I may be wrong, but I can't find it. There's commenting but no track changes options. A simple test that I did was create a document in Word 2007 and saved it into my Dropbox with track changes turned ON. I then loaded that file with Hancom Word, edited and saved it, at which point the file was immediately updated in dropbox. At no time did Hancom Word give any indication of track changes being on, and upon opening the file back up on my workstation the edits were visible with no trace of the changes being tracked. To verify I deleted the edits that were made on the tablet from within Word 2007 on my workstation and immediately the changes were flagged as deleted. Back on the tablet, the markups were invisible BUT the space within which the deleted text should have been was still there (i.e. if I deleted 3 hard lines between two paragraphs there would still be 3 carriage returns visible between those paragraphs in Hancom Word but not visilble in word with review display options set to final).

Lack of track changes is not a deal breaker for me since when I travel I carry my laptop and my tablet and when I'm without my laptop its because I do not intend to do serious editing, but I could see it being an issue for those looking to replace a laptop.

To me if you must have full office compatibility get a surface pro and use office on it. This comes in second, and how close it comes is subjective based upon needs. Unfortunately there's very little information on Hancom's site to sell the product to users on its features so it's difficult for people to decide prior to purchase.
    I work for Samsung and during my training on the new software they told me that Hancom office has approximately 60% of all the features of MS Office. It does not however have some of the programming features that some people may need, I have found out the hard way as a student needed these features and I was unable to help him out. Most people will use about 40% of MS office, so this over exceeds what the majority of people need from the software.
    Hancom office is probably the best Office option currently available for Android tablets. BUT, it is still far from being a full replacement solution of Microsoft Office / Office 365.
    If you need to exchange files with people working with Microsoft, be aware that :
    - they won't be able to open any pptx files created in Hshow. You'd need to work in the now quite old ppt format.
    - you might lose information between Hcell and Excel.
    And note that there are some functionnalities that don't exist in Hword, such as updating a document summary, changing the hierarchy of titles ot bullet points.
    One can't work on several documents of the same format at the same time. For exemple, Hword needs to close the current document if you want to open a new one.

There might be more, but I havn't tested everything.

I actually find the lap top experience of the Note Pro pretty painful. I bought the Logitech Case / bt Keyboard and the S Action mouse. When using productivity tools the experience is OK, but could be better.
    For exemple:
    - it's quite impossible to cut and paste with the mouse.
    - The screen virtual keyboard keeps poping up when I click on another area of any document, even when the bt keyboard is connected...
    - When you open a document (ppt, doc, xls) from "My documents" explorer, you actualy end up with an emulation of the document (the document does not open in the appropriate app), so you can't open another document without closing the previous one...
    - When you switch between any app to Hword, you end up having control over the document menu, so when can't directly start writing on the document where you last left it...
    - There is a slight bug with the logitech keyboard : when you enter a capital letter and then press the tab key quickly, the keyboard end up switching langage instead of putting a space between your words...

To sum it up, if you need a simple text or spreadsheet editor, Hancom Office will do a great job. But if you need a real pro productivity tool or need to work on documents edited by work colleagues on Microsoft Office, forget about it!

As someone pointed out to me previously on the forum, I think that Samsung shouldn't have labelled this tab as a "pro" tab, even if it provides a great experience in many areas.

A

A few of your points are incorrect. Hancom can open two of the same file type simultaneously. I have hword with two docx files open right now editing both at the same time. The mouse sounds like a personal issue. I have no trouble with copy, paste, cut etc with any of my mouses Saction mouse or touchpad. The bluetooth keyboard issue can be fixed easily. Under language settings you can set it to disable the onscreen keyboard when a bt one is connected. No idea what your talking about with the document explorer either...and the logitech keyboard isnt made by samsung so you cant blame them for that one. I recommend the external keyboard helper app. That should fix the porblem very easily as well as allow you to create your own keyboard layout. Also with the pptx files that is obviously a bug that should be corrected eventually although it is currently unfortunate.i also dont beive the pro monicer is totally wrong. A great deal of people on these forums us their pros instead of their laptops and in professional environments. At least 3 run their entire classroom through it and a few like me run entire businesses through it. The 2014 was my previous device but this one makes things much better for me.

As a writer/journalist, I think hancom word is great, and does all I need it to do. I do most of my writing on word for the mac on my desktop mac. But now I'm using the np and Hword more than I did with my macbook air that I sold when I decided to buy the np12. I'm hoping Hword becomes available for my note 10.1 2014. I use a bluetooth keyboard and bluetooth mouse when using hword. Btw, there is an app called big cursor. Makes work in hword much easier because the stock cursor disappears.