SGP- SLIM Premium Tempered Glass protector.

Search This thread

avetny

Jul 16, 2010
Private Island.
logo_top.png

I did many reviews of SGP products (for galaxy s III)

-SGP Ultra NANO Optics screen protector

-SGP Ultra NANO clear screen protector.

-SGP illuzion case review.

So I very satisfied with them products.
And now I using Ultra Crystal Dual . (I removed stock film due to scratches)

IMG_2366e_zps4470b675.jpg

Witch is good choice of film with the best quality around a specially if you removed original anti-shatter film. It super slim, easy to remove finger prints, absolutely no interference in display clarity.

But only one thing I don't like is "cut parts" for the camera and sensors. It's ugly and my finger always picks that part.

Example:

IMG_2361222_zpsb1378f84.jpg

And that is a little bit annoying a specially when you think that your original (film) was completely cover all screen.

They did really good job with GLAS.t Premium Tempered Glass. Everything is perfect there. And the big plus for me that "you" feeling a cold glass. And that provides a very expensive look and feel to our Xperia Z.
But except one thing, it's a little bit thick-0.4mm. Because of that, the glass protector a slightly come out from the edges.

The great things of SGP they not only do superior quality stuff, but they also listen to us customers.

They did new GLAS.t SLIM Premium Tempered protector. Witch is fully cover front display and it's a 0.26mm thick !!!

The specs is high:

• 35% Slimmer : GLAS.t SLIM is only 0.26mm thick and made with chemically treated, transparent tempered glass.

• Surface hardness : 8~9H : The surface of the GLAS.t SLIM has a hardness of 8-9H, three times stronger than regular PET film. Even sharp objects such as knives and keys will not scratch the GLAS.t SLIM

• Oleophobic Coating : The GLAS.t SLIM has an oleophobic coating that prevents fingerprints and other contaminants and makes the film easy to clean.

• Delicate Touch : The GLAS.t SLIM is coated on the back with a strong silicon adhesive that makes installation easy and attaches the film firmly so as to not affect the touch screen's sensitivity.

• Anti-Shatter Film : If broken, the GLAS.t SLIM breaks into small pieces that are not sharp, making it safer than other glass products.

-Review is coming soon.

Regards

Last edited:

xeperset

Apr 21, 2012
I have installed the normal Glas.T on my Xperia Z (0.4mm) and it stopped the Proximity sensor from working correctly. I have since ordered the Slim Glas.T at 0.26 with the hope that this will work fine! Do report if you get any proximity sensor issues or if it works as usual, this is one of my favorite products and I would really like it to work :D

pvillasuso

Apr 16, 2007
I have installed the normal Glas.T on my Xperia Z (0.4mm) and it stopped the Proximity sensor from working correctly. I have since ordered the Slim Glas.T at 0.26 with the hope that this will work fine! Do report if you get any proximity sensor issues or if it works as usual, this is one of my favorite products and I would really like it to work :D

Same here [ installed the normal Glas.T ] ,

I ordered the slim version, hope this solves the Proximity sensor "issue"

Cheers
PV

MrL1

Nov 25, 2011
avetny Thanks for talking about Ultra Crystal Dual im thinking on buy it...

But now i will wait for your review on GLAS.t SLIM Premium Tempered. And than i will decide :p

Last edited:

rttnpig]

Nov 21, 2012
Where are you guys buying the slim? Dont see the option to buy on spg site...

Enviado desde mi GT-P7500 usando Tapatalk 2

xeperset

Apr 21, 2012
Damn :( mine should be arriving in a few days, less excited now!

I have since spoken with Spigen who have said that they have received some similar comments and are looking to possibly modify the design.

Sent from my C6603 using xda premium

Ordoron

Jan 26, 2008
AW: SGP- SLIM Premium Tempered Glass protector.

Are there cutouts or is it the same as the original?

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk 2

xeperset

Apr 21, 2012
I did an ice cream sandwich :) have never removed the shatter film from xperia device. Perhaps you will have more luck applying it directly!

Reactions: avetny

Ordoron

Jan 26, 2008
AW: SGP- SLIM Premium Tempered Glass protector.

If it works without the sony film it would be a win for me, this sony plastic is not build for a watter and dust resistant phone. I have deep scratches on the back... And for me i prefer a phone with no logo, clean black and beautiful...:)

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk 2

pvillasuso

Apr 16, 2007
Damn :( mine should be arriving in a few days, less excited now!

I have since spoken with Spigen who have said that they have received some similar comments and are looking to possibly modify the design.

This is what I did with that sensor issue [ till the slim version arrives ]

Settings / accessibility / SYSTEM / power button ends call [ CHECKED }

Hope this helps ...

MafiaManV

Jun 22, 2012
Zadar
What issues are related to proximity sensor ? The screen doesn't go off when we make calls ? Is there anything else. I too ordered mine 2 days ago :rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo_top.png

I did many reviews of SGP products (for galaxy s III)

-SGP Ultra NANO Optics screen protector

-SGP Ultra NANO clear screen protector.

-SGP illuzion case review.

So I very satisfied with them products.
    And now I using Ultra Crystal Dual . (I removed stock film due to scratches)

IMG_2366e_zps4470b675.jpg

Witch is good choice of film with the best quality around a specially if you removed original anti-shatter film. It super slim, easy to remove finger prints, absolutely no interference in display clarity.

But only one thing I don't like is "cut parts" for the camera and sensors. It's ugly and my finger always picks that part.

