[ROM][JB][CM10] Android 4.1.1 - CyanogenMod 10 Preview

Search This thread

fleckdalm

Dec 12, 2010
Thank you for this!
Is a wipe also neccessary when coming from your aosp jb rom?
What are the differences to your other jb rom, only the cm stuff added?

Regards fleckdalm

Sonic Offline

May 2, 2012
Oh my God. This ROM is SMOOTH as hell, everything I care about works, and I managed to not screw it up the first time I installed it (like I did with CM9).

This is just flat out sexy. Thank you for the build. So much. n_n;

Reactions: Arun01

jackie_jagger

Jul 23, 2010
Vancouver, CA
i suppose you changed the build.prop (else the assert would fail me thinks)?
let us know how it went please.
i can live with no 3g if that means i get JB :)

No I just changed the update script which checks whether the device is a p4 or a p4wifi. This ROM is p4wifi, just edit the updater script in notepad, change p4wifi to p4, save and flash. You should be good to go. All running great. Loving it (Google Now and Network Location now works)

Thank you for this!
Is a wipe also neccessary when coming from your aosp jb rom?
What are the differences to your other jb rom, only the cm stuff added?

Regards fleckdalm

I dirty flashed this over the AOSP ROM, just be sure to wipe cache and dalvik. Other CM stuff has been added along with Google Now and Network Location both working flawlessly.

Last edited:

kingofcomedy

Aug 30, 2011
Bielefeld, Germany
No I just changed the update script which checks whether the device is a p4 or a p4wifi. This ROM is p4wifi, just the updater script in notepad, change p4wifi to p4, save and flash. You should be good to go. All running great. Loving it (Google Now and Network Location now works)
Where can I find the update script? Maybe I'd like to flash my P7500 too. :)

Edit: already found it. :)

Last edited:

charkey

Oct 2, 2010
Orange County, CA
One item I noticed is on initial install of the ROM the screen turned very pixelated on initial boot. I've rebooted a couple times after that and do not see the problem persist any longer. Everything else seems to be smooth so far.

Sir Otto

Where can I find the update script? Maybe I'd like to flash my P7500 too. :)

Edit: already found it. :)

In the ROM zip folder: META-INF/com/google/android/
In this folder there are two files. Open updater-script with a text editor.
Find the line

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "p4wifi" ||
getprop("ro.build.product") == "p4wifi");

(Or something like this)
And change to

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "p4" ||
getprop("ro.build.product") == "p4");

Or I believe you can just delete it.

Last edited:
Reactions: kingofcomedy

elena11

Aug 11, 2010
It is nice rom, but is there a working flash player for it? Tnx

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

sag7392

Apr 20, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Man oh man is this ROM the effn shiznit! Everything I need to work...WORKS!!! Yeah the camera doesn't work, but I have a GNote for that, lol. Google Now is awesome! This thing is like butter! THANK YOU DEV!!!!! I can now say screw getting a Nexus 7! I look forward to any updates and will follow this thread...again thank you dev!!

Edit- Not that it matters to me, but HBO GO doesn't play the content and the same with TWC Live TV...I bet it's due to no flash on JB. Either way, I have my ICS GNote for that stuff.

Last edited:

illmatic24

Dec 9, 2010
Toronto
Everything works and beautifully I might add. Set the processor speed to 1.4ghz and it's even smoother. Thanks for compiling this!

Reactions: Arun01

Banger242

Aug 25, 2010
Edmonton
why there is no p7500 version :(

Because Maple knew you wanted it. ;)

Dude, give the devs a break here. The guy(s) is obviously going like a one arm paper hanger with rom and the AOSP one already. I'm sure he will get to things as he can.

At least ask in a more courteous manner.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

GazaIan

Dec 27, 2010
Your basement
twitter.com
No I just changed the update script which checks whether the device is a p4 or a p4wifi. This ROM is p4wifi, just edit the updater script in notepad, change p4wifi to p4, save and flash. You should be good to go. All running great.

