ICS here: (more to come) (no bugs)

Search This thread

DemonWav

Sep 11, 2010
Lawton, OK
Can't get past this error while compiling:

Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
18 errors
make: *** [out/target/common/obj/APPS/Settings_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar] Error 41

Any tips, suggestions?

I can't much help you (isn't that grammatically incorrect? Idk, that's how we talk in Oklahoma lol) with just the error message, but maybe tomorrow we could get together in IRC and we could figure it out.

But that also has got to suck, .jar? That sounds pretty late in the compile. Hopefully you have a powerful enough computer (unlike me) so it doesn't take you a few hours.
Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

jblparisi

Jun 12, 2007
I can't much help you (isn't that grammatically incorrect? Idk, that's how we talk in Oklahoma lol) with just the error message, but maybe tomorrow we could get together in IRC and we could figure it out.

But that also has got to suck, .jar? That sounds pretty late in the compile. Hopefully you have a powerful enough computer (unlike me) so it doesn't take you a few hours.
Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

That sounds like a plan.

What IRC server or channel?

Thanks.

jayRokk

Jan 12, 2012
Rack City
Hey guys, this is a Status Bar/Notification Bar Mod by rob43:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1531222

Lists of Devices its been tested on: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23713056&postcount=233

It installs via CWM and looks pretty sleek. Do you guys see that as something we could flash on our current builds so far? Or should we wait til further development?

Flash it and report back...
worst case scenario is that your system might FC and youll have to reflash

nothing to lose

Reactions: ctank22

jayRokk

Jan 12, 2012
Rack City
I'm proud to report that it worked flawlessly!!! Toggles and changes are all functioning!! Sorry that took so long, did a backup, was gonna upload screenshots but they are showing up.Thought pngs showed up??

Awesome!!!
I will have to try them out!!
Great find

Idk I always change my pic extensions to jpg... pngs don't play nice with xda app lol

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA

AbstractMind87

Mar 15, 2011
SC
HTC One X
AT&T LG Optimus G
Screens!!

Awesome!!!
I will have to try them out!!
Great find

Idk I always change my pic extensions to jpg... pngs don't play nice with xda app lol

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA

Found an Online Image Converter

screenshot_2012-04-13-03-49-49.JPEG

screenshot_2012-04-13-03-50-20.JPEG

screenshot_2012-04-13-03-50-03.JPEG

screenshot_2012-04-13-04-07-47.JPEG

Reactions: jayRokk

goobieracing

Aug 25, 2011
Entropy's charging hacks would be sweet in this kernel. Just a thought. Nice work everyone!

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

B3tray3d

Aug 23, 2011
So is the camera fixed? Or is he implementing it in the final release? If he already fixed it, can someone upload the fix (.apk, .zip) whatever it is just happy to hear about it :3

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Entropy's charging hacks would be sweet in this kernel. Just a thought. Nice work everyone!

Can't get past this error while compiling:

Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
18 errors
make: *** [out/target/common/obj/APPS/Settings_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar] Error 41

Any tips, suggestions?
Need more details.

Main guesses are:
1) You forgot extract-files.sh to grab the proprietaries (or pulling in jt's vendor/samsung proprietary blob repo)
2) You repo synced at a time the tree was broken. Sometimes stuff gets merged that worked for the guy committing but broke everyone else - like some bad Russian translations a few days ago. Sometimes you just need to sync again. Looks like the tree was broken as of 11 hours ago and got fixed about 4 hours later. (one of the nightlies bombed, then succeeded 4 hours later.)

Ugh... Now that I'm awake... god I pushed out some commits with awful documentation yesterday. :(

Right now:
GPS is working
Bluetooth is less broken but still broken... No more kernel panics, but it won't enable either. My previously promising lead in the logcats is a dead end - even I9100 users get the same errors when their Bluetooth is working.
Wifi tethering is less broken but still broken - I need to do more testing. Have a few guesses to test tonight or tomorrow.

