[Q] Micro SD Card problem

Search This thread

arpinacio

Jul 28, 2010
Lisbon
Hi there.

I'm having problems with the SD card, is always unmounting with no apparent reason...

When I'm on the Album (or gallery) and I scroll trough the photos (I've got a few) the card is unmounted and I need to take it of, and put it back in...

While I'm copying files from the PC to the card (trough the phone) the same thing happens...

The card is a sandisk class 10 32Gb... it was used on my SGS2 and never had any problem...

Does it worth to buy another card, or someone else is having the same problems?

zxz0O0

Apr 18, 2011
I think this is a problem with your sd card. I don't have any problem like that.

arpinacio

Jul 28, 2010
Lisbon
Can you please tell me what card do you have?

I have already formatted the card on the pc and on the phone, the result is the same...

Mono_pol

Oct 7, 2013
Weird problem, I own a Goodram 32 GB Class 10 micro sd card and I haven't got any problems with it. You say that you have tried formatting the card. What format have you chosen? Have you tried reset to factory reset your device? Are you on some custom rom or the stock one? Do you have a possibility to check wheter the problem exists with other micro sd card? Perhaps you can borrow it from someone for a moment or you have another one somewhere. Worst case scenario the card port could be damaged.

D_R_Z_87

Mar 10, 2013
Hi,

I'm sure that's an issue with your sd card. I've had the same issue with my old SGS3 and an SanDisk 64GB sd card. Then I bought a new Kingston 64GB sd card and it works.

arpinacio

Jul 28, 2010
Lisbon
I formated in FAT and in FAT32, same result in both.

Im in the stock ROM, totally unchanged.

I already get a new card and I'm testing it now, if it stills get me troubles I will try the factory reset.

Yeah... that is my fear... that the port is defective or something like that :(

arpinacio

Jul 28, 2010
Lisbon
Ok, updating from the previous post.

I've bought another SD Card and although that on the first time that I used it on the phone, it gave me the same behavior, after formatted it on the phone itself, so far so good.

I've tried the old SD Card with an adapter on the pc, and it works fine, no problem at all... so it must be something specific to the phone, I've read that some Samsung are a SD card eaters, so I believe that the problem is related to that (my previous phone was a SGS2).

Thank you all for the tips.

F308

Feb 25, 2013
EU
I've tried the old SD Card with an adapter on the pc, and it works fine, no problem at all... so it must be something specific to the phone,
Not necessarily.
Card of class 4 may be good enough for your computer, specially if it is older too, but may be too weak for newest modern phone.