Unlocked Bootloader =$345

Search This thread

TheGman125

Apr 17, 2010
birmingham, Al
Hello Everyone,

I would like to start this bounty list to list the total amount of money for some developer to help use with the devices. I am going to update the amount and name of the people that want to pledge for the devices.

I know I am like a lot of people out that wants to flash Rom like CM10.2/CM11.

Bounty List

Unlocked Bootloader
TheGman125- $40
integrate01 - $100
michaelbaxter- $50
xknobi - $40
drkdeath5000- $25
spapesh - $10
yourname1245- $30
2141tracker - $25
broderick6 - $30

Thanks in advanced for everyone pledge.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

xknobi

Jul 21, 2013
sry, please place me under "Unlock bootloader". Even when the hope for someone doing this or doable is very thin. :D

fascinateguy

Mar 17, 2011
Root or unlocked bootloader?

does this work with version 9.30.1? i dont have root nor a unlocked bootloader, from what i read having the bootloader unlocked i should be able to still root.

TheGman125

Apr 17, 2010
birmingham, Al
does this work with version 9.30.1? i dont have root nor a unlocked bootloader, from what i read having the bootloader unlocked i should be able to still root.

You don't need the bootloader to unlock. By you have that update the root process as been closed and I am trying to get a developer to work on this for all of use that have this devices and want CM or any other custom rom.

fascinateguy

Mar 17, 2011
You don't need the bootloader to unlock. By you have that update the root process as been closed and I am trying to get a developer to work on this for all of use that have this devices and want CM or any other custom rom.

i got my phone replaced by the insurance and it came with the latest OTA (9.30.1), from what ive read on this page, people that had root lost it due to the OTA update and what save them was that their bootloader was unlucked and all they had to is reflash SU via TWRP or CWM.

TheGman125

Apr 17, 2010
birmingham, Al
i got my phone replaced by the insurance and it came with the latest OTA (9.30.1), from what ive read on this page, people that had root lost it due to the OTA update and what save them was that their bootloader was unlucked and all they had to is reflash SU via TWRP or CWM.

That is very true... But I am assuming our bootloader is locked correct?

If it is locked then their isn't a way to unlocked the bootloader right now.

So you can't get root nor unlocked bootloader. If you want to place your money on the list then I can do that and also please share these forum on all your social network because I am trying to find a developer that want to take on this change.

TheGman125

Apr 17, 2010
birmingham, Al
OK PEOPLE THIS IS A WONDERFUL DAY... WE FINALLY GOT A WORKING ROOT METHOD FOR THE HD AND HD MAXX. I AM GOING TO COMMUNICATE WITH THE DEVELOPER AND SEE IF HE CAN DO SOMETHING ELSE LIKE UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER AS WELL

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Reactions: djvita and kc6wke

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There you have it people.

Yup, a bunch of people working on finding ways to unlock the bootloaders. I don't see that happening any time soon, but there's always hope - and the higher the bounty, the more likely you'll attract attention.
    QUOTE=k1mu]
    TheGman125 said:
    k1mu said:
    TheGman125 said:
    Hey My Friend,

I want to say thank you for putting this process for rooting our Motorola Droid RAZR HD/MAXX HD.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2549684

We the community currently have a bounty out for the process do you think you could help us with the unlocking of the bootloader as well?

I am going to post your name in our bounty for people to go head and buy you some beer.

Do you have a email address or link to your PayPal that people can get that to you?

Thanks again for all your help!

TheGman125

Thanks!
    As I posted in that thread, any bounty posted for the root should be applied to the bootloader unlock.
    Like Saferoot, which will root a wide number of phones running Android 3.4.x, a bootloader unlock would apply to a wide range of phones.
    I'd rather see the money go there to encourage people to work that problem as it's much harder.

So do you see yourself helping us with that issue?

I'm participating with a group of people who are looking into breaking the bootloader. Right now, it doesn't look good, but we'll keep trying.[/QUOTE]

New root achieved!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2602592
    So the Dev who hacked it & the user too who applied it to the 'HD?

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

As it would not be expected to have worked. 4.3 on a samy gs4?
    OK PEOPLE THIS IS A WONDERFUL DAY... WE FINALLY GOT A WORKING ROOT METHOD FOR THE HD AND HD MAXX. I AM GOING TO COMMUNICATE WITH THE DEVELOPER AND SEE IF HE CAN DO SOMETHING ELSE LIKE UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER AS WELL

New root achieved!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2602592
    So the Dev who hacked it & the user too who applied it to the 'HD?

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

As it would not be expected to have worked. 4.3 on a samy gs4?

Well, I do say in the post that I expect it to work on a wide range of phones - anything with an unpatched 3.4.x Android kernel.

I can't test anything I don't have, but I'm REALLY glad this works on your RAZRs. :)

For the reluctant to try this, it's really harmless if it doesn't work.

Please PM me a copy of the output from the rooting script if it works for you as I can use that to make it root a lot faster for others running your phone and build.

Edit: if there's a root bounty, please apply it to the bootloader unlock.