Announcing the Windows 8 Editions

Search This thread

mtmerrick

Jan 29, 2011
Merced/San Diego
Actually there are 3 editions, that link is misleading.

Read through, and you'll see there's regular, pro, AND enterprise. But only those two will be available to consumers. Just like vista and 7, enterprise will only be available in volume licensing.

Reactions: davehries

jasongw

I was really happy to see this, with one exception: That Media Center will only be available to Pro. What the **** were they thinking? Make the goddamn thing available to either version, even if you charge a fee for it. Jesus Christ.

Other than that, I'm happy to see Windows 8 consolidating editions and simplifying choices. I'll be preordering licenses as soon as they announce an early adopter deal :D

Thank God. Only two editions to chose for x86/64 devices and one for ARM devices.

Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro are for x86/64, while WindowsRT will be for gizmos running on ARM.

http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/.../04/16/announcing-the-windows-8-editions.aspx

dazza9075

Jul 22, 2007
Suffolk
I was really happy to see this, with one exception: That Media Center will only be available to Pro. What the **** were they thinking? Make the goddamn thing available to either version, even if you charge a fee for it. Jesus Christ.

Other than that, I'm happy to see Windows 8 consolidating editions and simplifying choices. I'll be preordering licenses as soon as they announce an early adopter deal :D

its not terribly clear whats going on with media centre is it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Actually there are 3 editions, that link is misleading.

Read through, and you'll see there's regular, pro, AND enterprise. But only those two will be available to consumers. Just like vista and 7, enterprise will only be available in volume licensing.
    Hey... I thought there would be two versions Windows 8 M (Metro UI) Edition and Windows 8 N (Normal-Human-User Friendly) Edition... ROTFL

Clearly you have not been following the Win 8 much.