Dallas
I tried to flash and got this:
Code:
E:No space left on device
E:Error writing Boot:
E:Failure at line 369:
write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:

Installation aborted.

I tried to reboot and it wouldn't boot, so I pulled the battery and went back into recovery and tried to apply the NANDROID backup, seemed to apply fine, but now it always boots into bootloader, no matter what I do. I can still make it into recovery so it isn't all lost, but I can't do anything else from there.

11ryan11

Sep 2, 2009
www.twitter.com
I tried to flash and got this:
Code:
E:No space left on device
E:Error writing Boot:
E:Failure at line 369:
write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:

Installation aborted.

I tried to reboot and it wouldn't boot, so I pulled the battery and went back into recovery and tried to apply the NANDROID backup, seemed to apply fine, but now it always boots into bootloader, no matter what I do. I can still make it into recovery so it isn't all lost, but I can't do anything else from there.

did you wipe then restore nandroid?

ccunningham83

Feb 13, 2009
Dallas
Bizarre, never seen an error like that before!

What happens if you try to re-apply the ROM?

P

Re-Applying the ROM gets the same result.

I did Wipe and try to re-apply and also wipe and Nandroid. All got me nowhere. I ended up getting it fixed by applying Cyanogens Bacon1.img. I am really interested in your ROM though. Think maybe I got a bad download or something. I will try again and check the md5 sum this time.

ccunningham83

Feb 13, 2009
Dallas
So after downloading the ROM again after the first one didnt work, I got this for the md5 checksum:

Code:
e04970294888313787d0b9d5cb370a12

Which is entirely different than what is posted on the MoDaCo Forum:

Code:
d537e42372a7239dfaf40846ef0b8b4e

However, I could be doing it wrong. This is the first time I tried using md5 checksums to verify a download. However I used two different utilitys to get the same checksum and I don't want to try to flash it again and have it mess up.

Last edited:

kevinrirvine

Oct 22, 2005
Re-Applying the ROM gets the same result.

I did Wipe and try to re-apply and also wipe and Nandroid. All got me nowhere. I ended up getting it fixed by applying Cyanogens Bacon1.img. I am really interested in your ROM though. Think maybe I got a bad download or something. I will try again and check the md5 sum this time.

I can help fix your problem and it is very simple. READ THE FIRST POST BY PAUL. DO NOT WIPE. Do a Nandriod backup then apply the update. Remember do not extract the rom file with I hope WINRAR, just rename update. Let me know if this solves it for you which it should. Kevin

ccunningham83

Feb 13, 2009
Dallas
I can help fix your problem and it is very simple. READ THE FIRST POST BY PAUL. DO NOT WIPE. Do a Nandriod backup then apply the update. Remember do not extract the rom file with I hope WINRAR, just rename update. Let me know if this solves it for you which it should. Kevin

Maybe I should have explained everything I did step by step, I did READ THE FIRST POST BY PAUL AND DIDN'T WIPE. Before I even tried flashing, I performed a Nandroid Backup. I booted into recovery, applied the update, got the error message I listed, tired to reboot, got stuck, pulled the battery, booted back into recovery, performed a wipe, reapplied the update, rebooted, still a no-go, rebooted back into recovery, performed a Nandroid restore, after it completed, rebooted, got stuck on bootloader screen, reloaded the ROM on the SD card, tried flashing again, still no luck, ended up flashing Cyanogens Bacon1.img to fix the problem.

I want to give it another try, but I may wait and find out if my md5 sum is correct or maybe try another link if someone post it up.

kevinrirvine

Oct 22, 2005
Maybe I should have explained everything I did step by step, I did READ THE FIRST POST BY PAUL AND DIDN'T WIPE. Before I even tried flashing, I performed a Nandroid Backup. I booted into recovery, applied the update, got the error message I listed, tired to reboot, got stuck, pulled the battery, booted back into recovery, performed a wipe, reapplied the update, rebooted, still a no-go, rebooted back into recovery, performed a Nandroid restore, after it completed, rebooted, got stuck on bootloader screen, reloaded the ROM on the SD card, tried flashing again, still no luck, ended up flashing Cyanogens Bacon1.img to fix the problem.

I want to give it another try, but I may wait and find out if my md5 sum is correct or maybe try another link if someone post it up.
Paul's rom's are only at modaco and I am pretty sure he does not allow other links for I only use his rom's and have one on my Hero Telus, AT&T 3G, and what I like most about them is he keeps them as close to stock as possible, a good thing, and just optimizes them.

Your not going to brick your n1 so I know your gun-shy now but try the link a few more times even and it will work. Also, delete or format your memory card so it the rom is at the root for this might have something to do with it. Want you to have a happy ending. Kevin

ccunningham83

Feb 13, 2009
Dallas
Paul's rom's are only at modaco and I am pretty sure he does not allow other links for I only use his rom's and have one on my Hero Telus, AT&T 3G, and what I like most about them is he keeps them as close to stock as possible, a good thing, and just optimizes them.

Your not going to brick your n1 so I know your gun-shy now but try the link a few more times even and it will work. Also, delete or format your memory card so it the rom is at the root for this might have something to do with it. Want you to have a happy ending. Kevin

I need to re-format my sdcard, I still have the three partitions from my G1. I will give that a try, but I am still unsure about the md5 sum issue. Not too worried about bricking the device after all I put my G1 through.