[q] asking about phone brick!

Search This thread

gunbreak

Apr 21, 2012
Thanks! I just worried because I read some posts and they say if tmobile see your phone is rooted, you will be charge for restocking price.....

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
Thanks! I just worried because I read some posts and they say if tmobile see your phone is rooted, you will be charge for restocking price.....

They can't tell it's rooted when they can't get into download mode. You're gonna probably get a refurbished phone though and not a brand new one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
Did you accidentally restore a backup from a different phone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: gunbreak

blackangst

Jun 25, 2008
Phoenix
You most likely are hard bricked, but you still have a slight chance to get into download mode. Not sure how you managed a brick by restoring a backup, but I'll try to help.

Ok, you are going to need the drivers for your phone. http://www.mediafire.com/file/6onrjbyd46j4lhj/T-Mobile_t989_GSII_ADB_Drivers.zip

You need odin as well, download it. http://www.mediafire.com/?u868rqz4qn0ta34
These links were provided by KonstantinKeller

Go here http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/ and make an account. I use sammobile because it contains everything in one shot. No need to get radio and crap from other places. After you make an account go to firmware section and type t989 in the search box. download the t989uvkid. ASSUMING YOU HAVE AMERICAN T989

After you have completed the download you are going to need to unzip it with 7zip to extract the tar.

Plug the USB cable into your computer, without plugging it into your phone.

Hold VOL UP + VOL DOWN while plugging in the USB cable to your phone. Stop holding buttons when the ''Warning'' appears.

Press Volume UP and start ODIN (Run as Admin on Vista and 7, just to be safe)
Click PDA and locate the MD5 file you extracted earlier.

WAIT FOR ODIN TO RECOGNIZE YOUR PHONE. THE COM PORT WILL TURN YELLOW AND HAVE A NUMBER

MAKE SURE NOTHING BUT AUTO REBOOT IS CHECKED!!!!!!!

Press 'Start' and be patient. It will take a few minutes because it is a large file.

phone will reboot automatically.

If you can't get the phone to be recognized try different usb ports or a different computer if you have another. This may not work at all, considering it sounds like you are hard bricked. Good luck!

Theres quite a few posts about how to flash back to stock, including the sticky with that name; however, I believe this post is the most clear and easy to follow.

Nice post! (And thanks for the link to sammobile...didnt know that one looks like a great page!)

Reactions: xcrazydx

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
Theres quite a few posts about how to flash back to stock, including the sticky with that name; however, I believe this post is the most clear and easy to follow.

Nice post! (And thanks for the link to sammobile...didnt know that one looks like a great page!)

Thanks, I wasn't planning on writing that up but after reading through the stickies I wasn't satisfied with linking one of those for the OP to follow. I didn't think they were clear enough, as you said. I have a skyrocket and the t989, btw.

Yes, sammobile is a much better place to get firmware, as it contains everything from sammy in one nifty tar. No looking for radios and doing separate functions. This is very good to flash if you run into problems where your phone fc's all the time and you need to start over.

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

No, every backup I use is from my phone

Sent from my MIUI.us Sensation 4G using XDA

What was the backup you tried to restore? It completed successfully?

Reactions: gunbreak

gunbreak

Apr 21, 2012
It's my Jugg 5.0 Rom backup. All the process done well, from using CWM creates a backup to restoring backup in recovery.

Sent from my MIUI.us Sensation 4G using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You most likely are hard bricked, but you still have a slight chance to get into download mode. Not sure how you managed a brick by restoring a backup, but I'll try to help.

Ok, you are going to need the drivers for your phone. http://www.mediafire.com/file/6onrjbyd46j4lhj/T-Mobile_t989_GSII_ADB_Drivers.zip

You need odin as well, download it. http://www.mediafire.com/?u868rqz4qn0ta34
    These links were provided by KonstantinKeller

Go here http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/ and make an account. I use sammobile because it contains everything in one shot. No need to get radio and crap from other places. After you make an account go to firmware section and type t989 in the search box. download the t989uvkid. ASSUMING YOU HAVE AMERICAN T989

After you have completed the download you are going to need to unzip it with 7zip to extract the tar.

Plug the USB cable into your computer, without plugging it into your phone.

Hold VOL UP + VOL DOWN while plugging in the USB cable to your phone. Stop holding buttons when the ''Warning'' appears.

Press Volume UP and start ODIN (Run as Admin on Vista and 7, just to be safe)
    Click PDA and locate the MD5 file you extracted earlier.

WAIT FOR ODIN TO RECOGNIZE YOUR PHONE. THE COM PORT WILL TURN YELLOW AND HAVE A NUMBER

MAKE SURE NOTHING BUT AUTO REBOOT IS CHECKED!!!!!!!

Press 'Start' and be patient. It will take a few minutes because it is a large file.

phone will reboot automatically.

If you can't get the phone to be recognized try different usb ports or a different computer if you have another. This may not work at all, considering it sounds like you are hard bricked. Good luck!
    Try the long power button press. Press the power button and hold it for like 10 seconds (Maybe more, it always feels more then 10 seconds). The phone should vibrate 3 times and then you release.

If that doesn't work, then see if you can get into download mode and get Odin to recognize your phone.
    what exactly are you doing? you were making a backup in cwm, it finished and then you rebooted?
    I flash a new Rom, but I don't like it. So I use Darkside Superwipe to wipe all cache and data of that Rom so that I can do the back up. After the back up process is finished,(I see everything runs well). I reboot the phone and it gets brick.

I am not quite understanding. You made backup, or did you restore a backup that you previously made? Anyways, If the phone wont boot try to put in in dl mode and odin it back to stock.
    I should download T989UVKID or T989UVKL1? I think my phone get android 2.3.6

it won't matter. if you want the newest grab kL1