Reason for the San Francisco 4G Delays

Search This thread

treckin

Aug 20, 2008
I live in Berkeley, and I know for a fact that tower wouldn't serve me. I have yet to hear anything about service in the East Bay. Anyone have a clue?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

clovis_ll

Apr 8, 2006
san francisco
Google Pixel 6a
that sucks! people there complain about anything even if its for their benefit! if they dont want it to be there, maybe clearwire should find another place to put their antennas on! i want my 4G here in sf... :(

norkoastal

Dec 7, 2007
Bay Area
Well I'm out in the flatlands of the East bay in Concord, and the closest 4G is the small downtown area of Nut Creek. Sprint, hook us up!!

oxeneers

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, Calif.
www.oxeneers.com
This is frustrating as **** for those of us who have been waiting, and waiting for these assholes to get their **** together. Yeah, we know San Francisco has a crazy permit and building process - but this is ridiculous. What about San Mateo County? We're total 4G-less while Santa Clara County is almost all the way lit up.

Embarrassing.

leeh41

Aug 29, 2006
I can confirm there is 4G in parts of Fremont. Been using it for a few weeks now.

Kalash

Apr 2, 2005
I'm on 4g right now! Turk and Taylor.
I've left my radio on to search since I got the phone, and only one phantom hit until today.
It's dropped a couple times now, but it keeps coming back. Almost an hour of 4g at this location.

Edit...
Not that impressed with the speed tests so far, but the upload is crazy fast...for a cell phone.

.5 Mbps down, 1.1Mbps up.
Not much better than the 3g, really.
Screen shots taken...now, to get Dolphin to let me attach them...

Last edited:

Kalash

Apr 2, 2005
Alright...screw dolphin. Screenshotsuploaded via Opera mobile.
Who needs a computer? (alright...i borrowed one to get root, but I'm without, and happy now...)

There is sprint 4g service in San Francisco NOW!

Attachments

• screenshotBest.jpg
    screenshotBest.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 81
  • screenshotIp.jpg
    screenshotIp.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 72
  • screenshotMap.jpg
    screenshotMap.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 72

liquidkernel

Aug 12, 2008
I'm on 4g right now! Turk and Taylor.
I've left my radio on to search since I got the phone, and only one phantom hit until today.
It's dropped a couple times now, but it keeps coming back. Almost an hour of 4g at this location.

Edit...
Not that impressed with the speed tests so far, but the upload is crazy fast...for a cell phone.

.5 Mbps down, 1.1Mbps up.
Not much better than the 3g, really.
Screen shots taken...now, to get Dolphin to let me attach them...

Very interesting.

I get my fastest 3G access around Grant and O'farrell. A bit over 2Mbits down.

Kalash

Apr 2, 2005
Well...it seems to have gotten better. It's still access going about the same as the 3g... And tethering is SLOW. I'd say slower than with 3g, which is weird, but other people have reported the danger thing... I just looked.

So far, I'm not impressed. The icon looks cool, but I had better performance with 3g on average.

Maybe it's dialed down for testing before an official release?

clovis_ll

Apr 8, 2006
san francisco
Google Pixel 6a
Very interesting.

I get my fastest 3G access around Grant and O'farrell. A bit over 2Mbits down.

I get 2.3Mbits down of 3G, here in balboa park when im outside my house but as soon as i go inside the house, its back to .7Mbits

i might turn my 4G on this time just to see.. i got a friend that works for clearwire and he says they're testing it here in SF..

Last edited:

diomark

Jan 24, 2007
I had 4g at divesidero and geary yesterday - 2.2 down, about one up.

Lost it when I drove a few blocks away...

-mark

gamefreke89

Mar 19, 2009
What part of Fremont have you been getting 4G? I've been getting a signal in Union City but only during the day strangely.