Xperia X2 Leaked

Search This thread

doministry

Sep 25, 2008
Bytom, Poland
doministry.blogspot.com
its called wavepad you can download a free trial its awesome.

you can view, cut, amplify basically everything you would ever need to do with a music file http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/

Was just curious.

I'm the musician and work on professional music tools, like a great Sony Soundforge.

But, even after a big dB gain I have on mp3 ringtones,
they're still too quiet on X1

poetryrocksalot

Dec 4, 2008
Anaheim
Nope, that video is not fake. Well can't see that much the HW, but the ROM is true. It's booting like this with my piece (so half and half picture with the Vulcan logo).

THJahar: will do it tomorrow, when i'm back in work. Today is my day off, so lazy time :D

nevermind. I'd like to know how the optical mouse works. Any details would be nice, and also the measure of the screen (it is actually 3.5 inches?).

Speakers, are the speaker grilles real? Or is it all aesthetics? Stereo or mono? Loudness? Speakers at the bottom or at the sides?

(I am assuming the speakers are at the bottom/battery cover and that the grills on the side are aesthetic only)

BTW Tell the idiots at Sony Ericsson that I aint paying for a ****ty keyboard and a ****ty 3.2 inch screen and and a lack of FN/Caps indicators.. what are they thinking?

Last edited:

orelsi

Jan 1, 2009
I agree with everything except the stylus location. I think it is in the perfect spot in the X1.

poetryrocksalot

Dec 4, 2008
Anaheim
I agree with everything except the stylus location. I think it is in the perfect spot in the X1.

Are you left handed by any chance? Personally I think stylus location should be based on which hand you use for the stylus. I usually use my right hand for the stylus, which sacrifices me using the D-Pad I usually hold the stylus on the same hand while using D-Pad.

gundamboy

Feb 20, 2009
Vancouver
if the phone is adjusted for better touchscreen usage, I probably wouldn't touch the stylus.

currently I haven't even taken the stylus out of it's original position in my X1a.

markoc84

Nov 12, 2008
pictures as promissed, compared with X1.
NOTE: It's a PROTOTYPE, unit nr.2. So HW and SW will likely change! So discussion about optical joystick, speaker and so on has no meaning right now. It may change or something may be even disabled or even omited (like accelerometer on X1 which beta had)

OMG it looks amazing, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4 comes to mind

Any idea when this will be released? really want it t be my next phone and my contract ends in October but dont mind waiting a couple of months for the upgrade.

nevermind thanks so much for all of your updates, i really cant wait for this phone to be released,

doministry

Sep 25, 2008
Bytom, Poland
doministry.blogspot.com
NOTE: It's a PROTOTYPE, unit nr.2. So HW and SW will likely change! So discussion about optical joystick, speaker and so on has no meaning right now. It may change or something may be even disabled or even omited (like accelerometer on X1 which beta had)

poetryrocksalot: speakers are right at this moment. But again, it may change.
Batery release - real
Scroll button - it's no scroll button, it's a camera button. Ordinary camera button, very similar to X1
Softkeys difficult to press - yeah, it's a prototype. The left one works fine on my piece, right one doesn't work. But it will change of course ;
About proxymity and others - until official, can't tell here, sorry.
And again - if you think that X2 has ****ty keyboard, then don't even but it. X2 has waaaaaaaaay better keyboard than X1 (i don't have dwarf fingers)

Thank you man.

As well as X1 looks soo good,
X2 looks 2 times better. Great.

Jasand

Nov 8, 2008
Worcestershire
www.homeeasy.eu
Thank you,

this looks cool but is the screen recessed like the X1 with a lip around the edge?

The pic is not clear on this. I would like a flush screen but thats only a minor thing the X2 looks awesome.

safdl

Jan 27, 2007

poetryrocksalot: speakers are right at this moment. But again, it may change.
Batery release - real
Scroll button - it's no scroll button, it's a camera button. Ordinary camera button, very similar to X1
Softkeys difficult to press - yeah, it's a prototype. The left one works fine on my piece, right one doesn't work. But it will change of course ;
About proxymity and others - until official, can't tell here, sorry.
And again - if you think that X2 has ****ty keyboard, then don't even but it. X2 has waaaaaaaaay better keyboard than X1 (i don't have dwarf fingers)

You are the MAN!!!

You have the phone where most of us dream about specs and design.

Have you any idea when the release date is man?

eugene_b

Nov 11, 2008
thx for the info man - great pix. wanted to ask whether the casing has some steel elements, like the old xperia (which was rock solid), or is it 100% plastic? (can't tell from the pix). I'm asking because I've heard many concenrs from the latest HTC touch pro 2 owners, that the device is made of plastic which is apparently of low quality and cracks after 1-2 months without any external influence. And of course the question everyone's asking - can we expect to have this great device before the end of the year? Thx alot!