LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation Enabler

Search This thread

awtryau89

Nov 25, 2008
I'm using a T-Mobile NF6 based rom (XtreStoLite) and I installed your app. I got everything running then when I dial the secret code I get

"USSD Code Running"

then

"Unable to process request"

Does this mean its not compatible with this rom or something else?

TIA

Reactions: adanmex

Commodore 64

May 6, 2013
T-Mobile s5 on ATT. This is what i have
View attachment 2831665

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

Hey man,

Just came across your question today. I also got a "CA setting wrong." status after I went through the OP instructions. You can enable CA from the same menu you select your last option.
[2] UE SETTING & INFO
[1] SETTING
[1] PROTOCOL
[1] AS
[2] RELEASE VERSION
[3] LTE 3GPP REL/CA CONTROL
**->[2] LTE 3GPP REL 10, after you selected [2] and rebooted, go here again and now select [3] Enable CA.

Reboot. I now see CA enabled, but not configured.

Sent from my using SM-G900T XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

ljwnow

Jul 24, 2007
This does not help. There is a pre-built CA combinations being supported by the phone. Even if you enabled CA, the combinations of TMO CA bands are different from ATT CA bands. Sorry for bringing you guys the bad news. Until someone figures out a way to add more combinations to the modem, simply enabling CA does not help.

anush.isaac

Sep 17, 2010
Irving, TX
This does not help. There is a pre-built CA combinations being supported by the phone. Even if you enabled CA, the combinations of TMO CA bands are different from ATT CA bands. Sorry for bringing you guys the bad news. Until someone figures out a way to add more combinations to the modem, simply enabling CA does not help.
Hi,
I was able to Enable CA successfully on my T-Mobile G5 and I got the same CA Enabled but not configured message from the Service menu.

My question is I looked at the UE Capability Information from QXDM but the UE does not send the CA capable bands, looks like CA support is embedded much deeper and we cannot enable it from a service menu. Irrespective of the Network support the UE should be able to send what its capabilities are to the network.

Let me know.

Thanks,

davidnotcoulthard

Oct 2, 2015
Anybody got this working on 'unlocked' (when they were never locked to begin with) versions of the S5 like the Samsung SM-G900F or Samsung SM-G900I or Samsung SM-G900H ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2z4zin4.jpg

Carrier Aggregation Toggler

Today I am releasing a utility that will enable or disable LTE Carrier Aggregation (CA) on the SM-G900T. This is intended for users on the rooted stock rom only. T-Mobile does not currently use carrier aggregation. Therefore, this is for users who have unlocked phones and are on other carriers such as AT&T. Use this software at your own risk on devices other than the G900T!

What is Carrier Aggregation?
    Carrier aggregation is the first step in LTE Advanced commercialization, offering increased user data rates for all users in the cell. The higher data rates can also be traded off to offer increased capacity for bursty applications such as web browsing.

To install:
    Code:
    $ adb push ToggleCA.apk /sdcard/
    $ adb shell
    $ su
    # mount -o rw,remount /system
    # cp /sdcard/ToggleCA.apk /system/priv-app/
    # chmod 644 /system/priv-app/ToggleCA.apk

Then restart your device and launch the CA app.

To validate if CA is on or off:
    Code:
    1. Ensure the device is on LTE
    2. Dial *#197328640#
    3. Select AS
    4. Will either say CA is disabled or enabled

OR, don't use my tool at all!

Code:
    $ su
    # am broadcast -a android.provider.Telephony.SECRET_CODE -d android_secret_code://27663368378

Then go to...
    Code:
    [2] UE SETTING & INFO
    [1] SETTING
    [1] PROTOCOL
    [1] AS
    [2] RELEASE VERSION
    [3] LTE 3GPP REL/CA CONTROL
    [2] LTE 3GPP REL 10

REBOOT!

Let's get some people from Chicago to test this!
    Yes. I'm running a tmobile based rom now. How do I install this?

First requirement is to root your device.

Then... make sure you have the adb utility. Are you using Windows?

Code:
    $ adb push ToggleCA.apk /sdcard/
    $ adb shell
    $ su
    # mount -o rw,remount /system
    # cp /sdcard/ToggleCA.apk /system/priv-app/
    # chmod 644 /system/priv-app/ToggleCA.apk

Then restart your device and launch the CA app.
    It's for people using the TMobile S5 on another carrier like AT&T . The TMobile G900T can be unlocked and used on other carriers that have LTE ACA enabled but the phone itself doesn't natively support it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app
    I'm using a T-Mobile NF6 based rom (XtreStoLite) and I installed your app. I got everything running then when I dial the secret code I get

"USSD Code Running"

then

"Unable to process request"

Does this mean its not compatible with this rom or something else?

TIA