Uk OTA UPDATE

Search This thread

bdt1978

Nov 19, 2013
hi guys

I downloaded the update but it wont install as im rooted. Does anyone know what the update was for and what it improves?

Also does anyone known if you can circumvent the root issue or is it a case of unrooting and installing

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
hi guys

I downloaded the update but it wont install as im rooted. Does anyone know what the update was for and what it improves?

Also does anyone known if you can circumvent the root issue or is it a case of unrooting and installing
It's for battery improvement that's about it and yes you have to unroot not really worth it for that there's meant to be a big update soon i would wait

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
The real question is will it block root (the big update). Any update that removes root isn't worth it.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

J0hn78

Oct 6, 2013
The real question is will it block root (the big update). Any update that removes root isn't worth it.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

If you haven't updated think twice. here is my experience.

After the update my screen no longer goes to full brightness, the indicators and icons still say 100% however the screen has gone from 255 to 238 brightness at full. I think this is one of the ways they increased battery life :(

Note Lux and other brightness settings have not corrected the problem permanently.

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
If you haven't updated think twice. here is my experience.

After the update my screen no longer goes to full brightness, the indicators and icons still say 100% however the screen has gone from 255 to 238 brightness at full. I think this is one of the ways they increased battery life :(

Note Lux and other brightness settings have not corrected the problem permanently.

They have increased battery life by having much better thermal controls i.e. the phone doesn't get as hot, one of the ways to keep the phone cool (and therefore indirectly increasing battery life) is to lower the brightness.

Keeping the phone cool was their main aim here, not to increase battery life.

J0hn78

Oct 6, 2013
They have increased battery life by having much better thermal controls i.e. the phone doesn't get as hot, one of the ways to keep the phone cool (and therefore indirectly increasing battery life) is to lower the brightness.

Keeping the phone cool was their main aim here, not to increase battery life.

Regardless of the reason my phone was perfect before this change and I had no heat issues or battery problems all was great, if you want to change options like this having an extra setting in the power menu would have been the way to go in my personal opinion.