You could just delete the lines, too. I personally hate assert, it's only useful when making a ROM that works for multiple devices. Otherwise it's a pain in the ass especially when the Recovery doesn't match assert, even though the device matches the ROM.

why there is no p7500 version :(

OP doesn't own a P7500, and the P7500 builds seemed to be bug riddled in comparison to the p7510. You can flash this but remove the assert lines from updater script. You'll have no 3G/4G.

Reactions: bijixda

esiemi

Mar 27, 2008
flash works fine, just install Flash APK and it all works :)

wow there is a option for USB storage unmount too, great :)

Last edited:
Reactions: sag7392

SupahDave

Oct 28, 2009
I'm shocked at how much you got working on this already, Maple. Well done, bro. Looking forward to some more work being done to get the last few bits working.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

elena11

Aug 11, 2010
flash works fine, just install Flash APK and it all works :)

wow there is a option for USB storage unmount too, great :)

I installed flash 11.111 , but it does not work. PLAYSTORE says your device is not compatible with this version. What version should I look for?

Thank you!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

esiemi

Mar 27, 2008
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DOWNLOADS

I'm not going to build CM10 anymore, pershoot already published his experimental builds, you can find them (for all Galaxy Tab 10.1 models) here: Droid Basement

Google Apps

gapps-jb-20120729.zip

Mirror 01: gapps-jb-20120729.zip
    Mirror 02: gapps-jb-20120729.zip (thanks to kingofcomedy)
    Mirror 03: gapps-jb-20120729.zip

gapps-jb-20120717-signed.zip

gapps-jb-20120716-signed.zip

FLASH SUPPORT

Check this guide: [GUIDE] [HOW-TO] Install Adobe Flash Player on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

Be aware, it may cause troubles with web surfing, consider this before reporting problems.

VIDEOS

CM10 Preview JB 4.1.1 Galaxy Tab 10.1 (thanks to illmatic24)

PC CONNECTION

wlaidi.jpg
    I have made a camera patch for this rom. It will only get the rear camera working. This is the first android zip I've made, but it works for me. You can get it here:

http://ganiman.com/gtab_jb_camera_update.zip

Flash with CWM or TWRP. If you try to switch to the front camera, it will cause gallery to crash and the camera app will not open anymore. Clearing data on the gallery app fixes this.
    NEW BUILDS

Wi-Fi Only (GT-P7510) -> cm-10-20120726-UNOFFICIAL-p4wifi-sig.zip

md5: 09fcdc58c83c30e8ff00e756010c0ca1
    sha1: 576e14db1493118776dbdcf1ab839f916ce042f2

Wi-Fi+3G (GT-P7500) -> cm-10-20120726-UNOFFICIAL-p4-sig.zip

md5: 32fff488ffb32126bc5255e2e866da5b
    sha1: fe42a4b7cdb43536268fe06009b1add083ebcc42

Google Apps: gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip [source]

This are the last builds of CM10 from me. pershoot is (very soon) going to upload testing builds, and this builds are virtually the same thing, I think there's no need for redundancy. Besides, for several reasons, is better to get them from the source (in this case, pershoot).
    i know its off topic but any chance u have started working on 4.2 already? :) saw tat 4.2 is being pushed to AOSP. in ur opinion does our tab support 4.2?

this tab will support 4.2.

when it is integrated within CM, then it will be in all builds from that point.
    So it sounds like BT audio is the only major issue at this point, which is great. Glad the mic/video now work simultaneously.

What issues are you working on before you'll call it a public release candidate?

there will be no public RC from me, per se. CM10 is not even at RC stage (to my knowledge; but not aware of all devices under the umbrella). when ive squashed the majority of the stuff, ill put builds out for public use (on DB) for playing with (probably this week). Then upload source changes in to CM and get nightlies going for this tab for all variants (probably after the android bbq).