Example:

IMG_2361222_zpsb1378f84.jpg

And that is a little bit annoying a specially when you think that your original (film) was completely cover all screen.

They did really good job with GLAS.t Premium Tempered Glass. Everything is perfect there. And the big plus for me that "you" feeling a cold glass. And that provides a very expensive look and feel to our Xperia Z.
    But except one thing, it's a little bit thick-0.4mm. Because of that, the glass protector a slightly come out from the edges.

The great things of SGP they not only do superior quality stuff, but they also listen to us customers.

They did new GLAS.t SLIM Premium Tempered protector. Witch is fully cover front display and it's a 0.26mm thick !!!

The specs is high:

• 35% Slimmer : GLAS.t SLIM is only 0.26mm thick and made with chemically treated, transparent tempered glass.

• Surface hardness : 8~9H : The surface of the GLAS.t SLIM has a hardness of 8-9H, three times stronger than regular PET film. Even sharp objects such as knives and keys will not scratch the GLAS.t SLIM

• Oleophobic Coating : The GLAS.t SLIM has an oleophobic coating that prevents fingerprints and other contaminants and makes the film easy to clean.

• Delicate Touch : The GLAS.t SLIM is coated on the back with a strong silicon adhesive that makes installation easy and attaches the film firmly so as to not affect the touch screen's sensitivity.

• Anti-Shatter Film : If broken, the GLAS.t SLIM breaks into small pieces that are not sharp, making it safer than other glass products.

-Review is coming soon.

Regards
    My Glas.T SLIM arrived in the mail just now, in time for the weekend. :)

Like avetny, I actually messed up my installation, not once but TWICE! In my excitement and hurry, I stuck on the Glas.T not knowing that there were some very fine strands of hair/fur, so I actually took it out again and tried to use a bit of water to rub it out as it wouldn't come off, but that only made the water droplets mix with the adhesive and leave epic stains all over the Glas.T. That was it, $40 down the drain I thought..but I decided I had nothing to lose and washed the whole Glas.T under running water and rubbed hard on the adhesive side, didn't wait for the thing to dry and I proceeded to quickly stick it on my phone. To my surprise it actually worked as good as new! So, to avetny, do try washing the Glas.T thoroughly and apply it directly onto your phone while it's still wet, it will work as good as new. :)

So happy as hell I then proceeded to use the squeegee provided in the package to push out the air bubbles, but to my horror, there it was, another f**king strand of fine fur/thread. Son of a *****!! Luckily this time it was only one, and it was at stuck at the side of the Glas.T, so I lifted the Glas.T up just enough and used a needle to pick the strand out. Finally all was dandy. :D

First thing I tried was the proximity sensor. To my surprise mine was actually working even with the Glas.T installed. I took out the default Sony "shatterproof" film and applied the Glas.T directly onto the phone though, I think that definitely had something to do with it. To be sure, I tried making phone calls about 5 more times, and the proximity sensor worked fine.

Like pvillasuso already mentioned, this SP rocks, the oleophobic surface definitely makes unsightly fingerprints a thing of the past as it not only minimizes them, but any small prints and smudges are so easily cleaned off that you can even use your finger to do it.

All in all, I'm really enjoying this product, even if it gave me a couple of adrenaline rushes and close calls.
    lol, yes, it sucks!

claim your ( updated ) replacement

Yes I know cutouts suck too but...

The product is worth it 100%, IMO

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Oh, no I bought a new one. (they asked to ship back....It will take a while so I payed for a new one...

I don't want to do a review. I'm not excited with this product.
    Don't get me wrong "I like it" but I am not impressed. Something is bother me...I don't know what exactly, and is not a broken prox sensor...no man not that. Maybe I see that little gap between glass and plastics bord frame reminds me /2009.
    IMG_2411_zpsc4e0acd9.jpg

I don't know....I can say at night it's perfect and very preaty, but when you step outside where is light it gives some sh_itty look and I don't know why I don't like it....
    Maybe because it gives some blue line when you looking like that:

IMG_2409_zpsfffbc1b2.jpg

(I will take tomorrow better picture at day time)

The phone got "dark" display and sometimes you see this in the dark at light.

IMG_2413_zps55444a8c.jpg

On the way back to house from the car I saw some weird sun lines distortion. So I clean the display and it's disappeared.

Maybe I'm crazy dude...

And it's only front is glass, the back is basic "ultra crystal" film.

-It feels great.
    -Colors/sharpness of display are better than with "ultra crystal" (and it was immediately noticeable!!!).
    -Veeery easy to clean. So easy.
    (PS Between you and me the "front" dragontrail glass is squalor if we talk about fingerprints. And I don't how it will act at summer time probably crazy.
    Back is good and easy to clean just because is gorilla glass).

Glass protector rated from 1 to 10 will be 7.
    Ultra Crystal film rated from 1 to 10 will be 10.

Any way I will order my third pack of "ultra crystal" for make sure I have it ;)
    Nobody has confirmed the SLIM version won't work
    Sorry, but they have. It's on the first page. Here's the link: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39272442&postcount=9

I was really going to order, but don't want to sacrifice the proximity sensor. Damn.
    That's disappointing...are you sending it in for a replacement?

Nope , I'll use it like this , with the sensor off [ manual mode: screen ON & OFF with the power button ], I love too much this product , its amazing

Hope they release the version with the cutouts soon , I'll get it [ when available ] and re-activate the sensor.

BTW , looks really nice without the Sony Logo , had my doubts about it