I pushed what I have so far to github... Be warned, my commit comments aren't quite up to my usual standards so might be a bit confusing.

Last edited:

goobieracing

Aug 25, 2011
So is the camera fixed? Or is he implementing it in the final release? If he already fixed it, can someone upload the fix (.apk, .zip) whatever it is just happy to hear about it :3

Download the ics build off of rootzwiki cameras fixed and a few other things

goobieracing

Aug 25, 2011
Need more details.

Main guesses are:
1) You forgot extract-files.sh to grab the proprietaries (or pulling in jt's vendor/samsung proprietary blob repo)
2) You repo synced at a time the tree was broken. Sometimes stuff gets merged that worked for the guy committing but broke everyone else - like some bad Russian translations a few days ago. Sometimes you just need to sync again. Looks like the tree was broken as of 11 hours ago and got fixed about 4 hours later. (one of the nightlies bombed, then succeeded 4 hours later.)

Ugh... Now that I'm awake... god I pushed out some commits with awful documentation yesterday. :(

Right now:
GPS is working
Bluetooth is less broken but still broken... No more kernel panics, but it won't enable either. My previously promising lead in the logcats is a dead end - even I9100 users get the same errors when their Bluetooth is working.
Wifi tethering is less broken but still broken - I need to do more testing. Have a few guesses to test tonight or tomorrow.

I pushed what I have so far to github... Be warned, my commit comments aren't quite up to my usual standards so might be a bit confusing.

Thank you for my favorite kernel on gb! I seen u quote what I said. I was just wondering if you were going to put those hacks in this? I'm not asking you just thought it would be cool and was wonder u were planning on it some time. Thanks for your time!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    preview

Here's a preview build now that my source tree is mostly sorted out: http://www.mediafire.com/?1nhagihfoqqpkf3

To flash, you must first flash this recovery: http://www.mediafire.com/?2000k5y512spft4

Then boot into recovery, wipe data/cache, go to mounts and storage and format system, then flash the rom. Gapps are here: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip . You'll probably have to mount system manually under mounts and storage before flashing gapps.

I've only tested this using gingerbread bootloaders, no idea if it works using froyo bootloaders. If you don't want to deal with the caveats of gb bootloaders, then well, fix it yourself.

what works:
    radio (calls/sms/data)
    touchscreen
    audio
    wifi
    sensors
    hw acceleration
    software and hardware video decoding
    data usage monitor (for wifi at least)

what doesn't work:
    camera/camcorder
    bluetooth

anything else is either broken or completely untested.
    Fixed since preview build:

external sdcard mounting
    USB mass storage (both internal and external)
    Camera and camcorder (front and rear cameras)

on to bluetooth and gps...then a real release :D
    oh the lulzy memories...

dman3285 said:
    Then you don't know much bruh...

lol

dman3285 said:
    The four devices I built aosp ics for... Not ports... Prove you wrong.. Period... I was building roms since the original.... But there's always some dew who thinks they know it all.... But this I know about.... I have a build for this device.. No kernel because our kernel is so hard to develop for....and when you port ics... What do u use as proprietary files? That's right... Gingerbread files... This is like talking to a wall... You have fun porting...

lol again. build date on my current kernel is March 11. I built it before I had the device in hand ;) and yes, I had fun porting, thanks :)

dman3285 said:
    Nonsense....have you built it... do you even understand what your saying??? I HAVE built it... all that technical mumbo means 0... bottom line...I've done it...3 now 4 other devs have also done it...

thrice the lols...yes, I have built it :) here's a video for all the kiddies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO2EE9ct-Wc&feature=youtube_gdata_player (crappy quality, but you get the gist ;))

herp derp good nite
    Going to start working this weekend on some love for us "typical XDA'ers". I got some learning to do.

Thanks for all who are paving the way.
    So after "brunch infuse4g", what next?

You should have a flashable zip.

Oh... See attached... (specific location censored...)

Got a line on Bluetooth from LB too.