Upgrading to M8, how to transfer?

Search This thread

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
Hopefully upgrading today to the New One M8 device. I have ATT One X+ now and going to Verizon for the New One. Just curious of how to successfully transfer all my apps and all their data to new device? I know Google will download all my apps once I co figure my new device but how about their data? Like my private photos saved in Vaulty app, my game progress in dead trigger 2, etc?

I don't know if titanium backup is the answer and if it will work as it's backing up on this device then trying to restore app data on HTC New One M8 device?

This One X+ is my first android phone so never done this before upgrading to another android device. Appreciate any help in simple terms for me.

In settings and backup I have the box checked that says backup app data to Google on WiFi connection if that makes a difference?

/\/\

Jan 17, 2014
You should have asked this question after you got your new phone ;).

I have only one phone, but I also have a virtual android device running via BlueStacks. Both are connected to one google account. After I downloaded Asphalt 8 on Blue Stacks, it didn't restore my save games from my HTC (but even Asphalt has an in-build cloud store option). So I've created a backup of my save game using Helium/Carbon and restored it, but I think Titanium should work as well.

If using Helium/Carbon, you are can connect one phone to another using an internet connection. Then, you can choose on one phone "restore app data from other phone" option. While you simply relax, the whole thing is going on... And works!

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
You should have asked this question after you got your new phone ;).

I have only one phone, but I also have a virtual android device running via BlueStacks. Both are connected to one google account. After I downloaded Asphalt 8 on Blue Stacks, it didn't restore my save games from my HTC (but even Asphalt has an in-build cloud store option). So I've created a backup of my save game using Helium/Carbon and restored it, but I think Titanium should work as well.

If using Helium/Carbon, you are can connect one phone to another using an internet connection. Then, you can choose on one phone "restore app data from other phone" option. While you simply relax, the whole thing is going on... And works!

I wanted to have all my ducks in order before I get my new phone. Worst case I basically saved storage on my device to my laptop so can manually do that for music, photos, etc.

Thing is the New One M8 device does not have root yet so can't even use titanium backup. Does this carbon app work without root?

Thing is I'm trading in my One X+ for my new device so I have to backup my phone to my laptop which I did.

What I'm worried about now though is game data for dead trigger 2. Have a lot of time and money in that game and hate to lose it all when installing on my new device.

/\/\

Jan 17, 2014
Carbon does work without root, my HOX+ is unrooted. The only thing is, you need to connect your phone to your PC once. After that, you can plug it out and use Carbon. You will have to repeat it only if you reboot your device.